LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Buying advice: wii + TP or TP for gamecube

Okay, so I've been trying to get a wii, and am getting a bit frustrated at how hard they are to come by, and I really want to play twilight princess already!

Do you think I should just get TP for gamecube instead? Are the controls just for TP alone worth $250, because I don't like the looks of any of the other launch titles. Are the upcoming titles looking better? I'm looking forward to MP3, Resident Evil UC, and possibly Mario Galaxy, but that's all I've seen.

I'm not really worried about graphics, since I have a 360 for that, and was looking for something a bit... different. Plus I grew up on nintendo games, and i still have a soft spot for them.

Mainly, should I keep looking for a Wii, or just stick with my gamecube for now? I'm afraid that if I buy TP for gamecube now though, that if I decide to buy a Wii later, I'll be pissed I didn't get it for the Wii in the first place. I'm just worried if the system will be worth it, you know last gen games technically, controls that some call gimmicky. I'm sure the graphics and gameplay will be better than TP for a lot of games, since it's just a port of a game originally developed for GC though.

I really like the archery etc. in TP on the wii (using the analog stick with the bow is torture at times), but a console is a decently-sized purchase, and I want to be sure it's a good investment, and that the novelty of the Wiimote won't wear off too quickly.

What I'm really asking for is user opinions. Do you members like your systems? Are they worth it?
    Last edited by gregjp48; 08-15-2007 at 11:18 PM.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Wii = best choice

Gamecube = fassive mailure

The Wii is VERY MUCH worth the money.

EDIT: After playing Twilight Princess on the Wii, you'll NEVER want to use a gamepad again for any Zelda game.
    Xbox live tag: Terrador

Member #
    Friends
    i was also just thinking, my first console was the gamecube (I know), so I didn't get to play those NES and SNES games everyone raves about. Or Super Mario 64 (I've played OoT and Majora's Mask on collector's edition gamecube disks, so I haven't completely missed out). So I think the Wii might be worth it for me just for TP and virtual console. Add MP3 and Mario, possibly Resident evil, and I could be occupied for quite a while. I'm sure my friends would appreciate an extra controller for wii sports too.
    Last edited by gregjp48; 08-15-2007 at 11:20 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyro
    Wii = best choice
    After playing Twilight Princess on the Wii, you'll NEVER want to use a gamepad again for any Zelda game.
    I've heard about lag between you and link's sword on-screen.
    Is in noticeable?

Member #
    Friends
    I didn't notice any lag and I have an LCD HDTV (which are the only TV's that are known to have any sort of lag, if they are built crappy).

Even if it did, it wouldn't matter. You get to a point where you don't try to do cool moves with the Wiimote (about 4 minutes into the game) and you just shake it violently until all enemies are dead, lol.

But the members here will tell you that shaking the wiimote violently is a buttload of fun!
    Xbox live tag: Terrador

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyro
    I didn't notice any lag and I have an LCD HDTV (which are the only TV's that are known to have any sort of lag, if they are built crappy).

Even if it did, it wouldn't matter. You get to a point where you don't try to do cool moves with the Wiimote (about 4 minutes into the game) and you just shake it violently until all enemies are dead, lol.

But the members here will tell you that shaking the wiimote violently is a buttload of fun!
    lol so no *left right up jab jump* kind of thing just *leftrightleftrightleftrightleftrightleftrightleft rightleftrightleftright yay they're all dead!* kind of thing?

and by lag i meant is the motion from the wiimote 1:1 with link's sword? or is it like commands? if so is there a delay from when you swing your wiimote to when link swings his sword? on another note, is the stab a jab with the wiimote, or is it up on the nunchuck and a horizontal swing? I can't find a straight answer to that on the net, or maybe I'm not looking hard enough.

edit: does the gamcube controller work well as an n64/snes controller in virtual console, or should I buy the classic controller? I already have like 6 gamecube controllers (actually 5, the x and b button on one of them sticks (3rd party turbo junk)). Honestly, I want completely wireless (members of the family have tripped over the power lead to the gamecube countless times causing me to loose unsaved progress in OoT), so I may buy a used wavebird to go along with the wii if I get it, which I most likely am.
    Last edited by gregjp48; 08-15-2007 at 11:50 PM.

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    If you just want it for Zelda then get the GC one. The motion sensing isn't very useful in Zelda since you just shake the controller left and right and that does the same exact thing as it would do if you pushed a button on the GC controller.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    hey , wii is real time... so, "Link" will move just like you

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by nonotz
    hey , wii is real time... so, "Link" will move just like you
    LOL don't lie to him.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    6772-9484-5615-6705
    shudd up, you got money? well get it..
    Pre-Apocalypse Wiichatter.
    Remaining Survivor of the Wii In Australia Members.

Ads