Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4815-7837-6805-1378
    Quote Originally Posted by teqguy
    Luckily Nintendo fans know no bounds.

Just poking a little fun.

Out of curiosity, what language will you be playing the majority of your games in?
    ENGLISH lol im an acadien and back here acadiens speek french and english togetter...we call tah chiak..lol example...Ej vien Right Back ( which is baicicly BrB the Ej is Je like I

anyway i love english way more then french thank you lol
    i never watch french movies anyway...its always in english...to tell you the thruth i can hardly understand what ppl are saying in french movies

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    The only function of a preorder is that it gives corporate a ballpark amount of how many units to ship to a certain store. This doesn't guarantee that your preorder won't become someone else's launch day purchase.
    On the contrary, the pre-order reserves our spot in line, it says so on the slip they all gave us when we put our pre-order down. Which means whichever systems come in first, we will be the first to be given the opportunity to buy them. This will be so until all pre-orders are filled. Then afterwards, those who did not pre-order will be allowed a chance to buy them.

The only thing not guaranteed to us is that we may not exactly receive it on the launch date, in the case that they do not receive enough to fill the pre-order quota.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Slayer
    ENGLISH lol im an acadien and back here acadiens speek french and english togetter...we call tah chiak..lol example...Ej vien Right Back ( which is baicicly BrB the Ej is Je like I
    Sounds interesting.

I don't know if you're familiar with Malaysians and Singaporeans, but they have a dialect that combines Mandarin and English that they call Singlish.

It involves excessive use of the word "lah" in every sentence, which to this day I still have no idea the meaning of.

If you ever get a chance, it's quite a spectacle to read/listen to... and you can't help but say they resemble the way an alien from Mars Attacks speaks.

Member #
    Friends
    4815-7837-6805-1378
    If you ever get a chance, it's quite a spectacle to read/listen to... and you can't help but say they resemble the way an alien from Mars Attacks speaks.
    lol must be intresting

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryouko
    On the contrary, the pre-order reserves our spot in line, it says so on the slip they all gave us when we put our pre-order down. Which means whichever systems come in first, we will be the first to be given the opportunity to buy them. This will be so until all pre-orders are filled. Then afterwards, those who did not pre-order will be allowed a chance to buy them.

The only thing not guaranteed to us is that we may not exactly receive it on the launch date, in the case that they do not receive enough to fill the pre-order quota.
    Not true.

If you read their disclaimer on their website, in addition to the memo that was passed around a few days ago, you would've read that the launch is still a first come, first serve basis.

As I stated, the only purpose for a preorder is securing an ADDITIONAL console that will be added into their current quotas.

If your GameStop/EB is operating this way, I congratulate you on choosing the right one, but the one I went to specified that we'd still have to be at each others' throats at launch.

I could be misinterpreting both the memo and disclaimer, but I can't get past the manager's opening statement.

Member #
    Friends
    If what you are saying is true, then there would be no reason for us to pre-order in the first place. That just doesn't make any sense, and I can't see GameStop/EB Games going through so much trouble just for that.

I have read numerous reports online from managers of these stores that those who have put down a pre-order, are first in line for the systems when they become available. All pre-orders have 48 hours to pick up their systems, in which afterwards you will forfeit your place in line.

This excerpt comes straight from the slip we were given at the time we put down our reservation:

"As GameStop cannot control production and shipping issues by the manufacturer, the reservation deposit will only guarantee a spot in line when your reserved product becomes available."

This means that yes, we are guaranteed that we will be first to be offered a system, especially since we have already put money down. However, there is NO guarantee that it will be on the launch date. That is all that they are saying. Just that we may have to wait a bit. There is no mention that we will lose our place in line.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryouko
    If what you are saying is true, then there would be no reason for us to pre-order in the first place. That just doesn't make any sense, and I can't see GameStop/EB Games going through so much trouble just for that.

I have read numerous reports online from managers of these stores that those who have put down a pre-order, are first in line for the systems when they become available. All pre-orders have 48 hours to pick up their systems, in which afterwards you will forfeit your place in line.

This excerpt comes straight from the slip we were given at the time we put down our reservation:

"As GameStop cannot control production and shipping issues by the manufacturer, the reservation deposit will only guarantee a spot in line when your reserved product becomes available."

This means that yes, we are guaranteed that we will be first to be offered a system, especially since we have already put money down. However, there is NO guarantee that it will be on the launch date. That is all that they are saying. Just that we may have to wait a bit. There is no mention that we will lose our place in line.

I don't think you're following what my understanding of the preorder situation is.

My point is that preorders could possibly affect the number of units allocated at each individual store, so that stores recieve amounts tailored to demographics, not just a number sent down from corporate that all stores are stuck trying to push.

This makes sense based on the fact that not every GameStop/EBGames' customers have the same needs. By allocating units tailored to each store, they meet these needs more accurately, in addition to not ordering more units than they're able to sell.

While this makes perfect sense to me from a business standpoint, I do hope that what you said is true.

Member #
    Friends
    Great Post
    Hopefully this stuff is really ... Real and that a week after they start taking preorders in canada i might be able to preorder xD

WiiOwner since June 2007. SSBB Fan Forever.

Forgotten but always remembered... o_O

Member #
    Friends

Hmmm

My point is that preorders could possibly affect the number of units allocated at each individual store, so that stores recieve amounts tailored to demographics, not just a number sent down from corporate that all stores are stuck trying to push.
    If that were the case, I don't understand why nor do I believe they would limit the number of preorders. The resulting number X+Preorder Sales would be inaccurate as they didn't give a slip for all the people standing in line. Or even 1/2. Or even, necessarily 1/3.

I believe the receipts guarantee an opportunity to get the system first, if the store should get enough systems in. What you are suggesting seems . . . somewhat illogical . . . in a business sense.

Thanks,

JD

Member #
    Friends
    Well i got told i payed my deposite i would be the first one to get one (im first on the list) so i hope i do get it

Grrrrrr

I think i get watcha people are saying is that you are garenteed one when they get them not that there garenteeing them on the release date!

No wii but zelda game >.> *DAM YOU NINTENDO MY WII IS RUBBISH*

Ads