LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    WiiChat Member acer589's Avatar
    Member #
    2215
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    27
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

    Plans for aquisition

    O.K., after totally butchering the word acquisition, I was curious. How do you all plan to go about getting you Wii(s). Right now I see about three primary means.

    a) Like a newb, your could preorder
    b) Like a hardcore, and I mean HARDCOR gamer you could camp out the night befor at a Best Buy.
    c) Like a lazy person, you could go in the next day and pray some are still there.

    I'm going with b.

  2. #2
    WiiChat Member Cyan Winters's Avatar
    Member #
    1722
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    117
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I'll be going to Wal-Mart 6 hours before midnight and waiting in line/creating the line.

    Can't really camp out at Wal-Mart, since it's open 24/7. But 6 hours should be sufficient, espicially since there will be 2 million Wiis in America..

    Wii Inventory: Wii, Zelda, Red Steel

  3. #3
    Banned Sovieto's Avatar
    Member #
    883
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,585
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by acer589
    O.K., after totally butchering the word acquisition, I was curious. How do you all plan to go about getting you Wii(s). Right now I see about three primary means.

    a) Like a newb, your could preorder
    b) Like a hardcore, and I mean HARDCOR gamer you could camp out the night befor at a Best Buy.
    c) Like a lazy person, you could go in the next day and pray some are still there.

    I'm going with b.
    I think someone didn't get a preorder cause they arent HARDCORE enough so their saying preordering is for newb. If you were hardcore, you would wait out in the cold to get a preorder THEN wait outside on launch night. If you were hardcore you wouldnt take the chance because you knew you would HAVE to get it.

    Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

  4. #4
    J'habite on FWONS :D im_a_super_smash_bro's Avatar
    Member #
    63
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Dunedin, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,163
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-1111-2222-3333
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    I think someone didn't get a preorder cause they arent HARDCORE enough so their saying preordering is for newb. If you were hardcore, you would wait out in the cold to get a preorder THEN wait outside on launch night. If you were hardcore you wouldnt take the chance because you knew you would HAVE to get it.
    Nice one Sovieto! And A for me.

    Pearl FC: 0473-4507-5401
    Name: Max

  5. #5
    WiiChat Member acer589's Avatar
    Member #
    2215
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    27
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

    Yeah...

    My area is sort of devoid of any video game stores that I would ever trust to effeciently handle a mass-preorder situation. Especially after the 360.

  6. #6
    Banned Kumoriken's Avatar
    Member #
    1956
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Princeville, (Kauai) Hawaii
    Posts
    981
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3916-4519-7595-8108
    One... You're a moron for putting those as the options. It offends me. I'd hardly think that being laid back enough to not pre-order it, and risk not getting one, would be newb-ish. Pre-ordering would be for the hardcore gamers, since they don't wanna risk not getting their hands on their system. >.> You, sir, have a VERY strange way of thinking...
    ...And if you haven't guessed, it's A for me. Representin' the "newbs!" xD


    Edit:

    Oh, and about this...

    Quote Originally Posted by acer589
    My area is sort of devoid of any video game stores that I would ever trust to effeciently handle a mass-preorder situation. Especially after the 360.

    That is, in NO way, the video game retailer's fault. All the blame belongs to Microsoft, for being retards and not supplying as many 360's as they allowed, pre-orders. Nintendo is to be trusted with this. Pre-ordering it is a gurantee that you get a Wii. But it's too late for you. Sorry, but. ;D
    Last edited by Kumoriken; 10-13-2006 at 10:10 PM.

  7. #7
    ******<---saucy Sam_Harris's Avatar
    Member #
    799
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,519
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8426-6514-9175-8079
    Well i pre ordered ages july i think and ill just mosy on in on opening day a to toys r us a pick it then smile and open that tickle me elmo cause i cant resist it it laughs hehe he i mean yes

    See I made it my own! RELIGION *whoosh* wow a 50 page thread bout how there beliefs are right and you are all wrong wow. Oh do want to be different rep! even if I don't help it seems to happen a lot here

  8. #8
    world crown chimpokomastr pizzaluvr's Avatar
    Member #
    1728
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NW Arkansas
    Posts
    679
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumoriken
    That is, in NO way, the video game retailer's fault. All the blame belongs to Microsoft, for being retards and not supplying as many 360's as they allowed, pre-orders. Nintendo is to be trusted with this. Pre-ordering it is a gurantee that you get a Wii. But it's too late for you. Sorry, but. ;D
    no, gamestop took way to many preorders, then left people w/o a 360

    im'a go to walmart around 11:00..., i missed the preorder
    Spoiler Alert!

  9. #9
    Banned Kumoriken's Avatar
    Member #
    1956
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Princeville, (Kauai) Hawaii
    Posts
    981
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3916-4519-7595-8108
    Quote Originally Posted by pizzaluvr
    no, gamestop took way to many preorders, then left people w/o a 360

    im'a go to walmart around 11:00..., i missed the preorder
    It wasn't only for Gamestop. Microsoft was supposed to specify the ammount of pre-orders, and they didn't, resulting in not enough systems.

  10. #10
    Expert Gamer lelando's Avatar
    Member #
    1033
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    139
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    im soo lazy im gona go for "A" but i think it is the worst option because you don't known when it's coming!!! Im getting mine deliverd on a school day so they might deliver it in the day and i will miss it! DAM YOU ROYAL MAIL!
    Last edited by lelando; 10-14-2006 at 04:13 AM.


    MERRY
    CHRISTMAS!

    WII ON FRIDAY

    *Loyal Wiichat Member*


Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. What Are Your Festive Plans?
    By Lewi T in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-15-2007, 03:52 PM
  2. any plans for a new zelda ??
    By extremegam in forum Legend of Zelda
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-09-2007, 02:11 PM
  3. Square-Enix plans DQ remakes!
    By SixStringedStress in forum Nintendo Wii Gaming
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-30-2007, 02:10 AM
  4. Your plans for launch!!!
    By dbinder1987 in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 11-04-2006, 07:03 PM