LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Wii to pull a 360?

Does anyone remember when they announced at E3 05 that 360 WILL be backwards copatible with XBOX games? Yet, it turns out they have to be "part of the list" for them to play. I don't know why this happened, but is anyone worried Nintendo might do this too with Gamecube? Like not ALL games are compatible and you have to wait for new ones to turn compatible? I know Nintendo is good with backwards compability for like DS and Gameboy SP. But has anyone seen anything that confirms that ALL Gamecube games will be backward compatible right away?

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    The reason there's an issue with compatibility with the XBox 360 is that they're using entirely different hardware and emulating Xbox games through software fixes.

The Wii, however, has hardware that is entirely compatible with GameCube games, because it's essentially the same hardware a few generations newer.

Member #
    Friends
    6487-0727-1500-1514
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    But has anyone seen anything that confirms that ALL Gamecube games will be backward compatible right away?
    Have you heard anything that refutes this point ? Until you do, all this thread is really doing is scaring people who think you've heard this somewhere. If Nintendo say "Backwards compatible" it is backwards compatible. Fear not. Nintendo are the least likely to let their fans down.
    *Image Removed By Moderator*

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip
    Have you heard anything that refutes this point ? Until you do, all this thread is really doing is scaring people who think you've heard this somewhere. If Nintendo say "Backwards compatible" it is backwards compatible. Fear not. Nintendo are the least likely to let their fans down.
    Or instead of pulling the "Nintendo would never screw us over card" people could just understand that the Wii doesn't suffer from the same technological issues as the XBox 360?

Member #
    Friends
    8426-6514-9175-8079
    yeah ive heard regiie say it can play the whole library of gamecube games

See I made it my own! RELIGION *whoosh* wow a 50 page thread bout how there beliefs are right and you are all wrong wow. Oh do want to be different rep! even if I don't help it seems to happen a lot here

Member #
    Friends
    6487-0727-1500-1514
    Quote Originally Posted by teqguy
    Or instead of pulling the "Nintendo would never screw us over card" people could just understand that the Wii doesn't suffer from the same technological issues as the XBox 360?
    You dare to doubt the great Nintendo ? Don't anger me. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry!

Haha, but seriously though. So far, they've stood by their word quite well. Since we're nearing November, I think they'd have told us already, and they wouldn't drop a bomb like that this close to release.

But you're also right. I was just offering another outlook on the issue.
    *Image Removed By Moderator*

Member #
    Friends
    After last week I was half expecting this to be about pre-orders and about there being no Wiis available .

I dont think it will be a problem if Sony can get backwards compatibility right then Nintendo certainly can.

Member #
    Friends
    if their managing to be able to play NES and SNES games .. most certainly can it play all gamecube games .. its not even a question
    currently own :
    wii
    ~LoZ TP
    ~Red Steel
    ~Rayman Raving Rabbids
    ~COD 3
    4 sets of controllers
    2 classic controllers

Only took 4 years to get1 MetroidZ's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    Does anyone remember when they announced at E3 05 that 360 WILL be backwards copatible with XBOX games? Yet, it turns out they have to be "part of the list" for them to play. I don't know why this happened, but is anyone worried Nintendo might do this too with Gamecube? Like not ALL games are compatible and you have to wait for new ones to turn compatible? I know Nintendo is good with backwards compability for like DS and Gameboy SP. But has anyone seen anything that confirms that ALL Gamecube games will be backward compatible right away?
    no. full backward compatability, then virtual console

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip
    If you read it, Microsoft said the exact same thing. But the person earlier than you awnsered my question pertty much.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Ads