LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wii chips..

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    but i will be able to play them on my chipped one, cuz IF they block chips its gonna be a longgggg time until its done.

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    no it isn't, people who modded their wii's had stuff go wrong last update, and with every update that pasts by, it's another chance on you getting a ****ed up wii

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by mushroomedmario
    no it isn't, people who modded their wii's had stuff go wrong last update, and with every update that pasts by, it's another chance on you getting a ****ed up wii
    i have a friend with a chipped wii and nothing happened.

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    yeah but that was just the third update, with every update your wii takes one step closer to becoming messed

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Member #
    Friends

define chiped?

One used to be able to use an Action Replay/Freeloder GC sized Disk (from Datle) with a Gamecube memmory card, modified by dismantleing the GC product and, in some instances, remove components and a little knowlage of using a soldering iron to instal a SD reader and male a GC Memory Card SD reader (modified chip) (or: using a Gecko GC Memory Card (SD adapter) and in conjunction with using SDload (or any free downloadabe firmware programs)
    These (modified chips) devices allowed users to play pirated (Home Brew Games) software on the GC and Wii. These Mod Chips might be considered to have questionable legality & most deffintly USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

The above examples are called a Mod Chips (modified chips)

Then there are just standerd GC Memory Cards (Chips), used for GC Games saves only on either GC and Wii
    And then there are just standerd SD Cards & MiniSD/cards with SD reader (aka Chips) that come in 64MB(old but still works), 256MB, 512MB, 1 Gig, & all the way up to 2 gig. Any Brand Name I've used thus far seems
    all work fine saving Wii Game saves, Wii Chanels, Wii Ware, Photos, and yes MP3's...

The above examples are called SD cards (Unmodified chips)

Stay away from HCSD's (Highe Capasity) they dont work (at least on my Wii anyway)

2 Gig seams to be the Limit (at least for me) My Dig Cam, & MP3 player have a hard time reading any thing more than 2 Gig...so ive never bought ay thing more than 2 Gig to test on my Wii...
    I have a regular 512Gig SD card (chip) in my Wii right now, and even after downloding all the WiiChanels, All Wii Wares & 10 VC Games (so far)
    I still haven't used up the Wii's internal Memory yet. so I haven even needed to utilize the 512 MB I already have,

As of right Now (dont know when the sale ends) all my local Radio Shacks stores are selling 1 Gig SD card(chips) for US $14.99
    & 2 Gig SD card(chips) for US $24.99...

And Nintendo as of the latest Wii Update (3.0) on Aug 7th 2007 has deffinitly blocked the use of Any Action Replay/Freeloder ver 1.14a & ver 1.14b

So now how do you difine "Chiped"?

And Whats the best chip (SD card) to use?) Any of them, but try not to waste money buying a A huge SD Card unless you can justify it buy its multi-purpose use in some of your other electroniccal devices.

mn777saint

Member #
    Friends
    i ment chips like WiiKey and WiiCan these stuff that u can burn games and play without buying

Member #
    Friends
    4962-6891-3145-7510
    The modders are always just one step ahead of the console makers....
    Wii Code: 4962-6891-3145-7510

Member #
    Friends
    ok now I get what u asked...
    A Mod Chip...
    yeah theses "Pro Hackers" claiming to have a chip and software so you can "Back up" your Game...Yeah right...people who Buy software...Buy Hardware & may even Buy the service of a "Pro" to install said chip...and there Spending this Money "just for a back up" uh...yeah right...thats like asking a dope dealer if they do dope...and them trying to convince you that yes they Smoke But they never "inhaled"...

Making a copy of a lincenced product IS piracy
    Theres a reason Copywrite Laws exist

I agree with mushroomedmario "with every update your wii takes one step closer to becoming messed"

The next Wii Update WILL detect any soldering points even if your Mod chip has an off switch...Agin USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Ads