LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38

Thread: Holiday Season?

  1. #1
    WiiChat Member XmaXonX's Avatar
    Member #
    32234
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    18
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

    Holiday Season?

    Do you think that the Wii will outsell the Xbox 360 or PS3 this holiday season? The Xbox 360 does have some good games coming out that are appealing such as the big HALO 3. And on that matter, the Wii of course has many games coming out that will more than likely boost sales of the Nintendo Wii.

    So what is your opinion?

    I personally dont know what to expect. Both systems have good lineups that are coming up.

  2. #2
    CU Guild For Life! :DDD WiiWouldLike2Play's Avatar
    Member #
    8574
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida
    Posts
    2,116
    Friends
    34
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2881-3576-4343-5770
    Well, didn't the Wii Sell more than the XBox 360 on release date, or something? Hmm, yeah.. I don't know o_o Hard to decide and see.

    _December 19th, o8`_
    My amazing Games
    CounterStrike || Left 4 Dead || World of Warcraft: Lich King.
    Steam ID: APPLExCHiCk
    Wanna play CounterStrike/Left4Dead? Hit me up (:
    WoW - Realm/Vashj || Character/Zaduka || Horde, ftw!
    Status - O_o Just got back guys. Nice to see you all again!


  3. #3
    That Canucks Fan Syntax's Avatar
    Member #
    10388
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    5,358
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0001
    With Halo 3 coming out this fall I predict that Xbox 360 console sales will go up. However with the Wii still selling out we're just going to have to wait and see.

  4. #4
    WiiChat Member paintba||er's Avatar
    Member #
    1665
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Posts
    3,417
    Friends
    1
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    The Wii will probably continue to have the best sales since it has a much wider audience than the other two consoles.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

  5. #5
    WiiChat Member Belmont's Avatar
    Member #
    14916
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Murray Kentucky
    Posts
    460
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8288-8038-4521-3885
    well the wii has already out sold the ps3 by alot and it is closing in on the 360. But i feel by December 25th the wii will have outsold the 360. Even without the big upcoming games i think the wii will out sale the 360 i mean look at the stores you can easily go buy a 360 but you cant easily go buy a wii.

  6. #6
    ... SUTA's Avatar
    Member #
    31780
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    31
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    i think it will be close. like halo3 has like the sam rep as ssmb and metriod prime 3 wii equal up to bioshock. both getting guitar hero. i think though super mario galaxy will tip wii into first.
    wii code: 0719 6637 9417 8825
    MSC FC: 270690 266828

    all warioware owners! join the smooth move tourny today!

  7. #7
    WiiChat Member paintba||er's Avatar
    Member #
    1665
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Posts
    3,417
    Friends
    1
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by SUTA
    i think it will be close. like halo3 has like the sam rep as ssmb and metriod prime 3 wii equal up to bioshock. both getting guitar hero. i think though super mario galaxy will tip wii into first.
    I don't think it is these "hardcore" titles that are going to get them the sales. They are going to sell well because the Wii appeals to non-gamers and stuff, so there is a much wider array of people that may purchase one. If the sales were based completely on these "hardcore" games then I think we all know that the 360 would sale much better. Halo generates much more hype than SSBB and Metroid.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

  8. #8
    Wii > Xbox360 +PS3 laderer5's Avatar
    Member #
    17409
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Buffalo NY
    Posts
    1,538
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6636-1630-0874-1365
    Quote Originally Posted by paintba||er

    I don't think it is these "hardcore" titles that are going to get them the sales. They are going to sell well because the Wii appeals to non-gamers and stuff, so there is a much wider array of people that may purchase one. If the sales were based completely on these "hardcore" games then I think we all know that the 360 would sale much better. Halo generates much more hype than SSBB and Metroid.

    Halo 3 hype = ssbb, metroid 3 and super mario galaxy together.

    Tough call`.. isnt wii fit coming out?
    Arguing Over The Internet Is Like Participating In The Special Olympics, Even If You Win You Are Still Retarded.
    Super Smash Bros Brawl:
    2320-5790-2320

    Mario Strikers friend code:
    494028-363289

  9. #9
    Senior Member CantGetAWii's Avatar
    Member #
    9325
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    WiiChat
    Posts
    6,418
    Friends
    34
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Quote Originally Posted by paintba||er

    I don't think it is these "hardcore" titles that are going to get them the sales. They are going to sell well because the Wii appeals to non-gamers and stuff, so there is a much wider array of people that may purchase one. If the sales were based completely on these "hardcore" games then I think we all know that the 360 would sale much better. Halo generates much more hype than SSBB and Metroid.
    Well the thing is, if what you say is true, then the non-gamers have already got their share. I mean all those games coming out do not appeal to non-gamers, except for maybe Brawl. So when titles like Galaxy, Metroid and even Brawl come out, those gamers that have been waiting for the Wii to have some good games will come out and start buying some. Also, these gamers will not only look forward to the exclusives, but when the other games like Guitar Hero and Smackdown vs. Raw 2008 come out, people will not look to buy the other systems because the Wii has their games plus those ones.
    Halo changing all that seems hard but it is possible, however I would have to say more people already have a 360 because its had some decent games for a while, the Wii is starting to get there.

    So I would say though, that if the Wii doesn't have any delay's and manufacturing problems, then it will sell pretty well, demand may leave some gamers in the cold though around the Holiday season.

    CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner


    'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'


    Retired Moderator-[PM]


    Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

  10. #10
    ... SUTA's Avatar
    Member #
    31780
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    31
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by paintba||er

    I don't think it is these "hardcore" titles that are going to get them the sales. They are going to sell well because the Wii appeals to non-gamers and stuff, so there is a much wider array of people that may purchase one. If the sales were based completely on these "hardcore" games then I think we all know that the 360 would sale much better. Halo generates much more hype than SSBB and Metroid.
    true, but remeber halo3 is coming out 2 months sooner. once thats and getting a little old(notice i said "little") allmost the hype will move to brawl(everyone will be wanting to try it, even with there halo 3 to last them a long long while)
    but yes, the wii does seem to have that attraction to non gamers.i'm just saying they help
    wii code: 0719 6637 9417 8825
    MSC FC: 270690 266828

    all warioware owners! join the smooth move tourny today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts