LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by ciper
    If you download them fron the internet then no!

Some games come with the update built in. Most of the games made by Nintendo have updates on them. I think Pokemon has the 2.2 update? Someone want to confirm that?
    Do you have to download the updates manualy or does it do it automatically from the internet on the Wii? If so what exactly do the updates do? Sorry for so many questions but I'm going to be getting a Wii soon and I want to make sure theirs no extra hidden fees and the rest of the are question are due to my curiosity about the Wii that I can't find anwsers to.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    You can check for updates manually but I think if you configure the Wii properly it will notify you of new updates automatically. The updates can do nearly anything. Some add new features like being able to view files on the SD card while others fix problems like missing parent controls on the shopping channel

Member #
    Friends
    I have one more question; When you buy a Wii and you get the one remote/nunchuk attachment with the sensor bar and you buy an extra controller do you need to buy an extra sensor bar?

Member #
    Friends
    7081-4874-6456-6678
    Quote Originally Posted by JLU51396
    I have one more question; When you buy a Wii and you get the one remote/nunchuk attachment with the sensor bar and you buy an extra controller do you need to buy an extra sensor bar?
    No you do not need another sensor bar, lol. They share the same one in the center of your television. the firmware updates are just that, updates. Free.

Member #
    Friends
    I use Wiikey with the wire method.

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by SadistBlue
    I was under the impression the 360 required some sort of modchip to alter the firmware. The psp scene I'm unsure about, so I can't comment.
    No, you just have to take it apart and hook the DVD drive to your PC to change the firmware on the drive and stuff..
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    another two questions; If my DS doesn't work on my router does that mean my Wii won't? and the second; When you buy the Nintendo USB Connector can it work on DS and Wii together for example: If I were to be on the internet on my Wii and then get my DS and get on the internet with it, could that be possible or do you have to keep the USB connector into either Wii or DS?

Member #
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    another two questions; If my DS doesn't work on my router does that mean my Wii won't? and the second; When you buy the Nintendo USB Connector can it work on DS and Wii together for example: If I were to be on the internet on my Wii and then get my DS and get on the internet with it, could that be possible or do you have to keep the USB connector into either Wii or DS?
    What does that have to do with this topic?
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by paintba||er

What does that have to do with this topic?
    Not much but I'm getting a Wii soon and I tried to ask questions in a thread specifically for questions but it seems that that thread is old and no one posts in, Sorry for some many questions, I'm just trying to make sure I have everything I need for the Wii and everything works.

Member #
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Not much but I'm getting a Wii soon and I tried to ask questions in a thread specifically for questions but it seems that that thread is old and no one posts in, Sorry for some many questions, I'm just trying to make sure I have everything I need for the Wii and everything works.
    So search for the answer and if you can't find it then make a new thread. Don't flood other threads with shit that is irrelevant to the topic.

Ads