LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Hacked Wii firmware

hey guys do you think it would ever be possible to use hacked firmware in the wii, in place of a mod chip. how long do you think it would take would you pay for it??

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    7081-4874-6456-6678
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_louis_1986
    hey guys do you think it would ever be possible to use hacked firmware in the wii, in place of a mod chip. how long do you think it would take would you pay for it??
    If I recall this is what made the xbox live get banned. Altering the actual firmware. If your intersted in modchipping, read soldering guides. I think it's better in the fashion not just everyone can do it.

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    But that is detectable unlike a modchip. I'm just waiting for a solderless modchip.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    Let me guess you have an Xbox? There are a huge number of people trying to hack the firmware of the Wii so that we can get homebrew running on it. There are also quite a few people trying to find a solution for the bricked Wiis. So far there has been very little success.

Member #
    Friends
    7081-4874-6456-6678
    I have no doubt we will see firmware changes at some point. However it is still early for the mod scene on the wii. Heck we haven't even decrypted the VC yet.

Quote Originally Posted by paintba||er
    But that is detectable unlike a modchip. I'm just waiting for a solderless modchip.
    Why are you waiting for a solderless one? A couple of systems never get to see a solderless chip grace their system. At the rate of how things are going for the hardware revisions for the wii, there won't be one anytime soon either.

Member #
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by SadistBlue
    Why are you waiting for a solderless one? A couple of systems never get to see a solderless chip grace their system. At the rate of how things are going for the hardware revisions for the wii, there won't be one anytime soon either.
    Because I know if I try to solder one I will **** my Wii up. Look up the WiiFree. It is going to be solderless.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    The Wiifree solderless chip has been rumored for ages. With so many new hardware revisions and changes I GUARANTEE its been canceled (IMO).

Member #
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Ugh...I really want to mod it, but I know I would screw it up if I tried soldering, and my soldering iron broke a while ago anyway...Maybe I will just go get a new one and start practicing...And how can you guarantee something in your opinion? Doesn't make much sense.

Member #
    Friends
    How about I say that everyone in the scene believes the solderless chips will never exist but there has not been an official announcement?

As it is right now all Wiis sold are "unmodable" by the average person because of either missing IC legs or the new chipset. There is no reason for new chips to be released until someone cracks the D2C!

Member #
    Friends
    I have question, What exactly is firmware and does it cost money to upgrade?

Ads