LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6640-6364-5205-2747
    the answer to your question is, why not? Even if your getting bored, etc. etc. you can always get yourself a 360 or Ps3 and you'll have the best of both worlds.
    Wii Friend Code: 6640 6364 5205 2747
    nickname: Mistah Wii

Battallion Wars 2 - 399 547 994 437
    Mario Strikers Charged! - 369473 902831

There ya' have it. . .

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    5935-0595-2673-3600
    The Wii is awesome! Theres a bunch of games I want now but just dont have the money for.
    But at least I had enough money to get Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Medal of Honor Heroes 2 is gonna be awesome with 32 man online. Just give it time....
    "For remember, fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind"

Member #
    Friends
    actually, back when i was debating of ridding my wii or not, i got the exact same responses.
    "disaster, project hammer, ssbb, just give it time"
    this was almost a year ago......
    weve heard next to nothing about disaster or sadness, with project hammer being canned (rumorz, probably true though)
    i wonder why people think 32 player online is so great also..its as though theyve never played with 32 people, people are doing the same game abuse you see everywhere else but x32.
    back on topic.
    its weird how he already mentioned he could care less for the ninty main titles, then everyone goes on to put them on their lists he should look forward too, proof that people are only looking at the thread title then working up their little hot heads to create a list that was already discarded.

the fact here is, if the wii is your only console, then chances are you are going to be bored. people have been saying it year in and year out the wii is a secondary console. now before you flame me, dont take it offensive unless your last name is Miyamoto. the wii has great games that are sure to come (since sales are out of the roof) but developers are all in the middle of developing for the 360 and ps3 for the holiday season. developing a game takes time and these people arent going to build up a next gen graphic power house AAA game just to port it over to another console with such lower specs and motion controls. this is also why you see devs porting 360 games to ps3, they are similar so its easy.
    enough with talking and talking

My Verdict: Keep the Wii, you have to give developers time to see what they want to do with it, BUT, in the meantime do yourself a favor and buy a 360 or PS3. Keep the Wii to play the killer apps and the 360/PS3 to play its killer apps. Youll have a library of killer apps covering most consoles, its the best solution.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    Here's what I don't understand;

People keep complaining about Nintendo not coming up with any new franchises. I must name a few to contradict the theory:

Trauma Center
    Rayman: Raving Rabbids
    Phoenix Wright
    Pikmin
    Brain Age/Bigt Brain Academy (Whether you like it or not)

I mean, these games ALL have sequels and have nothing to do with Mario, Zelda or Metroid. Just because people don't care for the new games Ninty is putting out doesn't mean they're not coming up with new franchises. They're just not coming out with new blood/gore/gun/sword/car games. They're actually doing something different.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by masterjedi

People keep complaining about Nintendo not coming up with any new franchises. I must name a few to contradict the theory:

Trauma Center
    Phoenix Wright
    Pikmin

I mean, these games ALL have sequels and have nothing to do with Mario, Zelda or Metroid. Just because people don't care for the new games Ninty is putting out doesn't mean they're not coming up with new franchises. They're just not coming out with new blood/gore/gun/sword/car games. They're actually doing something different.
    Very true & I will say once again , the Wii will set a standard for the next gen systems to come , even though it isnt the graphic power house . In 100 years time when we all have hollow decks and the history channel runs some documentary on the history of the hollow deck the Wii will be seen as one of the stepping stones of such a thing in mass homes .Nintendo , when they want to , can think outside the box with the best of them .
    On a side note didnt Nintendo start out after ww2 making playing cards ??

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by masterjedi

Trauma Center
    Phoenix Wright
    Pikmin

yes but they have no new games that define the wii. it needs a killer app exclusive for the wii and made just for the wii. so far it has none. ps3 has resistance, warhawk, and lair. 360 has bioshock, gears of war, too human (some others, bioshock is on pc right now but its advertised for 360 first, pc second, idk count it if you want)

nintendo i believe was around sinec the late 1800s and i dont think it made playing cards, just some type of cards... [not so sure]

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    Dont sell your wii, just buy a 360 or do something else till they come out with good games. 360 is way better than wii right now but later it'll change.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    it needs a killer app exclusive for the wii and made just for the wii. so far it has none. ps3 has resistance, warhawk, and lair. 360 has bioshock, gears of war, too human (some others, bioshock is on pc right now but its advertised for 360 first, pc second, idk count it if you want)
    Very good and very true points . Given the amount of Wii's sold the indrasty / market will demand such games for the Wii , or at least I hope . Given Nintendo's experience and know how I am betting they do .
    I must say though Bioshock looks SWEET !

Member #
    Friends
    build a computer. every xbox game is on computer and looks better, plus its free online play. ok, so gears of war isnt on the pc (just wait) but bioshock is. and who would buy a ps3 right now, there are no games.

and seriously it cost $60 bucks to get bioshock on the xbox, while its only $50 for the PC (and looks better).

Wii + PC = best choice out of all.

Ads