LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    WiiChat Member yankeesrule13251's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

What would happen if you dont preorder ever?

I wont be able to preorder at the store, so my only chance is online. If i didnt/couldnt online ( I plan on it thought) would you have to wait until january to get one? You can preorder once the "deadline" is up. so how would you get one???? I called stores near me, they are like we have 5, one store had3... O man

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    8507-9443-5099-4224
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule13251
    I wont be able to preorder at the store, so my only chance is online. If i didnt/couldnt online ( I plan on it thought) would you have to wait until january to get one? You can preorder once the "deadline" is up. so how would you get one???? I called stores near me, they are like we have 5, one store had3... O man
    No, there will be continual shipments through this year, if you miss the first one.

Member #
    Friends
    4815-7837-6805-1378
    Well so far buddy i checked everywhere and its all sold out...for now they'll be more

WiiChat Member yankeesrule13251's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Then as soon as i get that e-mail saying You can now preorder online.. Bundle or regualr package i am preordering immediatley.!

Member #
    Friends
    4815-7837-6805-1378
    Depending on what happens tomorrow at EBgame ill probly od the same thing..i already ask Amazon to alert me if any console arrive in stock

Member #
    Friends
    If you failed to read the fine print, let me sum it up for you:

While GameStop/EBGames and probably every other store recommend that you preorder to ensure you can buy a console on launch day, they cannot reserve a system for you.

The only thing a preorder does is gives corporate a ballpark amount of how many units to ship to a certain store.

For example, if a store only gets one preorder for an item(as is the case with really crappy games), corporate will only send one additional copy of that game, making the count X + 1, where X is their original bulk amount.

Now, in the case of the Wii, Nintendo intends to have 2 million units at launch, which means they could either possibly have higher or fewer yields. If you do the math, it turns out that there will probably be 200,000 consoles for Canada and some regions of Mexico, leaving 1.8 million consoles for the United States.

Halve that to find out how many consoles will be divided among video game stores(GameStop/EBGames, GameCrazy, etc). The rest will go to your Targets, Walmarts, Toys R Us', etc. This leaves 900,000 units for each.

If you figure that there are 25,000 GameStop/EBGames locations and only 700 GameCrazy locations, the worst case scenario would be 20 consoles per store.

Edit: My numbers are off slightly, there are only 4,400 GameStop/EBGames locations in North America, meaning there could possibly be as many as 90 units per store.
    Last edited by teqguy; 10-12-2006 at 09:49 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Stores might only really be crowded on preorder dates... Good enough of an excuse for me not to stand around and wait for two hours.
    Last edited by flimbabulous; 10-12-2006 at 11:09 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    well if pre order doesent work tomarrow, I will just wait at the door for best buy. They are not takeing pre orders so its every gamer for himself.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by White-Wolf
    well if pre order doesent work tomarrow, I will just wait at the door for best buy. They are not takeing pre orders so its every gamer for himself.
    I don't think there's going to be a problem.

Current reports state that Nintendo's yields could be as high as 11 million units through December, meaning there could be as many as 5 million units available in North America by the end of the year.

Even if penetration is as high as Nintendo hopes, that still leaves a Wii sitting on a store shelf waiting for you when you want it.

Member #
    Friends
    i doubt there will be a problem .. as for standing out side of best buy .. i wont do lol .. theres always a circuit city or mall in the ghetto where you pretty much guarntee one lol . at least that works for me . xbox 360 was a breeze to get .
    currently own :
    wii
    ~LoZ TP
    ~Red Steel
    ~Rayman Raving Rabbids
    ~COD 3
    4 sets of controllers
    2 classic controllers

Ads