Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall7
    Whoa, let's not make this personal.
    Apologies Squall7. No offence meant. I have a son and have never laid a finger on him, and never feel I would need to.

Just remember children are a blank canvas, they only behave as they have been taught to do. They have to learn their behaviour from somewhere.
    Original Wii owner: December 8th 2006
    Games owned: Wii Sports, Wii Play, Super Monkey Ball, Rampage Total Destruction, Excite Truck, Red Steel, Godfather Blackhand Edition, Warioware Smooth Moves, Tiger Woods 07, Cooking Mama, Rayman Rabid Rabbids, Resident Evil 4, Mario Party 8, Boogie.

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by miiguy
    Apologies Squall7. No offence meant.
    Fair enough.

I hope I didn't step over the line at all. I'm not trying to tell people how to live their lives, just adding my two cents.

Just remember children are a blank canvas, they only behave as they have been taught to do. They have to learn their behaviour from somewhere.
    I know. In the end though, they learn a mixture or "monkey see, monkey do" (i.e. learning through immitation of someone else) and their own choices.

As someone who has had little smacks as a child, I feel that it has done me good in the long term, because I knew that the smacks were not out of aggression. They were out of love and out of a desire for me to become a better person.

Then again, there are those that were abused as kids, and so I see why they're either wanting it to be their chance to "release their aggression" (sometimes, the victim becomes the abuser) or to be against it completely (I believe that this is down to choice when children become self-aware).
    Last edited by Squall7; 07-05-2007 at 08:32 AM.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Member #
    Friends
    5537-0855-7535-2075
    @rocketpop - Exchange wii numbers with someone..... send them your mii. Then if it gets deleted it can be sent back again.

Member #
    Friends
    Holy Smokes, a simple NO would have done it. Thanks anyways.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketpop
    Its HIS Wii.
    umm... i think you should punish him from the wii. or mabey pretend like you deleted one of his mii's and ask him how he feels. my cousin did that a couple times (4 years old) and i said i just deleted your mii too. first she started yelling but after a while she calmed down and i told her i was just kidding. she has never tried to do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketpop
    I check yesterday and his bowling average is 243 !!!! LOL Thats better them mine! He throws a wicked spin.
    My Cousin has rolled a 296 game. she got all strikes but messed up on her last turn. her average is 236
    PIT OWNS YOU ALL

6ix
    Member #
    Friends
    lmfao another grown man getting whipped by his seed.

Get the belt out, it's never too late to start.

Member #
    Friends
    rocket- lol yeah i have a 4 year old that plays the wii more than anyone in the house... hes only deleted a few miis not mine but a few i have made... no way to save them which sucks... i think its pretty cool how little kids can navigate the wii menus and do alot on there on their own...

does your kid ever edit their mii? mine made his look flipping weird spikey grey hair and like 2 sets of eyes.. i think sun glasses in the normal spot and eyes on the forehead....

Miiguy- i understand your POV on the spanking issue but you need to realise that there is a difference between a spank and beating... if you are beating your kid because your mad or for no reason then yes that is wrong.. BUT if you spank your kid and explain why they have been spanked then i see no issue with that at all. a little spanking never hurt anybody...

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by 6ix
    lmfao another grown man getting whipped by his seed.

Get the belt out, it's never too late to start.

wow i bet your kids love u
    PIT OWNS YOU ALL

Member #
    Friends
    I feel I overreacted to the situation. For that I apologise to rocketpop.
    I still stand by my original point of not needing to lay one finger on a child for them to understand the difference between right and wrong. I appreciate other people may not share this view, but yet still love their child as much as I love mine.
    Original Wii owner: December 8th 2006
    Games owned: Wii Sports, Wii Play, Super Monkey Ball, Rampage Total Destruction, Excite Truck, Red Steel, Godfather Blackhand Edition, Warioware Smooth Moves, Tiger Woods 07, Cooking Mama, Rayman Rabid Rabbids, Resident Evil 4, Mario Party 8, Boogie.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by miiguy
    Then WTF have you got to complain about. He can do what he wants.

Short answer to your question. NO.

That says to me you've done it. A child NEVER deserves to be hit.

EVER.
    WTF do you know. I'm a child myself or close to (i'm 14) and I know there a moments when i deserve to be hit. I'd lol if I did something bad and my dad say's your grounded for 1 month young man. Though i do agree that hitting your son for deleting your mii's is kinda stupid. Maybe you should try bribing him & if that doesn't work, threats to do summat like sell da wii (did he buy it himself?) or delete his mii's
    Last edited by Avais100; 07-05-2007 at 01:24 PM.

Ads