Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6791-2451-5102-9015

Wow Crazy

Ok I totally agree with what he said about nintendo and all the price cuts ect. My take on all this is this. Life in general (all things) are forced to evolve or die.
    nintendo has always been a family console and thats great to focus on that but to be that and only that will eventually kill it in my opinion.
    What im saying is if you look back on familys, back 50 years ago how the kids were able to talk to their parents and how when they grew up how those kids could talk to their parents and so on. Kids today dont have the respect and morals ect that kids in the past did. Im not saying Everyone fits that mold Im saying the majority. Things now are rampant that we didnt have before like drugs ect.
    At any rate take tv for an example here you have things like 3 stooges and abbot and contello ect. Then cartoons and they were very differnt on the speech ect. Now you can walk down the street and a 5 yr old kid will curse you out and things like simpsons and all these other shows curse or use more adult humor (which Im not against) Im just saying Family values and the way people act and conduct themself are changing.
    Before there was no Blood gore ect on tv now its covered in pretty much every day life. People are used to seeing topless girls ect. If nintendo keeps this false grip on what a family is they are gonna die. Its time they opened up to more adult games Maybe dont Endorse or say yay we're behind all those adult things but just turn a blind eye.
    If you tell someone they CANT have something they want, if they want it bad enough they are gonna get it. If everyone who owns a nintendo says we want a racing game and nintendo doesnt allow racing games Then everyone is going to get one someplace and guess what it wont be from nintendo.
    I think nintendo can still be a family geared company and support them but familys are changing and so is the world. We love mario and all the cute games but its fun to play other things from time to time also. I think they are seriously hurting themself if they dont open up to a wider audenice (spelling) because right now the people they are appealing to are a dying breed they (in my opinion) seem to be trying to appear to the family family there was 10 years ago and that type of family is about gone.

What you guys think am I on the money or what?

I mean everyone can buy what they want if someone doesnt like a racing game they wont buy it if they dont want adult one they wont buy it. but atleast its there if you DO want it.

Mario Strikers Code : 197675 214043

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by mushroomedmario
    ssb about button mashing

*scratches head

ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME

ssb is one of the few fighters that isn't about button mashing

you give it to a hard core korean button masher, and on the screen, he would be just doing a b-up move the whole time

man this is made by nintendo

not capcom

get yo facts straight

^_^
    It almost sounds like you have never played SB. In other fighting series you must hit the buttons in a very specific order to perform many of the complicated moves (special or combo) and SB does not have this.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    2625-5585-1810-7837
    Quote Originally Posted by ciper
    It almost sounds like you have never played SB. In other fighting series you must hit the buttons in a very specific order to perform many of the complicated moves (special or combo) and SB does not have this.
    Thats what I was thinking.
    You should thank Ciper for giving you the deffinition of button-mashing mush.mario.^^
    In any case, good info wiinter.
    I live by Occam's Razor. Cliffnotes please.
    WiiChat Forum Moderator
    Need help with anything, PM me.
    Gamertag:Fox Feld
    Wii:Fox
    PSNID:Fox121488
    Pokemon gen4: I can swap my SECs to play but... chances are I already imported my pokes to gen 5 and honestly the loss of items is infuriating.
    White 2 FC: 3526 3286 9253

I don't play your games.
    I play mine.

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    umm except for the fact that you can throw/use items, double jump and even though your special moves are easier than most fighting games, they are not 100% goign to his your opponment and can leave you vulnerable

edit: and in marvel vs capcom(example) and can just keep pressing a button for a long time so your opponment dosn't even have a chance to fight back, this wouldn't happen in ssb, and you have the change to sheild(and move around) if your opponment is button mashing

about the article, i don't think the ps3 will ever have enough sales as the wii, this gen the wii has more third party support and their second party and first party games kick ass(imo)

tails, the gc isn't really proof, it hardly had any third party support , and the wii already has that, it's going to have online play which imo, ssbb and online it's going to kick-ass, i don't know about the whole province/countryworld but around my area, i have a LARGE amount of friends that are waiting for that to come out to buy the wii

supply hasn't even met demand yet, i really think the wii is going to come up on top

plus they have a promising future cause they have existing franchises yet to even be mentioned(starfox, tales, more mario sport titles,f-zero) and more franchises that can come out of the grave(kid icarus, earthbound)

yeah~~~~~~~~~(sorry for rambling on)
    Last edited by mushroomedmario; 07-09-2007 at 05:04 PM.

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Member #
    Friends
    8745-5143-2651-5351
    The backlash is coming. Mark my words.
    I hope you're right, but if the backlash comes, what will Nintendo do? Straighten up and fly right? Or tell hardcore gamers Nintendo doesn't really need them, because they've got the cas gravy train now? I fear something more like the latter. They spoke convincingly at the beginning of the gen how they would cater to casuals AND hardcore gamers, and I suppose Mario is hardcore compared to cooking mama, but seeing pretty much the rest of the year already laid out, I see no evidence of action. They locked 3rd parties out of online for 2007, they've got their We'll protect you whether you like it or not FCs, and (hopefully E3 will change some, any of this) with the first year nearly over, there's still no worthwhile comm system announced (BT keyboard/headset).

My last real remaining hope is that a 3rd party steps up. They shouldn't have to do it alone--Nintendo should consider a quasi-2nd party partnership where they invest heavily in an experienced company to fill out the lineup and prove the system's worth, but...

Sigh.

MOHH2: AoW fortunz
    xfire: fortunzfavor

I am mianmini at IGN. fortunzfavor [at] netzero [dot] net

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    2625-5585-1810-7837
    I think they know this, but maybe blinded by recent success maybe?
    I live by Occam's Razor. Cliffnotes please.
    WiiChat Forum Moderator
    Need help with anything, PM me.
    Gamertag:Fox Feld
    Wii:Fox
    PSNID:Fox121488
    Pokemon gen4: I can swap my SECs to play but... chances are I already imported my pokes to gen 5 and honestly the loss of items is infuriating.
    White 2 FC: 3526 3286 9253

I don't play your games.
    I play mine.

Member #
    Friends
    7466-2556-3307-9977
    When you said that the XBOX360 core system is only $250, isn't that the model without the hard drive (ie. the useless model)? I don't think the 360 price cut will do much to Wii sales. Wii is for one type of gamer, and 360 is for another, and then there are those of us who had to have both.

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    I predict you are all wrong and Nintendo will be fine even with the 360 and ps3 price cuts.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    nintendo cares more for hardcore gamers cause they haev opinion on the matter, give wii sports to any casual gamer and they'll like it

however a star fox game for example, a hardcore gamer will compare it to previous star fox games, and how long it is to other games(such as tp) and what not

trust me wii health pack will sell a lot cause the wii is targeted to casual gamers and they'll like anything you throw at them

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by mushroomedmario
    ssb about button mashing

*scratches head

ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME

ssb is one of the few fighters that isn't about button mashing

you give it to a hard core korean button masher, and on the screen, he would be just doing a b-up move the whole time

man this is made by nintendo

not capcom

get yo facts straight

^_^
    no, get your facts straight.
    button mashing today, or how he used it, simply means using a controller that has all buttons. this term gained a new meaning once the wii came out. there are hardly any games that are just about mashing, the ones are just suck, like dynasty warriors.
    and what do you mean, made by nintendo, not capcom?? since when did capcom make a "button masher"?
    and no, a korean person wouldnt just be doing up+b the whole time, thats a horrible strategy..or, way to play. ssb is about shielding and parrys, on top of thinking fast.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Ads