LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by SadistBlue
    wow! so there IS an accessory, thats the easiest way as of now, but also not a cheap solution. the best would be IMO a homebrew utility installed on the wii via the SD card perhaps? & then the screenshot would be stored on the SD card too.

how i hope the wii can be like the PSP where homebrew apps can be made & installed on.
    nintendo wii US ver., 2 wiimotes, 2 nunchuks + sony PSP silver v3.40 OE-A + sony 4GB MS pro duo + sandisk 1GB MS pro duo + macbook 1.83GHz core2duo, 2GB DDR2-667 RAM, 120GB HD, 13.3inch + ipod nano 4GB silver + dopod 900 WM6 VGA 3G PDA-phone + transcend 4GB SD + casio exilim EX-Z57 5MP digicam + ridata 1GB SD + windowsXP PC 2.13GHz, 250GB HD + 60GB fujitsu laptop HD SATA & enclosure

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by tech.junkie
    wow! so there IS an accessory, thats the easiest way as of now, but also not a cheap solution. the best would be IMO a homebrew utility installed on the wii via the SD card perhaps? & then the screenshot would be stored on the SD card too.

how i hope the wii can be like the PSP where homebrew apps can be made & installed on.
    Like I said in my post just prior to yours it is not something new. USB video capture devices have existed for YEARS and this one is only different because it has the Wii plug on the end.

This is the same thing but for 25 dollars shipped
    http://cgi.ebay.com/10-NIB-USB-Video...QQcmdZViewItem
    The XCM V-Box is crap for the money.

There is no such thing as Wii homebrew.

Member #
    Friends
    3347-5827-8593-7298
    Yup, most have the three colored ends...the red white and yellow that plug into your comp...but this one was made specifically for Wii

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S.
    Yup, most have the three colored ends...the red white and yellow that plug into your comp...but this one was made specifically for Wii
    Isnt that a bad thing? What if you want to screenshot your playstation or xbox or watch TV on the PC?

Member #
    Friends
    3347-5827-8593-7298
    No, it's definately a good thing...the problem being I haven't found one yet...well, I found one on EBay, but some guy jacked just before time ran out >_<

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S.
    No, it's definately a good thing...the problem being I haven't found one yet...well, I found one on EBay, but some guy jacked just before time ran out >_<
    Let me clarify. You're saying its a good thing that you can use it ONLY with the Wii instead of buying one that can be used for any system??

Member #
    Friends
    7081-4874-6456-6678
    I must honestly agree with Ciper on this one. You might want to find some sort of input device that accepts rca feeds. As it would prove more useful in the longrun.

Quote Originally Posted by tech.junkie

We are not currently at a stage where wii homebrew yet alone a firmware hack is an option for the wii. Which in case a new firmware would be required to do screenshots of games to my knowledge (If at all). The PSP uses a firmware to take screenshots.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by SadistBlue
    I must honestly agree with Ciper on this one. You might want to find some sort of input device that accepts rca feeds. As it would prove more useful in the longrun.
    I hope you didn't take offense to my posts. I wasn't trying to say your idea was bad, it actually answers the original question perfectly.

Member #
    Friends
    6031-8713-1077-8188
    what works on the mac?
    iMac 2.4ghz Aluminum, 4GB iPhone, 12 iPods!

Member #
    Friends
    7081-4874-6456-6678
    Quote Originally Posted by ciper
    I hope you didn't take offense to my posts. I wasn't trying to say your idea was bad, it actually answers the original question perfectly.
    There was no offense taken. It was the support of the idea of buying a device simply for the wii might be a waste of money compared to one that does any rca input.

Ads