LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by paintba||er
    If you just want it for Zelda then get the GC one. The motion sensing isn't very useful in Zelda since you just shake the controller left and right and that does the same exact thing as it would do if you pushed a button on the GC controller.
    But then I said it wouldn't just be TP (although I'm sure a good percentage of playtime would be zelda, if not just TP then the older games as well).

MP3, Resident Evil UC, and Mario Galaxy would be nice too, not to mention what's [hopefully] to come. I would love to play Mario 64, Starfox 64, and some NES and SNES games like Super Metroid and Super Mario. And I already have the original LoZ on a gamecube disc. So I guess the console is worth it for 4 semi-launch titles plus a library of downloadable old ones, no? I'll have to watch, or I'll go broke just from buying VC games...

plus I do hate the bow aiming in GC, that turns out to be subtly different in every different Zelda game, but the one thing that remains is that you can't move while aiming unless you hold down L/Z at the same time, which is horribly inaccurate (I mean if you can't Z target an enemy). Plus, I have the money to spend, and I've made reckless purchases before that have turned out well (360 for instance), so why not. If anything I'll get a little fun.

Don't mind me, I'm just trying to prove that the purchase is worth it to myself, because I want to buy the thing, but am trying to convince myself to part with the money. I would take it in a heartbeat if someone was giving one away for free, but that isn't gonna happen, now is it?

It's scary when you put thing into perspective. The price of a Wii is a good percentage of that of a plane ticket. Why do the prices of consoles keep crawling slowly upward? I hope by 2010 (or whenever) the next next gen consoles aren't like upwards of 700 bucks, cause then at the rate the U.S. economy is going, we're all screwed. I Would have said upwards of 600, but we already have a contender this generation, don't we?

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    0680-1454-3102-7585
    get the wii mate. not only for Zelda but for all the other stuff that goes with it! Can always play ur gamecube games on it too!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PM me and add me to ur address book...

Member #
    Friends
    I think in your case it's not just about Zelda. If you have a TV that has no lag, then there will be no lag between you and Link. I'll let you in on something, but it's a semi-spoiler that would convince you that lag isn't a problem:
    Spoiler Alert!

Like I was saying, don't just consider it for Zelda. Super Smash Brothers BRAWL will be a Wii exclusive. What are you gonna do when it comes out and you can't get it because you only have gamecube?! Not to mention Mario Kart Wii (which will be online). Metroid comes out in about 2 weeks as well.

The Wii is a good investment, and I fought myself over it like you are now and I have no regrets in taking the plunge. $250 is a great price. Nintendo will always know where it's at and how to deliver.
    Xbox live tag: Terrador

Member #
    Friends
    0680-1454-3102-7585
    As i have said before... I was going to get a PS3. But in the end got a Wii - like above: No regrets here!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PM me and add me to ur address book...

Member #
    Friends
    0079-8462-7419-1215
    get the wii version, it really works well because you can really tell that nintendo did spend a lot of time making the wii version

yes they are essentially the same, but the controls on the wii are something better (and when fighting ganon you'll understand)

Member #
    Friends
    I've decided I'm going to get the Wii. You certainly convinced me .

Now finding it....
    someone suggested craigslist, but I'm always weary of Used stuff, and there are more "bundles" available from people in my area for new ones, rather than just the console, and the few consoles alone that there are, are considerably jacked up to 300-350 bucks, probably due to the pain in the a$$ the wii is to find.

i have a widget from outtastock.com that will alert me to any available online Wiis. I'm going away in a few days though, so I can't have anything shipped, lest it come while I'm out of state. Which is a problem, considering if you see one you have to jump on it. Maybe I can get the house/pet sitter to snatch it up for me and put it inside, but someone would probably have to sign for it. If not, I will be very mad that they left my $250 dollar console inside my storm door...

as painful as it may be, I'm going to have to call some local Toys R Uses and Gamestops and EB Games to see if they have any in stock. It's possible i can get a friend to snatch one for me if they see one.
    Last edited by gregjp48; 08-16-2007 at 12:59 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Do you have a Circuit City nearby? They get 12 Wii's every week. Most of the time on Tuesdays and Sundays. They arrive by Fedex rather than their shipping trucks because of the scarcity.
    Xbox live tag: Terrador

Member #
    Friends
    Everyone is pretty much going to say go for the Wii version. It's good, no doubt, but TP isn't the best Zelda in the series by a longshot. If you are only buying for TP, just get the cube version and get a wii when you can. Don't get me wrong -- the Wii experience is very fun (much to my surprise) but I don't think anyone can *honestly* justify spending $250 bones to play a somewhat better version of the same game. Note that graphically, they are the same.

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Just get a Wii. Even though it is my least favorite of this generations consoles, it is still worth a purchase since it is only $250, and I'm sure you will get enough entertainment out of it to justify that.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    good news, my dad's coworker has contacts at toys r us, so he's gonna put one aside for me, and I'll probably order TP off amazon (unless the price difference is nill).

Ads