+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: thieving ****

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7776-3616-3352-5689
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC
    Oh cool, then I can use the golf-club for a first person shooter.
    lol sounds fun

Wii friend code -7776 3616 3352 5689 Nickname - Wiiboy93
    PM me if you want to add me
    Xbox Live Gamertag - ChEeSeYmOnKeY31
    Thanks Wiired for the awesome sig

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd_yayo
    nintendo did get copyrights, i remember back sometime between october 05 - december 05 ign reported that nintendo aquried liceses and stuff on the controlls. nintendo can easily take this to court and win. trust that it will be done. look at nintendo's history in trials.

DANG man...this makin me mad too......
    They cant take it to court as you cant copyright the concept of motion sensing gaming. If it uses the same technology as the wii-mote (which is pretty unlikely) then they have a case to sue.

I cant say im too worried about this, optional peripherals nearly always fail, tis the way of gaming (in fact I cant think of any that have been successful). If anything it would just make coding a game a pain in the arse as not only would you have to code the normal controls but this as well.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC
    Oh cool, then I can use the golf-club for a first person shooter.

take that to san andrea!

In the making

Member #
    Friends
    Lmao these things are lame..I would rather carry my wii mote instead of a huge tennis racket and baseball bat lol these things could cause serious injury as well lol there just trying to get some money thats all

Member #
    Friends
    Yea, you could use something like this for a shooting game. And if they made an extra sensor that you could place somewhere on your body you could even shoot enemies that weren't on screen. Imagine pointing your controller behind yourself and shooting an enemy that was chasing you.

The extra sensor would let the system know where the controller was in relation to the rest of your body.
    Last edited by flimbabulous; 10-22-2006 at 01:39 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    i am pritty sure all of those pictures are computer done. They look like your standard global illumination. Thats why they look like cheap plastic. If you look at the two peace controller it doesent actualy seem to have parts to snap together. I wouldent worry about this.
    Last edited by White-Wolf; 10-22-2006 at 01:52 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by White-Wolf
    i am pritty sure all of those pictures are computer done. They look like your standard global illumination. Thats why they look like cheap plastic. If you look at the two peace controller it doesent actualy seem to have parts to snap together. I wouldent worry about this.
    I just dont get it? you cant be creatove enough to just imagine something in your hand acts as what its suppose to, so you have to seperately make a "stick" for each seperate use??? if this is true, then they forgot fishing pole.... fly fishing to be exact.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by White-Wolf
    Guys, it IS worth worrying about to some degree.

1) What does this mean about the technology in the Wii? Basically, this 3rd party company has been able to copy half of the wii's functionality without the Wii even being released yet! And in the article, it said that motion sensing for FPS games are in the works! Then all of Nintendo's technology will be "copied". What all this really means is that the supposed "cutting edge" technology in the Wii isn't really all that advanced. It kinda feels like we're being ripped off.

2) If this is technology that can be incorporated via the USB port on the other platforms, it's over for the Wii. There's no rational reason why anyone would buy this system for motion sensing and worse graphics when they can have better graphics and the same gameplay.

The only redeeming factor in all of this is we'll all have to wait and see what kinds of games are released for this and how dedicated these companies are to keeping this notion alive. One thing that Nintendo DOES have in its favor is that they are clearly dedicated to making games with this format in mind.

We'll just have to wait to see what happens. If these peripherals catch on, Nintendo isn't nearly as ahead of the curve as everyone thought they were and it could be a severe death blow.

world crown chimpokomastr pizzaluvr's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    who thought they where ahead of the curve, does anyone remember xavix? that was released like 4 years ago
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by JVIPER82
    Guys, it IS worth worrying about to some degree.

1) What does this mean about the technology in the Wii? Basically, this 3rd party company has been able to copy half of the wii's functionality without the Wii even being released yet! And in the article, it said that motion sensing for FPS games are in the works! Then all of Nintendo's technology will be "copied". What all this really means is that the supposed "cutting edge" technology in the Wii isn't really all that advanced. It kinda feels like we're being ripped off.
    not to a certain extent. If some other system, lets call it "FlameNation3" releases and has nothing original of its own, such as wireless controllers, motion sensor tech., a System button on the controller, and now this, all from products all together costing close to the same as just the FN3 alone and these same copied funcitons, what would you go with:
    -Cheap and Original=Wii
    -Expensive and Mimicking=FlameNation3

Ads