Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Ok and poiint is...

Quote Originally Posted by Almo
    i grew up with button mashing, sometimes id much rather mash.
    Yeah i grew up button mashing to, i was mashing long before there was anything to mash, just a dial paddle system that you turned...but time marches on and technology evolves and i for one am relieved.
    For example go play through a session of DOA-4 or any fighter for that matter, with any character all the way through until the last opponent and come and tell me with your throbbing thumb and forearm that you wouldn't rather have used a control scheme like the Wii offers.
    Thats like saying you grew up with radio and have no need for TV or you used to play 8 tracks or cassettes and albums and have no need for cd's or mp3 players. Things evolve and change and if your not ready for it then don't buy it.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    I give it an hour before Paintballer makes his way to this thread riding his magical PS3 Pony

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by gingerkid
    lol all the exclusives you stated are first party and are made only for the wii because there made by nintendo, microsoft has there exclusives and so does sony. i admit sony and microsoft will share games because the hardware is very very similar. the wii will have more exclusives but i just thought u should rethink what you stated and maybe add third party games instead of first party. thats like saying ps3 sucks cuz it doesnt have halo, well thats stupid it cant have halo because its a microsoft first party game. ps3 will have first parties too, like metal gear solid 4. see all platforms have good first party exclusives but what matters is third party exclusives.
    Whether it's 1st or 3rd party exclusives is not as important as none of them, NONE will be anywhere near as much fun to play as they will be on the Wii.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Macmutt
    Whether it's 1st or 3rd party exclusives is not as important as none of them, NONE will be anywhere near as much fun to play as they will be on the Wii.
    are you kidding me? thats an opinion!!! what i stated was fact, you idiot omg jeezeeeee.

Member #
    Friends
    8407-4245-3370-0256
    Yeah i grew up button mashing to, i was mashing long before there was anything to mash, just a dial paddle system that you turned...but time marches on and technology evolves and i for one am relieved.
    For example go play through a session of DOA-4 or any fighter for that matter, with any character all the way through until the last opponent and come and tell me with your throbbing thumb and forearm that you wouldn't rather have used a control scheme like the Wii offers.
    Thats like saying you grew up with radio and have no need for TV or you used to play 8 tracks or cassettes and albums and have no need for cd's or mp3 players. Things evolve and change and if your not ready for it then don't buy it.
    ok, i played DBZ:BT2 all the way through and wished i had a classic controller cause the wii controlls dont agree with fighters. Thats the one reason im holding back on MK, so i can get a classic controller with it.

Yeah OK So I Guess Im Back...
    So What...?
    WANNA FIGHT ABOUT IT?
    Can you See It...?

www.ultiforums.tk

Member #
    Friends

Ok let's try this again

Quote Originally Posted by gingerkid
    are you kidding me? thats an opinion!!! what i stated was fact, you idiot omg jeezeeeee.
    The point i'm trying to make is whether or not Nintendo has better 1st or 3rd party support is not all that will make it the better system, but the new and better control scheme as well.
    It goes without saying that everyone especially me hopes that Nintendo, aside from it's own exclusives gets a huge 3rd party support behind it, but as of now Nintendo has the most exclusives while Sony and Microsoft lose more exclusives every day to one another.

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    ok, i played DBZ:BT2 all the way through and wished i had a classic controller cause the wii controlls dont agree with fighters. Thats the one reason im holding back on MK, so i can get a classic controller with it.
    I thought the controls for BT2 were awesome and easy to use personally.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    8407-4245-3370-0256
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    I thought the controls for BT2 were awesome and easy to use personally.
    yeah so did i, that was the problem, man i remember the old DBZ games where to do your main blast it was a 5-6 button combo and not just hold a few buttons and screen out lol, same for MK when i saw that to do your special moves you just half circle and you make your own fatalitys, i remember having to remember a 10+ buttton combo for things like that, i liked that challange, and yeah sure it was button mashing but it was skilled button mashing.

Yeah OK So I Guess Im Back...
    So What...?
    WANNA FIGHT ABOUT IT?
    Can you See It...?

www.ultiforums.tk

Member #
    Friends
    Thats like telling people who play Street Fighter, Tekken, Marvel VS Capcom, SNK, to not use the arcade layout and use a remote. It wouldnt be as responsive, or fun. I couldnt even imagine DOA using a remote, that would suck personally. If a controller with buttoms and an analog is not nearly as good as arcade lay out, why would a stupid motion remote be any better?

I don't want rep. Rep me again and I'll have half a mind to rep each and every one of you.

Currently learning HTML & SEO & JavaScript

It seems I still have allies on WiiChat.

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    yeah so did i, that was the problem, man i remember the old DBZ games where to do your main blast it was a 5-6 button combo and not just hold a few buttons and screen out lol, same for MK when i saw that to do your special moves you just half circle and you make your own fatalitys, i remember having to remember a 10+ buttton combo for things like that, i liked that challange, and yeah sure it was button mashing but it was skilled button mashing.
    1) In the other DBZ fighting games pretty much all you did was make 3 motions and hit a bumper. So I really don't see a difference.

2) The MK fatalitys has nothing to do with the Wii, it's like that on Xbox.

If a controller with buttoms and an analog is not nearly as good as arcade lay out, why would a stupid motion remote be any better?
    So I guess we should halt advances in technology because we are too use to the old ways? NO. YOU GO DIE.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Ads