LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Wii pricedrop?

  1. #1
    WiiChat Member wiigame's Avatar
    Member #
    30720
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

    Wii pricedrop?

    Anyone know if there will be a price drop on the wii soon?

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    Is A Diddy Kong User. Fire Flower's Avatar
    Member #
    24018
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    London Ontario
    Posts
    885
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2617-4361-9813-7619
    Nope.



    This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between searches. Please try again in 1 seconds.


  4. #3
    Banned Acdude6's Avatar
    Member #
    28608
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    a place i like to call home...
    Posts
    167
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5203-4491-2676-4395
    not that i know of i think they wont do it for a while though but when they do it might be only like $20 but hey its a drop.but thats just what i think.here in illionis its still hard to get a wii.I would say try ebay or something you might be able to get a better price.
    Last edited by Acdude6; 07-24-2007 at 09:58 PM.

  5. #4
    WiiChat Member wiigame's Avatar
    Member #
    30720
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Im thinking about buying one very soon but I was originally going to hold out until a price drop.But I don't think I can wait!

  6. #5
    Banned Acdude6's Avatar
    Member #
    28608
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    a place i like to call home...
    Posts
    167
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5203-4491-2676-4395
    Quote Originally Posted by wiigame
    Im thinking about buying one very soon but I was originally going to hold out until a price drop.But I don't think I can wait!
    i see your point.when i first played wii it was like i played it my whole life i had to get it and i did.(last sentence doesn't really make sence)

  7. #6
    Slowly drifting away zeon9881's Avatar
    Member #
    7341
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    My PSN is zein9881
    Posts
    1,426
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7428-8550-5786-2492
    the wii is going so well that they wont need a price drop for centurues to come


    Quote by: Danny_c from Ps3forums

    no thanks. i could not care less about home. its a very neat idea, but i didnt buy a video game system to enter a "virtual" world.

  8. #7
    Got lifeboat? sremick's Avatar
    Member #
    27061
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vermont, USA
    Posts
    1,130
    Friends
    25
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    A price drop would be a move to boost sales once they start drooping. Basically what Sony did with the PS3. Since Nintendo can't even come close to meeting production demand at the current price point, there's no business logic for them to drop the price.

    So no, I doubt you'll be seeing a price drop anytime soon. You'll have to wait until Wiis are sitting on the shelves and not selling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

  9. #8
    WiiChat Member wiigame's Avatar
    Member #
    30720
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Scince there probably wont be a price drop soon,Ill just have too fork over the $250.Im gonna start calling to see where I can get one.

  10. #9
    WiiChat Member paintba||er's Avatar
    Member #
    1665
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Posts
    3,417
    Friends
    1
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    I doubt there will be. They have no reason to drop it. They have no competition in the same price range. So unless MS drops the 360's price then I doubt the Wii's will drop.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sremick
    A price drop would be a move to boost sales once they start drooping. Basically what Sony did with the PS3. Since Nintendo can't even come close to meeting production demand at the current price point, there's no business logic for them to drop the price.

    So no, I doubt you'll be seeing a price drop anytime soon. You'll have to wait until Wiis are sitting on the shelves and not selling.
    Sony didn't drop the price to boost sales even though it did. They dropped the price because they are going to discontinue the 60GB and sell the 80GB at the same price. They will actually be losing less money on the 80GB though since it won't have the Emotion Engine.

    Last edited by paintba||er; 07-24-2007 at 10:14 PM.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

  11. #10
    Senior Member CantGetAWii's Avatar
    Member #
    9325
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    WiiChat
    Posts
    6,418
    Friends
    33
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Quote Originally Posted by paintba||er
    I doubt there will be. They have no reason to drop it. They have no competition in the same price range. So unless MS drops the 360's price then I doubt the Wii's will drop.


    Sony didn't drop the price to boost sales even though it did. They dropped the price because they are going to discontinue the 60GB and sell the 80GB at the same price. They will actually be losing less money on the 80GB though since it won't have the Emotion Engine.

    Even is MS drops theirs I don't see the Wii following them and sony, I mean its just the console is already $289 or whatever, what would they drop it by 50 or 100, thatd be too much I would say, so no I don't see a price drop for the coming just yet. Hasn't even been out for a year yet.

    CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner


    'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'


    Retired Moderator-[PM]


    Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts