LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    vv OMG Emo hampster!! vv BlightedArt's Avatar
    Member #
    1694
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    New Zealand.
    Posts
    448
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

    Words cannot explain how lucky I am, but I'll give it a shot anyway.

    I can't believe it... PHEW!

    Okay so what happenned? Well, I've pre-ordered my Wii and Zelda games, and at EB (This is a New Zealand EB) they gave me a reciept and took my name onto their computer. They said I had to keep the reciept with me for launch day to prove I ordered my Wii.

    They'd also accept verification of ID (drivers lisence etc) and compare it to the name on their system should I lose the reciept, but due to recent events of me moving housing etc, a lot of my ID material is being changed to suit my address etc, so all I have is the reciept.

    I'm 18 and still living at home, eheh... But basically I put my pants in the wash, and someone washed them. Then this morning I wake up and I'm looking around for my wallet (which I remember putting the reciept in). I remembered where my wallet was and was thinking...

    "...Oh F*CK!!!"

    So I ran to the laundry room and rummaged through about 3 feet of sweaty socks and t-shirts (and what's more they weren't even MINE *sudders*), then went outside to look at the clothes drying on the rack. I find my camo pants, and check the pocket to surely enough find my wallet in there, damp.

    "Oh f*ck, oh f*ck, oh f*ck", that's about $600 (NZ dollars remember :P) thrown away into one piece of soggy paper. So I open up the wallet to see what damage is done and it's... gone? What the??

    I walk back into the house scratching my head, ponderring on what obscene event took place to intervien in what could have been my instant loss of $600... Go into my room to finish packing my stuff for work, and see my reciept lying there on the cabinet next to my bed.

    I couldn't stop laughing when I suddenly realised I used it for a bookmark for the book I'm currently reading!! Hahahahaha!

    And I thought I wasn't looking after my reciept... Boy was I wrong.

    Has anything like this happenned to you? An ironic lucky stroke? This might have to go off-topic (as in not Wii related) so uh... this thread might or might not require moving to another forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyan Winters
    If your friends don't have their own Wii, what kind of friends are they?
    http://www.gabbly.com/wiichat.com <-live chat with WiiChat users

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    WII-19-VI Equis's Avatar
    Member #
    2360
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    727
    Posts
    652
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    how much its $600 ZN dol...in us money?

    and nop!

    well one time eb lost my name on the computer when i went to get my mario kart DD

    In the making

  4. #3
    Proud Wii Owner Wiiboy93's Avatar
    Member #
    2355
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Chatsworth,CA
    Posts
    527
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7776-3616-3352-5689
    wow that would have sucked really bad, you're definately lucky

    Wii friend code -7776 3616 3352 5689 Nickname - Wiiboy93
    PM me if you want to add me
    Xbox Live Gamertag - ChEeSeYmOnKeY31
    Thanks Wiired for the awesome sig

  5. #4
    :eek: i0n's Avatar
    Member #
    1
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,458
    Friends
    14
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    aha close call there buddy! Let this be a lesson to all pre-orderers - protect the receipt at all cost

  6. #5
    vv OMG Emo hampster!! vv BlightedArt's Avatar
    Member #
    1694
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    New Zealand.
    Posts
    448
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Equis
    how much its $600 ZN dol...in us money?

    and nop!

    well one time eb lost my name on the computer when i went to get my mario kart DD
    Ouch, that sucks.

    According to xe.com $600 NZ is about $400 USD for both Wii and Z:TP Rofl.

    Well, atleast our DYI equipment is cheaper. ^_^;;
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyan Winters
    If your friends don't have their own Wii, what kind of friends are they?
    http://www.gabbly.com/wiichat.com <-live chat with WiiChat users

  7. #6
    Final Distance Jenova's Avatar
    Member #
    1976
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,129
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8507-9443-5099-4224
    That's awesome. xD I have a story like that, and it has to do with the wii also.

    So, I go to my local gamestop at 7 AM on pre-order day. I'm waiting, waiting, waiting, and they finally call us in to pre-order at 10 AM. So when I went up to pre-order, I put my hand in my pocket, and noticed I FORGOT MY WALLET. I was panicking, as he asked for my name. I nervously said Larry, as I'm searching all of my pockets, and the floor, and everywhere. Just when I'm about to tell him I don't have my wallet, the gamestop guy says "I have a Larry Becker here, for $93.00 reserve on a Nintendo DS Lite..." My jaw just fell open, and I just stared at him. He looked at me confused, and said "Did you not know you had that?" I was thinking to myself "YES! OMFG I AM THE LUCKIEST GUY IN THE WORLD!!!" I get back to my senses, and pre-order the Wii, Zelda, Red Steel, and a Wii-mote set.

  8. #7
    vv OMG Emo hampster!! vv BlightedArt's Avatar
    Member #
    1694
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    New Zealand.
    Posts
    448
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!

    Oh my god that's CLASSIC!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyan Winters
    If your friends don't have their own Wii, what kind of friends are they?
    http://www.gabbly.com/wiichat.com <-live chat with WiiChat users

  9. #8
    Banned Kumoriken's Avatar
    Member #
    1956
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Princeville, (Kauai) Hawaii
    Posts
    981
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3916-4519-7595-8108
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenova
    That's awesome. xD I have a story like that, and it has to do with the wii also.

    So, I go to my local gamestop at 7 AM on pre-order day. I'm waiting, waiting, waiting, and they finally call us in to pre-order at 10 AM. So when I went up to pre-order, I put my hand in my pocket, and noticed I FORGOT MY WALLET. I was panicking, as he asked for my name. I nervously said Larry, as I'm searching all of my pockets, and the floor, and everywhere. Just when I'm about to tell him I don't have my wallet, the gamestop guy says "I have a Larry Becker here, for $93.00 reserve on a Nintendo DS Lite..." My jaw just fell open, and I just stared at him. He looked at me confused, and said "Did you not know you had that?" I was thinking to myself "YES! OMFG I AM THE LUCKIEST GUY IN THE WORLD!!!" I get back to my senses, and pre-order the Wii, Zelda, Red Steel, and a Wii-mote set.
    xD BWAHA!
    Nice, Jenova. Nice. *Nod nod*

    Oh, and I pinned my reciept up on the wall so I don't lose it. xP Of course, since the girl who works there (Damn, just realized she's pretty cute. xD) knows me and my mom pretty well, I wouldn't even need it. *Nod nod*

  10. #9
    WII-19-VI Equis's Avatar
    Member #
    2360
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    727
    Posts
    652
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenova
    That's awesome. xD I have a story like that, and it has to do with the wii also.

    So, I go to my local gamestop at 7 AM on pre-order day. I'm waiting, waiting, waiting, and they finally call us in to pre-order at 10 AM. So when I went up to pre-order, I put my hand in my pocket, and noticed I FORGOT MY WALLET. I was panicking, as he asked for my name. I nervously said Larry, as I'm searching all of my pockets, and the floor, and everywhere. Just when I'm about to tell him I don't have my wallet, the gamestop guy says "I have a Larry Becker here, for $93.00 reserve on a Nintendo DS Lite..." My jaw just fell open, and I just stared at him. He looked at me confused, and said "Did you not know you had that?" I was thinking to myself "YES! OMFG I AM THE LUCKIEST GUY IN THE WORLD!!!" I get back to my senses, and pre-order the Wii, Zelda, Red Steel, and a Wii-mote set.

    Lol that would have SUCKED!!!!!!!

    In the making

  11. #10
    Final Distance Jenova's Avatar
    Member #
    1976
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,129
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8507-9443-5099-4224
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumoriken
    xD BWAHA!
    Nice, Jenova. Nice. *Nod nod*

    Oh, and I pinned my reciept up on the wall so I don't lose it. xP Of course, since the girl who works there (Damn, just realized she's pretty cute. xD) knows me and my mom pretty well, I wouldn't even need it. *Nod nod*

    That's what I did. I pinned my pre-order on my wall, right next to my computer... Although, it makes me want the Wii even more every time I look at it. >_<

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. WII SPORTS - GOLF - Scores, tips, tricks
    By Cjv in forum Nintendo Wii Gaming
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-24-2010, 01:47 PM
  2. Twilight Princess Sequel
    By TwilightWarrior in forum Nintendo Wii Gaming
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 02-11-2009, 07:00 PM
  3. The Legend of Midna
    By asw32 in forum Nintendo Wii Gaming
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-25-2007, 10:34 PM
  4. Hotel Dusk: Help me!
    By Deathmetalmaster in forum Nintendo DS
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-06-2007, 01:02 PM
  5. The Legend of Midna
    By asw32 in forum Legend of Zelda
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-01-2007, 04:06 PM

Search tags for this page

no words cant explain how lucky i am

,

words cant explain but actions

,

words cant explain how lucky i am

Click on a term to search for related topics.