LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Wii worth the buy?

I have a xbox 360 and im not planning to pay $600 for a PS3. I want to buy a Wii but not sure how I will like it and I like the type of games Nintendo offers. At first I thought the Wii remote was the gayest thing ever and now im second guessing myself. Is the Wii worth the buy and if so what is a good game to start with?

me two game systems below zachp18's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6651-9695-6213-2367
    well, i wud personally say no, because i think 360 is good enough, but the majority of people on this forum will say "yes" just because u posted the question on a "wii" forum....

Wii games that I own: Zelda, The godfather, Wii sports, Resident Evil 4.

Next up: Metroid Prime 3 Corruption

Member #
    Friends
    Thats true about pretty much any forum isnt it?

me two game systems below zachp18's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6651-9695-6213-2367
    Quote Originally Posted by born2game
    Thats true about pretty much any forum isnt it?
    lol, yeah, it pretty much is....have u ever played a wii at a friends house or anything? that would help ur desicion as wether to buy one or not..

Wii games that I own: Zelda, The godfather, Wii sports, Resident Evil 4.

Next up: Metroid Prime 3 Corruption

Member #
    Friends
    Naw, I wish I could say that I have.

Member #
    Friends
    2970-3563-4519-6293
    i would say buy it because it is fun as hell and there is alot of tittles comming out very soon that are AMAZING with wifi... and on a second note my firned bought a ps3 for 1000$ with warranty and stuff so ud prolly pay about 800 or more... since he got it a while ago... in my opinion get it because the gameplay is rlly something new like try getting resident evil 4 it is VRY fun and it is fun to controll it also i would say get it because even if it isnt as fun as a ps3 for the price it is very worth it and allthough ppl say the ps3 is better the wii sold ALOT more and in china they outnumberd the ps3 sales 4:1

Member #
    Friends
    I'd agree with the above. Try and find someone who has one. Specifically someone who has another game other than Wii sports like MarionStrikers Charged or resident evil 4 and have a go. The Xbox is a great console but me personally the innnovative design of the Wii beats both PS3 and Xbox hands down. If all you are after is online gaming I'd say give it a while as not much yet but will soon be changing.
    Wii games I own: Medal Of Honour Heroes 2, Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, Resident Evil 4, Red Steel, Mario Strikers Charged, Fifa 08, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Mario Galaxy, Big Brain Accademy, Battalion Wars 2 and Wii Sports.

Wii Number: 2823 4586 3223 6887
    Friend Code for MSC: 463957 076941
    Fifa 08 player name: Woz

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    I would say no since there really aren't many games that interest me for it. Most of the games are casual and are meant to attract people that don't normally play games. So unless you like mini games and other casual/non-gamer games then I would pass on the Wii. And the PS3 is $500 now, not $600.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownies
    i would say buy it because it is fun as hell and there is alot of tittles comming out very soon that are AMAZING with wifi... and on a second note my firned bought a ps3 for 1000$ with warranty and stuff so ud prolly pay about 800 or more... since he got it a while ago... in my opinion get it because the gameplay is rlly something new like try getting resident evil 4 it is VRY fun and it is fun to controll it also i would say get it because even if it isnt as fun as a ps3 for the price it is very worth it and allthough ppl say the ps3 is better the wii sold ALOT more and in china they outnumberd the ps3 sales 4:1
    Can I ask why the Hell he would have payed $1000 and why someone who bought one now would have to pay $800? The console only costs $500 US or $550 CND so how does that reach $800?
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Personally, I'm glad I bought my Wii. The game that will be best for a starter is the game you get with it: Wiisports.

I'd say try it. Most people will like at least one of the Wiisports games, like Bowling, Boxing or Tennis.

Often people see the Wii as a perfect companion to the 360: having all the HD graphics and power of 360, while having the fun of the Wii.

In essence, people pick up the Wii because it's fresh and fun. Sometimes people get bored with it, but then admitedly, most of the really good games aren't out yet. The big three that are out (in the US at least) before the end of 2007, and then there's a couple of non-massive hitters due out as well. Then there's Mario Kart in 2008, plus a couple of others.

People say that the Wii is just for kids. People mistake "everybody" for "lowest common denominator". This simply isn't the case. The Wii is literally for everyone and is also refreshing because of it. I think the figures are like 33% are female wii owners to 20% female PS3/360 owners.

In essence, I think it's worth it for everyone to at least try it.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Member #
    Friends
    I couldn't be happier having a wii. I used to be really into games had a ps2, xbox, and gamecube. i sold my xbox, my ps2 has all but bit the dust (first gen model), and i sold my gamecube. I now have a wii, and its the only system i plan on owning. As much as i love the hardcore games,(i.e. single player games) like god of war and what have you. At this point, i don't have the time to spend on games like that. And honestly, some sports game work sooooo perfectly with the wii its not even funny, im thinking boxing, bowling, baseball. I'm not even so much into the hardcore online gaming aspect, although i am aware it is the future of gaming. Nothing really beats sitting around and drinking a few beers with actual friends and playing. I am not all that interested in playing smash bros with some random kid. Plus, 3rd party games aside ... I bought the wii solely wanting to play nintendo's games. ... the 3rd party games which are gonna get excellent are a bonus.

------
    pm me to add me

2379-2735-1709-1655

Ads