LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Oo, sorry i thought you ment intense as in like you get really into it and take it seriously and stuff. Not something with blood. And yeah Metriods a GC game i thought we were talking about wii :P

Member #
    Friends
    ssbb_lover: Intense does not mean blood/guns/swords. I think you forgot about my post.

Ronald: Dont be sorry. You are right.

Super Mario Brothers on NES is intense, Super Paper Mario not so.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by braschlosa
    ssbb_lover: Intense does not mean blood/guns/swords. I think you forgot about my post.

Ronald: Dont be sorry. You are right.

Super Mario Brothers on NES is intense, Super Paper Mario not so.
    Intense CAN mean blood/guns/swords. Why do you think 4 year olds play Elebits and not Red Steel? INTENSITY. And no, I didn't forget about your post, it's just that it was totally useless. I think you forgot about mine. "It Depends extremely on how you look at it."

And no, he wasn't right, because he forgot what "intense" can include. He actually manned up to it and realized what I meant, then understood. Try it sometime.

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

Member #
    Friends
    You can invent a definition if you like but I'd like to stick with the universally accepted meaning of hardcore and guns/swords/blood are not relevant.

"Why do you think 4 year olds play Elebits and not Red Steel? INTENSITY."
    So you agree with me then. Hardcore is equivalent to intensity.

Pick a side of the fence. You cant say "it has many meanings" and then defend only one.
    The context is important and in the context of "the wii has no hardcore games" hardcore means games with intense gameplay (but I guess you forgot that part of the discussion)
    Last edited by braschlosa; 07-18-2007 at 09:30 PM.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    You can invent a definition if you like but I'd like to stick with the universally accepted meaning of hardcore and guns/swords/blood are not relevant.

"Why do you think 4 year olds play Elebits and not Red Steel? INTENSITY."
    So you agree with me then. Hardcore is equivalent to intensity.
    I'm not inventing definitions. There's more than one definition. Is it that hard to comprehend?

And yes, that's what i've been trying to freaking say this entire thread. Super Mario 64 is intense, Resident Evil is intense. They're both intense in their own way because they both apply to different definitions of intense/hardcore...
    Pick a side of the fence. You cant say "it has many meanings" and then defend only one. The context is important and in the context of "the wii has no hardcore games" it means games with intense gameplay but I guess you forgot that part.
    I'm not defending one because I only believe that one. You said "blood/gore/guts/guns isn't what makes intensity", so I defended it. I singled it out because YOU attacked it. At least read what you write yourself.

We Want Young Blood.

Member #
    Friends
    I actually believe you are both right. The topic was made "whats the definition of intense" and you are both saying that all games with blood or without can be intense. ssbb_lover you just said Super Mario is intense and brasch said that the nes mario is intense. I think you are both on the same page here.

Member #
    Friends
    So when someone posts "why does the Wii have no hardcore games" it should be obvious that one specific meaning is implied.

In that case posting "but what about COD and Redsteel" makes no sense.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald
    I actually believe you are both right. The topic was made "whats the definition of intense" and you are both saying that all games with blood or without can be intense. ssbb_lover you just said Super Mario is intense and brasch said that the nes mario is intense. I think you are both on the same page here.
    I'm having a pain-in-the-ass-time here getting him/her to realize that...maybe he'll/she'll listen to you.
    So when someone posts "why does the Wii have no hardcore games" it should be obvious that one specific meaning is implied.
    That's because they're a dumb noob. They're not taking in what "hardcore" means. In their case, they're talking about one definition, sure. But that doesn't make it so that there's only one.
    In that case posting "but what about COD and Redsteel" makes no sense.
    Yes, it does. Damnit, it depends on how you look at it. GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEAD.

We Want Young Blood.

Playing is Believing blankconnection's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7027-9716-3519-4570
    I hate the word hardcore, so many people say it and it pisses me off. imo anyone who says their hardcore, or thinks their hardcore at something is just a complete fag, and putting that stupid word in front of the words video game is just a complete abomination to mankind.

If I my post helped you click on the GREEN MUSHROOM .....wait nevermind choose for yourself

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by blankconnection
    I hate the word hardcore, so many people say it and it pisses me off. imo anyone who says their hardcore, or thinks their hardcore at something is just a complete fag, and putting that stupid word in front of the words video game is just a complete abomination to mankind.
    If anyone who thinks they are hardcore at something is a complete fag. I would hate to see a hardcore fag.

Ads