LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: thieving ****

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Face it, people shouldn't be buying the Wii for the control scheme in the first place- they should be buying it because they're tired of playing WWII games since 2001.

As far as this Fusion technology is concerned, it's just banking on the novelty of the Wii controller. The games written for it won't feel polished and the whole thing will fall through. This has happened with every other "unique" controller scheme since the power glove.

Where the Wii differs is that they're starting from the grassroots with the Wiimote and providing no substitutes.

Member #
    Friends
    Hmm to be honest they do have to worry about this, Nintendos main selling point this time is bringing gaming to a wider audience via their unique controller idea, if this is copied nigh perfectly and looking at the peripherals in concept stage some cases better for a system that's also HD then what have they got? Simply the cheaper system, well if I could have the same thing, same titles (bar exclusives and come on PS have Final Fantasy XIII to counter Zelda) but also HD gaming etc then it would be a lot harder to choose.

Question, how do patents work on the whole "this is my business concept and idea"? For example if company N makes product WC and company F makes identical product in different casing called R.I.P.O.F.F
    Owned: Wii, Sports, Play, LoZ:TP

Member #
    Friends
    any game for the sp3 or 360 will have to be written to support this 3rd party controler. How many games do you think this will be.... 1 or 2? PC games, yeah i can see more being made for that. If its not mass produced though its going to be a very expensive controller. The games wont have use of nintendos dev kit ether. That makes programing wii input commands a snap. Any game made for this controller will have to be done from scratch. ow.

Member #
    Friends
    it's not really a threat to wii's controller. The wii is so much more unique than that controller. Not only that, but it is not wireless. There's no speakers for it, and it would only work with certain sport games. There is no main controller to just use.

Member #
    Friends
    7776-3616-3352-5689
    big deal nintendo has nothing to worry about

Wii friend code -7776 3616 3352 5689 Nickname - Wiiboy93
    PM me if you want to add me
    Xbox Live Gamertag - ChEeSeYmOnKeY31
    Thanks Wiired for the awesome sig

Member #
    Friends
    7527 1826 6337 6464
    nintendo did get copyrights, i remember back sometime between october 05 - december 05 ign reported that nintendo aquried liceses and stuff on the controlls. nintendo can easily take this to court and win. trust that it will be done. look at nintendo's history in trials.

DANG man...this makin me mad too......

Member #
    Friends
    7527 1826 6337 6464
    but you know what, look at this

this thing dosent even COMPARE to the Wiimote. its to big, has no intergrated sound....its just xbox360 style wii mote....think how tiresome and difficult it'll be waving and guiding that big hunking thing...it'll flop or wont take off watch. also, think about this..for example marvel ultimate alliance...its on ps3, 360 and wii. now say they make muv 2..are developers really gonna produce a ps3, 360 version, wii versions AND a version that acts like wii but with ps3,360 graphics??? naw, that too much time and money.

plus there's WAYYYYYYYYY to many buttons on that thing. it WONT appeal to the "non traditional" gamer
    Last edited by lloyd_yayo; 10-20-2006 at 11:20 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    I question why the only images for this divice are gi renders.

Member #
    Friends
    I'd much rather be able to play better looking games with the same (hopefully better though) "motion sensing" technology.
    Last edited by flimbabulous; 10-20-2006 at 11:49 PM.

world crown chimpokomastr pizzaluvr's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    ima try it out for 360 if its not to expensive,but theyre won't be nearly as many games for it
    Spoiler Alert!

Ads