LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    There was a thread about this a while ago, but it didn't get many replies since it was in the Lounge. It can be found here. It's cool though.

I guess I'll post what I posted there, here.

I'm totally putting Wii under my TV in my room, although I'm not sure whether I'll lay it on it's side or put it on the stand.

Quote Originally Posted by NateTheGreat
    Good idea for a thread!

^^This is what I see from my hide-a-bed couch: a 27" tube TV. It's nothing special, but it's got a pretty nice picture and, oddly enough, it has component inputs. I've got my trusty Xbox and newly aquired PS2, which I got free from my cousin. I plan on moving the TV and consoles off that gray stand and into the built-in space that's right behind it as soon as I can; the built-in is too shallow for the TV so I'll have to make a little extention-table.

^^Here's my couch and behind it on the wall you can see I've got the two rear speakers of my cheap but good $200 Sony 5.1 system mounted to the wall, which I really like.

^^And just for perspective, here's a distant shot of my room.

Yes, the ceiling is only about a foot or two higher than my head and it slants at an angle from both sides. You can also see my custom Fender Showmaster electric that I got from my uncle last Xmas.

I really like all the naughty pine walls; makes me feel like I'm back in the 70's even though I wasn't alive during that time.

I hope to sooner or later get a better sound system and of course, a nice LCD TV, although since my TV is only like 5 ft. from my couch, it's not really necessary.
    Last edited by NateTheGreat; 10-17-2006 at 04:37 PM.
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Picture created by: NateTheGreat

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Nice set up there Nate, I wouldn't mind coming over to chill and play video games for a couple hours. I say put the wii on top of the XBOX or PS2 to show it ownz it, probably the ps2 since its a more flat surface. But still, nice crib!

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    wow, this thread is a very good idea. OK so my former rec room in my basement used to be HORRIBLE to be in. The rest of my basement is still pretty bad, but my eldest brother moved into the rec room once we cleaned and painted it. He doesn't own all of though, a bit of the room will have our new TV in it once we get it adn alraedy has the foosball table in it sooo yeah I htink I will spend most of my time there playing with my wii. Or maybe in my living room but it doesn't have much room.

Member #
    Friends
    PS NATE: this thread is kinda different, this is more about what your doing to prepare for the wii and what you have and what you want/plan to do. But still, props for your old thread.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    Nice set up there Nate, I wouldn't mind coming over to chill and play video games for a couple hours. I say put the wii on top of the XBOX or PS2 to show it ownz it, probably the ps2 since its a more flat surface. But still, nice crib!
    Yeah, I like it quite a bit, compared to my old room down stairs that was like half the size.

Oddly enough, I spend most of my time downstairs in the living room and only go upstairs to sleep, play guitar, listen to music, and of course, when I have the time, play games.

You'll have to put up some pics of your place; sounds interesting.
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Picture created by: NateTheGreat

the guy below- HES BACK!! Wiitime's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1405-1695-6567-5492
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenova
    My parents / sister will never play a video game unless I am present. ...
    Exactly how i feel My parents wouldnt go near it but my sister would. And if she was mad at me, she would kick it or throw the games around..I am playing the wii in my room. I will have enough space, but otherwise i can bring it downstairs, play it, but then bring it back upstairs when i am done. But it will probably stay in my room since my sister watches tv downstairs. I think it should work out space wise. If i have friends over, 1 person might have to play on the bed. Otherwise i have no idea..

I have an old tv,would it truly matter with playing the wii on it? It doesnt cut out or anything. i know its better with a big screen tv, but would it make a huge impact?

the guy below- HES BACK!! Wiitime's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1405-1695-6567-5492
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenova
    My parents / sister will never play a video game unless I am present. ...
    Exactly how i feel My parents wouldnt go near it but my sister would. And if she was mad at me, she would kick it or throw the games around..I am playing the wii in my room. I will have enough space, but otherwise i can bring it downstairs, play it, but then bring it back upstairs when i am done. But it will probably stay in my room since my sister watches tv downstairs. I think it should work out space wise. If i have friends over, 1 person might have to play on the bed. It should be ok if we are along the side of the bed then like 3-4 people can fit..You dont need to run around while playing that much, you just need space to move your arms. Otherwise i have no idea..

I have an old tv,would it truly matter with playing the wii on it? It doesnt cut out or anything. i know its better with a big screen tv, but would it make a huge impact?

Member #
    Friends
    3916-4519-7595-8108
    O_o;; Wow. Didn't think this thread would be such a success. xP
    Oh and nice set-up, Nate! ****in' awesome! xD

world crown chimpokomastr pizzaluvr's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    at my dads house there is an awesome home theater room with a 360(seperate than mine) surround sound klipsch speakers(there the shit) and a awesome yamaha reiceiver, but if i leave any of my stuff in there(for example a game or movie) and my sister, cousin, or brother(or any of their friends that practicaly live there) will throw the game on floor and wathc movie in xbox because there to stuipd to use the dvd player, ive gotten 2 games lost there

but at my moms house theres a 42 in. hitachi plasma, and i practically live there, i have a rolling bed, and i roll it in their alot, my mom bought plasma but i have to buy surround sound or anything else( Wii!!!)
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    2025-2025-2025-2025
    here is the setup ill be using:
    http://pirana0.com/upload/files//8/100_0796.jpg

the wii is gonna go on the shelf right under the TV

KARPMOD SUCKS
    Moderator @ Wii Chat
    [PM]
    No, I will NOT add you to my friends list.
    [/SIZE]
    Mitch2025 - Stays crunchy, even in milk.

Thanks DBloke for the sig

I miss my weighted companion cube

Spoiler Alert!

Ads