LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Preorder day recap

I got up at 7am walked down to EBgames with my lawn chair and schoolbooks. Got there, NOONE IN LINE i was like...wow i feel like a nerd, ive never done this before. I look at panera nextdoor and am waved at. Four people ahead of me, eating bagels. Went inside till about 8am when someone refused to go inside (its 22 degrees here, with a windchill warning) so we headed outside. Broke out the ds and played multiplayer mariokart....at 9am the guy gets there, we all get up thinking hell let us inside. Nope, locks the door behind him in this freezing weather. Anyway at precisely 10am he takes preorders. I ask him, is it a midnight launch, he said if nintendo magicaly gets more units then yes otherwise no. I said do i have to wait in line or do i guarantee my fifth spot. He said, well ure guaranteed a system but u still have to wait in line.

I look at the piece of paper saying this guarantees ure spot in line, not a system. So i said ok, so is there order to this. He said no everyone who preorders has to fight over them. I was like....woah one sec....so the 40th person (40 people showed up, this is nextdoor to Ohio State) has the same chance as me. After catching his breathe (this guy was ginormous) he said no we only sold 18 of them, ure guaranteed a system at launch but u gotta be there.

That is the night of the OSU/michigan game. If its a midnight launch Ill most likely be partying, but i can always make a stop at ebgames and bring home my wii....semihammered....

Hopefully its not a next day launch or im gonna be feeling aweful when i go get my system, but ill be there....rain or shine or hangover!

But im quite pissed I recieved no call...anyone else.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by goexplodex4
    I got up at 7am walked down to EBgames with my lawn chair and schoolbooks. Got there, NOONE IN LINE i was like...wow i feel like a nerd, ive never done this before. I look at panera nextdoor and am waved at. Four people ahead of me, eating bagels. Went inside till about 8am when someone refused to go inside (its 22 degrees here, with a windchill warning) so we headed outside. Broke out the ds and played multiplayer mariokart....at 9am the guy gets there, we all get up thinking hell let us inside. Nope, locks the door behind him in this freezing weather. Anyway at precisely 10am he takes preorders. I ask him, is it a midnight launch, he said if nintendo magicaly gets more units then yes otherwise no. I said do i have to wait in line or do i guarantee my fifth spot. He said, well ure guaranteed a system but u still have to wait in line.

I look at the piece of paper saying this guarantees ure spot in line, not a system. So i said ok, so is there order to this. He said no everyone who preorders has to fight over them. I was like....woah one sec....so the 40th person (40 people showed up, this is nextdoor to Ohio State) has the same chance as me. After catching his breathe (this guy was ginormous) he said no we only sold 18 of them, ure guaranteed a system at launch but u gotta be there.

That is the night of the OSU/michigan game. If its a midnight launch Ill most likely be partying, but i can always make a stop at ebgames and bring home my wii....semihammered....

Hopefully its not a next day launch or im gonna be feeling aweful when i go get my system, but ill be there....rain or shine or hangover!

But im quite pissed I recieved no call...anyone else.

Stop complaining about the weather 22 degrees is balmy here in scotland

I hate Photobucket

WiiChat Writer
    Member #
    Friends
    8756-4872-6334-8478
    I went on play.com, signed up, preordered, budda bing budda boom, Fin.

Member #
    Friends
    I heard the deal is you have 48 hours to pick up your reserved item, if it isn't reached then you will get your money back and you loose the item to whoever buys it.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiired
    I went on play.com, signed up, preordered, budda bing budda boom, Fin.
    Do we need the payment upfront or what?

Looking where to get it from i most liklly go to game

No wii but zelda game >.> *DAM YOU NINTENDO MY WII IS RUBBISH*

Only took 4 years to get1 MetroidZ's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1000-0000-0000-0000
    thats what im thinking. GAME seems a good option.

Only took 4 years to get1 MetroidZ's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronan
    Stop complaining about the weather 22 degrees is balmy here in scotland
    er... i think he meant fahrenheit..

Member #
    Friends
    8507-9443-5099-4224
    Yep, I got there at 7 also. There were these two people that came at like 3 A.M... I wasn't gonna do that just for a pre-order. So now I have the pre-order, and very happy. =) But when November 19th comes around, I am DEFINATELY camping out at like 3 A.M. xD

Member #
    Friends
    Fifth in line at my eb games....got there around 7:30. Our manager was so nice, and started preorders at 9:00 instead of 10:00. When I left there were still about 20-25 people outside waiting. We also were able to preorder extra controllers, I got another wiimote, a nunchuk adapter, and a classic controller.

Unofficial WiiChat Helper Link_of_Hyrule's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7114-5214-3386-2022
    what bundles were there?

Ads