Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3890-0148-4172-8586
    Things convincing me:

Awesome reviews on GameSpot and IGN. There are simply too many good reviews on games for it to be bad. Sure, there are some kiddie games, but I still see lots of more teenish-mature ones.

Red steel's stunning graphics and controls(said to be extremely pinpoint accurate).

Wii channels(browsing internet(google maps and weather) with the thing is gonna be so cool).

Also, knowing Nintendo it should be nearly bug-free, durable, and fun.

Oh yeah and $200 less so you can buy other shtuff with it.

EDIT: Found a good quote:
    "Wii is not a next gen system the same way as PS3 and X-360. Wii is not powerful for graphics but in terms of controls this is the most powerful hardware on the market. Shooting and sword fighting have never been so real and immersive as with the Wii controller. And the best graphics ever will never deliver that." - Ubisoft.
    Last edited by slurba; 10-12-2006 at 04:35 PM.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Its just new technology it always divides people. Some like me and you chuck themselves into it, and others are more cautious. I remember it took ages for my mate to release DVD is waaaaaaay better than VHS.

Basically Ive been excited about this since the revolution was announced. Ive never been a fanboy but this, DS and Sonys arrogance does seem to be sending me Nintendos way.

WiiChat Member yankeesrule13251's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I found a awsome preview for mario strikers charged..

http://wii.advancedmn.com/media.php?...1548&medtype=2

watch the 1 on the left.. thats the one thats i watched.. it also has the orignal previews for other games... sorry if this has been posted.

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Seriously, why do you care sooo much what other people think of Wii and what you'll look like when playing it? If some one has the nerve to laugh at you and make fun of you for enjoying a good game, or for anything for that matter, just tell them to shove it! In the end, it's the people that don't conform to everyone else that are the real cool people and the people that think they're so cool, they're just full of themselves and aren't very spontaneous or interesting.

I've seen tons of videos of Red Steel, Zelda, Metroid, etc. and the controlls look tight. Wii's controller is really what I've always hoped for. It's like a combination between a mouse and keyboard, which is great for first person shooters and the anolog stick and limited buttons and triggers of a console controller, which is great for platformers, racers, and pretty much every other genre.

If you're afraid Nintendo is only going to cater to little kids, think again. Far Cry, Red Steel, Splinter Cell: Double Agent, and more to come all feature rather mature themes and those three are launch titles! Nintendo learned their lesson with the Gamecube that if they want to get anywhere they need games for all types of people.

When there are enough Xbox 360 exclusive games, I'll buy one because while Wii will have some mature games, Xbox 360 will have games like Halo and Gears of War, which just won't come out for Wii. I may even buy a PS3 some day, since they have a few very unique and artistic franchises like ICO, Katamari Damacy, Okami, etc.

Online will most definitly be just as good if not better than what the DS has now. DS even has some games with voice chat, so I can't even imagine what it will be like for Wii and...it's completly free! These first batch of games won't be online, but after X-mas, when the developers have access to the online part of Wii, it's going to be outstanding.

Here's a few videos to show what Wii can do:

Red Steel
    [MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfeidlcWIuQ[/MEDIA]

Metroid Prime: Corruption
    [MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yAtybU2B3k[/MEDIA]

These videos don't do Wii justice. If you want to see them in higher quality, go to IGN and download some of them.

Go here for Red Steel videos and here for Metroid Prime: Corruption videos.
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Picture created by: NateTheGreat

Member #
    Friends
    0130-2935-1724-6313
    Also the phrase kiddy games is over used, so you wont buy a mario game because it looks like a cartoon?
    This means you're: A Smart Gamer

What does it mean?

You have a good grip on the gaming world. you know what games you enjoy, you remain somewhat even in a debate through the consoles. undoubtably a "Super Fanboy" has called you a fanboy when you are not one but rather just stating facts. you are invalueable in a discussion on consoles.

WiiChat Member yankeesrule13251's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    i do buy mario games,i am talking about when i bought gamecube as the months went buy i saw dora the explorer or avatar, those kinds of games.... ( no offense to any1 who plays them).. I feel much better seeing the videos.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule13251
    i do buy mario games,i am talking about when i bought gamecube as the months went buy i saw dora the explorer or avatar, those kinds of games.... ( no offense to any1 who plays them).. I feel much better seeing the videos.
    To put this another way what about the children who also have a valid right to play the cube, they needed games like this but I will agree it seemed young child>mature gamer but I don't mind cartoony graphics etc a la mario, BW:II as long as it's fun and I find it awesome.

Look at Conkers Bad fur day, looked kiddy didn't it? What about the scouser dung beetles and the sunflower with big knockers now that was an awesome game R.I.P Ninty+Rare.
    Owned: Wii, Sports, Play, LoZ:TP

Member #
    Friends
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    when did nintendo actually receive this so called "kitty image" was it with the n64 or gamecube? Because im pretty sure with the snes and nes, there was never a kitty image put next to it.

Member #
    Friends
    Next years line up has SSBB, Metroid and BW2. Theres three games that look like they are going to be amazing. A new resident evil game and also games like sadness are definitley showing a more mature theme. Wii will be for everyone, expect childrens games, adult games and games for everyone.

I was a little concerned about the wiimote especially accuracy problems. but as time has gone by these problems have seemed to fade away. Plu the big N have confirmed that there will be firmware updates so any significant problems could be patched in the future.
    When I read about the evils of drinking I gave up reading.

Ads