LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38
  1. #1
    WiiChat Member rocketpop's Avatar
    Member #
    29373
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

    Protecting Mii's

    My 3 year old thinks it funny to erase my Mii. I even tried to save them off to both of my "wii-motes". He also deleted them from there as well.

    Is there any thing I can do to prevent this? Sturn warnings, time-outs, spankings does seem to work in this case.

    Im sick of recreating my Mii and losing my Wii Sports scores.

  2. #2
    All I can hear is you. miiguy's Avatar
    Member #
    24111
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    297
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Don't let him have the controller. Quite simple really.
    Also if you hit your child for deleting something of zero relevance it seems your child has more intelligance than you.

    You should be ashamed of yourself.
    Original Wii owner: December 8th 2006
    Games owned: Wii Sports, Wii Play, Super Monkey Ball, Rampage Total Destruction, Excite Truck, Red Steel, Godfather Blackhand Edition, Warioware Smooth Moves, Tiger Woods 07, Cooking Mama, Rayman Rabid Rabbids, Resident Evil 4, Mario Party 8, Boogie.

  3. #3
    WiiChat Member rocketpop's Avatar
    Member #
    29373
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Its HIS Wii. He plays more then anyone in the house. I was just stating that normal mode of punishment will not work in this case. I wanted a resolution other then those before someone suggested them, I did not mean to imply those were already taken. My mistake. Although He did get punished with a time out this last time because he did it out of dispite, he did it to get back at me for winning a game of wii baseball.

    BTW: I check yesterday and his bowling average is 243 !!!! LOL Thats better them mine! He throws a wicked spin.
    Last edited by rocketpop; 07-05-2007 at 07:57 AM.

  4. #4
    All I can hear is you. miiguy's Avatar
    Member #
    24111
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    297
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketpop
    Its HIS Wii.
    Then WTF have you got to complain about. He can do what he wants.

    Short answer to your question. NO.

    Quote Originally Posted by rocketpop
    spankings does seem to work in this case.
    That says to me you've done it. A child NEVER deserves to be hit.

    EVER.
    Original Wii owner: December 8th 2006
    Games owned: Wii Sports, Wii Play, Super Monkey Ball, Rampage Total Destruction, Excite Truck, Red Steel, Godfather Blackhand Edition, Warioware Smooth Moves, Tiger Woods 07, Cooking Mama, Rayman Rabid Rabbids, Resident Evil 4, Mario Party 8, Boogie.

  5. #5
    A li'l bit different Squall7's Avatar
    Member #
    89
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cornwall, UK
    Posts
    1,743
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketpop
    Its HIS Wii. He plays more then anyone in the house. I was just stating that normal mode of punishment will not work in this case. I wanted a resolution other then those before someone suggested them, I did not mean to imply those were already taken. My mistake. Although He did get punished with a time out this last time because he did it out of dispite, he did it to get back at me for winning a game of wii baseball.
    Wow. Quite a dilemma. Why did you buy your 3 year old son a Wii?...

    Perhaps a longgg lecture (no emotional pleas though) after each time he does it, so that the punishment is boredom, rather than physical or mental punishment.

    The other answer is get a second Wii, one for the rest of the family. Then you could have two copies of the Mii, (especially good if he doesn't know how to register a different controller on his Wii).

    I have to disagre with miiguy though. It's been the basis for the punishment throughout history, because it's something that has generally worked. The problem comes when parent's smack their kids, not for the discipline, but to get out their own aggression. Also, the fact that children often are more intelligent than people give them credit for, and know when you're trying to use emotional blackmail and such. Then, they just ignore it.

    Of course, you can bring up kids without smacking them, but I feel that if that is the way forward, then parent's in general need to be educated in how to discipline their children, rather than society expecting parents to have total control without smacking, for no other reason than their own expectations.
    Last edited by Squall7; 07-05-2007 at 08:01 AM.


    Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.


