Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wii light gun

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    The Wii Zapper is not a Light gun:

This is how a light gun work: The "light gun" is so named because it uses light as its method of detecting where on screen the user is targeting. The name leads one to believe that the gun itself emits a beam of light, but in fact most light guns actually receive light through a photodiode in the gun barrel.

There are two versions of this technique that are commonly used, but the concept is the same: when the trigger of the gun is pulled, the screen is blanked out to black, and the diode begins reception. All or part of the screen is painted white in a way that allows the computer to judge where the gun is pointing, based on when the diode detects light. The user of the light gun notices little or nothing, because the period in which the screen is blank is usually only a fraction of a second.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_G...ight_guns_work

The Wii Zapper will use the Wii mote which instead of sensing where the gun should be pointing, instead is the actual item that is sending the light to be sensed, if that makes sense. I am personally thrilled about the wii zapper and think it'll be much better than a light gun. Also the games coming out will be amazing for it. Umbrella Chronicles, Ghost Squad, Medal of Honor, then of course Duck Hunt, Wild Gunman, and Hogans Alley. I'm just crossing my fingers for Gumshoe.

Last edited by Robotnik; 08-21-2007 at 08:16 AM.
    I am the Eggman. They are the Eggmen.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    6069-9016-3559-6279
    Like I said: A plastic rip-off.

Also since the Wii remote can be pointed at the screen. Why would the ever need a light gun for it(the key for the question mark doesn't work...)!

Just saying that both cases are rip-offs!
    Last edited by Monsteroids; 08-21-2007 at 08:44 AM.

Brawl Punching Bag

Chibi Asuka!!
    ------

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsteroids
    Theres always the alternative of NOT wasting money by buying a piece of plastic junk when you do have the remote. Likely these peripherals will obstruct the feel of the remote and gameplay rather than aid it. Seriously, ya got the damn remote! The plastic crap is for morons! Its your money going down the drain though pal so do what you like and hopefully you benefit from it.
    Exactly. If you get excited over a little piece of plastic that makes something look like a gun, then you would probably have just as much fun with a toy gun..........
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I still think both are good accessories for the Wii, and after watching that review on YouTube I want to buy that one now to play Red Steel with it. Sure I don't need it, but I want it...the only problem is I can't find a UK website with it on

Member #
    Friends
    As corny as it is, it'll be a lot of fun. Let's not take ourselves too seriously here, we are talking about our wiis here

Member #
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotnik
    As corny as it is, it'll be a lot of fun. Let's not take ourselves too seriously here, we are talking about our wiis here
    How will it be fun? I know I won't have fun by holding a controller a slightly different way.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    Because gimmicks can be fun. It's what made a lot of light gun shooter games fun, especialyl House of the Dead. It wasn't a tough game that tested shooting proweress, in fact the zombies were so big, and in the arcades you were so close that it made little to no difference. Also why racing games in the arcade often having you sitting on an actual racer.

I'm sure Sony and Microsoft thought the exact same thing about the wii mote...and that was their major folley.

(Side Issue)
    Also Apples are terrible, hence their paltry 3.48% Computer Market Share in the US, worldwide it's even less. They just have less viruses, bugs, and worms because no one uses them, it's like comparing the quality of a major highway to a brand new road built in boonville, Kentucky.

Member #
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Because gimmicks can be fun. It's what made a lot of light gun shooter games fun, especialyl House of the Dead. It wasn't a tough game that tested shooting proweress, in fact the zombies were so big, and in the arcades you were so close that it made little to no difference. Also why racing games in the arcade often having you sitting on an actual racer.

I'm sure Sony and Microsoft thought the exact same thing about the wii mote...and that was their major folley.
    But those things actually add something. Having a controller that looks like a gun but functions exactly the same does not.

(Side Issue)
    Also Apples are terrible, hence their paltry 3.48% Computer Market Share in the US, worldwide it's even less. They just have less viruses, bugs, and worms because no one uses them, it's like comparing the quality of a major highway to a brand new road built in boonville, Kentucky.
    3.48% is pretty good. It is 2nd only to Windows. (by its consumerbase) And there if that was the reason then they would definitely have some viruses. There are Pocket PCs and phones that have viruses, yet they are much less popular than Macs which have no viruses. (for OS X) And it sounds like you want the competition to stop trying? When you don't have competition you get.....well....things like Windows......

I am happy with my Mac that can do pretty much anything a Windows PC can, (besides gaming which I have my PC for) is much more user friendly, faster, (only slightly) and doesn't have nearly as many problems. When I boot my Mac I expect it to work. When I boot my PC (in Windows) I expect to be greeted with a bunch of error messages and a "congratulations you have 398 viruses, please format your drive" message.

Member #
    Friends
    I think the big thing, and sorry to beat this topic to death, is the fact that Nintendo is getting strongly behind this idea. Which means lots of games built around this idea. That is what gets me excited, if this was 3rd party attachment, that did the same thing it would be significantly worse, because if Nintendo is going out of their way to create it, it is the games that follow it which will make the big difference, and they will be fun.

Member #
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    I think the big thing, and sorry to beat this topic to death, is the fact that Nintendo is getting strongly behind this idea. Which means lots of games built around this idea. That is what gets me excited, if this was 3rd party attachment, that did the same thing it would be significantly worse, because if Nintendo is going out of their way to create it, it is the games that follow it which will make the big difference, and they will be fun.
    But the games will be the same with it or without it.

Ads