Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Wii Price Drop?

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Trulen
    I'd say until after the good games stop getting made.

Because there will be a load of sales for when SSBB comes out.

And then even more sales when a Mario Kart Wii comes out (If it ever comes out).

Not for a very long time.
    Very long.

I'd say maybe.... 2 or 3 years down the line.
    He has a good point...I forgot about the 4 amazing games later this year, and most likely some surprise games next year...and the year after that. Hopefull Nintendo learns to spread their games out, which they haven't been doing well.

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    6139-2063-0162-5101
    nintendo is the only one making money on their system when its sold so stop sayin its cheap shut up

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by kevbomac05
    nintendo is the only one making money on their system when its sold so stop sayin its cheap shut up
    Well the fact is that is cheap. It can be made much more easily because on the inside, its not a big difference from the GC. It is also the cheapest out of the three consoles right now. It is built well though, so there's some point. So in reality, it technically is "cheap".

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Dopey
    Anyone know when it will drop
    You must be out of your mind! You can't even find Wii in any store now, so people jack off the price of Wii everywhere: on eBay, Craigslist, Yahoo... The average price I've just checked is $310 up to $350 for an unopened Wii. Secondly, like somebody here said, Wii is already the least expensive console compared to Xbox360 or PS3 (and the games are also cheaper: $50 compared to $54 to $59 for xbox360 or PS3 games) Lastly, Wii is currently way outsold more than xbox360 and PS3. So according to supply & demand theory, Nintendo SHOULD HAVE raised the price, not the other way around. So keep on dreaming!

Member #
    Friends
    Since the Wii is already cheaper than the other consoles and is still very popular, I highly doubt that a price drop will occur anytime soon. Maybe in the next year or two, if the popularity decreases in any way.

The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee

PSN ID: Byuakuya

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Johndoe01
    You must be out of your mind! You can't even find Wii in any store now, so people jack off the price of Wii everywhere: on eBay, Craigslist, Yahoo... The average price I've just checked is $310 up to $350 for an unopened Wii. Secondly, like somebody here said, Wii is already the least expensive console compared to Xbox360 or PS3 (and the games are also cheaper: $50 compared to $54 to $59 for xbox360 or PS3 games) Lastly, Wii is currently way outsold more than xbox360 and PS3. So according to supply & demand theory, Nintendo SHOULD HAVE raised the price, not the other way around. So keep on dreaming!

They didn't and wont. And IMO, I think the PS3 is way over priced for a couple of reasons, 1. you have to buy a 1,500 dollar TV to have it utilize it's great graphics, 2. I don't know of anybody who cares about the Blueray and HD movie players plus you have to buy the HD and Blueray movies, Now imagine taking the 1,500 dollar TV away along with the Blueray and HD movie players and what do you have...... A Wii, So Sony is putting in these things that make it expspensive and making you buy a 1,500 dollar Tv just to utilize it's graphics so they can profit a 300 dollar extra profit along with their 1,500 dollar Sony TV when you can buy a Wii for 250 dollars that has cool controls but doesnt have the Blueray and HD movie players which isn't needed anyway and exspensive TV and save 1,800 dollars. So that shows you that PS3 is overpriced and Sony is just making you pay extra money to make them richer. So which one would you rather buy.

Member #
    Friends
    1831-7102-8397-5382
    Sony is being to expansive with they're consoles...
    Screw the sig, I'm a veteran.
    Relogged just now to say hi, March 12, 2012! <3

Member #
    Friends
    7223-3534-5566-9128
    the console has not been out for that long. it's way to early for a price drop on the wii and besides it's selling way too well.
    Owner of PS3 and Wii. Playing Unreal Tournament 3 at the moment. Everything else is on hold.
    PSN - arcticreaver

Ads