  6. #6
    WiiChat Member rocketpop's Avatar
    Member #
    29373
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Its really for the whole family but no one but him normally plays it. We have two wii-motes but he knows how deleted them off both and the wii console.

  7. #7
    All I can hear is you. miiguy's Avatar
    Member #
    24111
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    297
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall7
    I have to disagre with miiguy though. It's been the basis for the punishment throughout history, because it's something that has generally worked. The problem comes when parent's smack their kids, not for the discipline, but to get out their own aggression. Also, the fact that children often are more intelligent than people give them credit for, and know when you're trying to use emotional blackmail and such. Then, they just ignore it.

    Of course, you can bring up kids without smacking them, but I feel that if that is the way forward, then parent's in general need to be educated in how to discipline their children, rather than society expecting parents to have total control without smacking, for no other reason than their own expectations.
    If you feel the need to remote to violence to get your point across to a person with the mental ability of a three year old then that doesn't say much for your I.Q. Squall7. If that's your view, then please, never become a parent.

    EDIT: I know I'm sounding like an arrogant a-hole on this topic, but I'm afraid it's one I feel really strongly about. No offence meant to you Squall7.
    Last edited by miiguy; 07-05-2007 at 08:12 AM.
    Original Wii owner: December 8th 2006
    Games owned: Wii Sports, Wii Play, Super Monkey Ball, Rampage Total Destruction, Excite Truck, Red Steel, Godfather Blackhand Edition, Warioware Smooth Moves, Tiger Woods 07, Cooking Mama, Rayman Rabid Rabbids, Resident Evil 4, Mario Party 8, Boogie.

  8. #8
    No more stupid posts! gunsnroses's Avatar
    Member #
    28397
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    K-Town, Texas
    Posts
    228
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8487-7279-3996-8875
    ask him not too and if he does reward him or punish him for a day from the wii if he doex it again
    Geaux Tigers, Saints!

  9. #9
    No more stupid posts! gunsnroses's Avatar
    Member #
    28397
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    K-Town, Texas
    Posts
    228
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8487-7279-3996-8875
    maybe tell him to respect your stuff miis and i have a 3 yr old cousin oscar so i know how little kids act
    Geaux Tigers, Saints!

  10. #10
    A li'l bit different Squall7's Avatar
    Member #
    89
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cornwall, UK
    Posts
    1,743
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by miiguy
    If you feel the need to remote to violence to get your point across to a person with the mental ability of a three year old then that doesn't say much for your I.Q. Squall7. If that's your view, then please, never become a parent.
    Whoa, let's not make this personal.

    All I'm saying is that either parent's be taught the "proper way" of bringing up their kids, or that smacking as a form of punishment (not a way to get your point across, but as a way to disuade children from "naughty" actions) should be considered ok.

    Personally, I feel that I would rather sit down and explain why the kid should do/not do things without any sugar-coating, so as to make them realise that what I tell them not/to do is for a reason that benefits them.

    As for the 3 year old aspect, sometimes actions speak louder than words. If you give them a light smack, then they know wrong. If you use words, they can get confused and not understand what they've done wrong.

    Don't get me wrong, I don't feel smacking is necessarily "right", I just feel it's okay (i.e. One of the ways in which to discipline a child). When it comes to social issues such as this, I refuse to accept the popular opinion, and instead think hard about it.

    In the end, if it's good for the child, then it's good for everyone. If it's only a quick fix, then it's not good for anyone.

    EDIT: I know I'm sounding like an arrogant a-hole on this topic, but I'm afraid it's one I feel really strongly about. No offence meant to you Squall7.
    No problem. I just hope I make myself clear. I'm personally on the side of the parent's and the child. If something works, then leave it be. Others' interference shouldn't be there if it works. Obviously, sometimes it doesn't work, and that's when there's a major problem, but then it's worked for quite a while now, and for quite a few people.
    Last edited by Squall7; 07-05-2007 at 08:21 AM.


    Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

geaux saints

,

naughty mii wii

,

recreating an erased mii

,

wii mii deleted by mistake

Click on a term to search for related topics.