+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000

Analog Stick on Nunchuk Turning Yellow

This issue has been brought up multiple times. I DID search, but the problem was never resolved in any of the threads.

Basically, the analog stick on both of my nunchuks is beginning to get a yellowish tinge. After searching through past threads, it seems as though this is a common problem and happens to many people. The most obvious reasons for this color change are sweating and having dirty hands (after eating food).

Not many solutions arouse. The most common one was to wear gloves, but I dont want to wear gloves every time I play wii. Skins wont work either, because its the analog stick, not the actual controller.

So, does anyone have something that will FIX the problem? Rather then just masking it (eg wearing gloves). Are there any solutions out there, any products? Should I just try rubbing it down with a wet rag.

Thanks everyone.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    4253-4708-4555-0363
    I've never had this problem, but I and most people would say, use some cleaner or rag (as you suggested) to clean the Nunchuck. If the yellow stains don't come off, then you're going to have to send it back to the store it was purcahsed at or send it to Nintendo.

Just common sense: Wash your hands before playing the Wii so this problem does not occur again in the future.
    2008 Jaguar XKR Portfolio

WiiChat Auto Enthusiast

Forum Moderator - [PM]

Member #
    Friends
    0079-8462-7419-1215
    just wash ur hards before playing, and im pretty sure u cant clean it, (ive tried)

besides, u get used to it after a while

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Yes, and I suppose I should make a rule that all of my friends have to wash their hands before playing as well? Good luck enforcing that one...

Honestly though: I dont eat why'll I play and I always wash my hands so I am thinking the problem is sweat. I suppose I'll try a few different cleaners on it.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Ya, like the others said, just wash your hands. I always wash my hands and make everyone else wash their hands before playing my consoles, and my analog sticks are still white.....
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    5431-1607-7668-3461
    I've never saw anyone with this problem yet, even though I've only played on two different Wii consoles. Good luck enforcing that rule for your friends to wash their hands before playing on your Wii. /sarcasm (God that sounded wrong)

All I can really suggest is to stop the problem, or try to stop the problem before it gets too bad. If it's just turning yellow and isn't that noticeable, do what others suggested: Wash your hands before playing, wear gloves, whatever, go as little or extreme as you want with it. Try to clean it, see what happens. It's probably all trial and error anyway. As for particular products, I haven't heard of any for getting your Nunchuk analog stick back to it's original white color.
    "My Pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my Charizard."

XBOX 360, PlayStation 3 and Nintendo Wii owner.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo93
    I've never saw anyone with this problem yet, even though I've only played on two different Wii consoles. Good luck enforcing that rule for your friends to wash their hands before playing on your Wii. /sarcasm (God that sounded wrong)

All I can really suggest is to stop the problem, or try to stop the problem before it gets too bad. If it's just turning yellow and isn't that noticeable, do what others suggested: Wash your hands before playing, wear gloves, whatever, go as little or extreme as you want with it. Try to clean it, see what happens. It's probably all trial and error anyway. As for particular products, I haven't heard of any for getting your Nunchuk analog stick back to it's original white color.
    You dont have to be so specific. Anyone heard of something that returns rubber to its original color?

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Brawl, Galaxy, ftw! wiiisawesome's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1866-9177-4158-8306
    Hmm, my first nunchuck's analog stick turned yellow but i think it was because I used a mildly dirty towel/rag, but my other one is normal.
    Brawl Code: 3866-7670-3577 Name: Ali
    Tell me if you added me if you haven't already!

I love WiiChat!

vote for me....Wario! wario2ooo's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0162-6929-7214-8876
    mine still looks white

off topic question: did u guys ever went up against a person name Adam@Gfaqs.........i played.....
    SSBB= 2664-1935-2379
    Guitar hero 3= 283602180394
    Strikers FC= 236458-134911
    PBR CODE= 1678-1299-6385
    PKM FC=1847-8145-3579
    Guitar Hero WT: 000189824665
    TvsC: 4082-6902-6467

need help with anything, pm me
    I'm back....and bored

...and justice for all myloveispure's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1255-5362-6050-5227
    Its because the nun chuck analog and the d-pad are both made of white rubber, which absorbs dirt and oils. I heard nintendo fixed this problem now - only the first lot of wii's had this problem.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads