LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

about me and why i'm getting a wii

I first got a Nes, SNES, and then n64. Never bought the psx.

I remember back to 1999 when my cousin had connections and got me a Ps2 on launch day. It was cool. Games sucked though. Madden 2001 or SSX. '01 was ok, and the ssx was a horrible game. I couldn't wait for the Nintendo Dolphin after the ps2.

Then I hear... Nintendo Gamecube. I saw it, and the gamecube looked like a toy. I thought nintendo screwed up big time. I NEVER played the gamecube once. It seemed kid-like. I ended up getting an xbox.

After the '05 e3, I thought I would be getting a ps3 for sure. I thought nintendo should just give up with their new kiddy consoles. '06 e3 comes along I still want a ps3. Then I read more and more about it. I watched nintendo's e3. I converted. Nintendo Wii is not a kid consle, and I feel nintendo is dedicated to gamers. Sony is not dedicated to their gamers and have different motives with their ps3 release. I loved the wii controller. I'm going wii 100 percent. I might get an xbox 360 later, but right now, It isn't worth it for me. I hope nintendo takes back their crown.

Member #
    Friends
    8507-9443-5099-4224
    Nintendo Gamcube definately sucked. But, the Wii is the best out of the next-Gen consoles, and I beleive they will become King of the gaming industry again.

Member #
    Friends
    4532-8683-6668-7765
    Of course they will be. *fingers crossed*

Member #
    Friends
    4815-7837-6805-1378
    Quote Originally Posted by COLDshiver
    Of course they will be. *fingers crossed*
    I agree with Janova here...i mean so far both console suck compared to the wii...if you look at it this way the nintendo wii has a 66% rating that its going to own both PS3 and 360...and 34% said the it wouldn't

Member #
    Friends
    The problem with the GameCube wasn't the hardware- it was and still is plenty capable of providing an enjoyable experience.

The software and third party support, however, was as horrible as the CD-i(look it up if you're too young to remember... I'd rather not go into a lengthy explanation).

Member #
    Friends
    8507-9443-5099-4224
    Quote Originally Posted by teqguy
    The problem with the GameCube wasn't the hardware- it was and still is plenty capable of providing an enjoyable experience.

The software and third party support, however, was as horrible as the CD-i(look it up if you're too young to remember... I'd rather not go into a lengthy explanation).
    I was probably to young to remember the CD-i, but I have watched and read alot about it. THE HORROR!!!

Member #
    Friends
    6487-0727-1500-1514
    GameCube is the greatest console imo. It may not be up there in graphics, but I'll take Metroid Prime, RE4, the Mario games, Pikmin, Fire Emblem, Tales of Symphonia, etc. over ... Halo ? I've had both a PS2 and an Xbox, but I gave up on both of them a long time ago. The only reason I still have my Xbox, is because it has a modchip in it. I don't actually play it.

Anyway, rant over. The Wii is going to be the greatest console ever created, hands down. Every day I get more and more excited.
    *Image Removed By Moderator*

Member #
    Friends
    Actually, if you are an import gamer, the GC was an amazing system. NGNT4 is freaking awesome.

Ads