LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Motion sensing ruin games?

I just finished playing 18 holes of Tiger woods 08 and it is absolutely terrible. I think that motion sensing has ruind this game and this may happen to other really good games. Thoughts?

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    imagine playing UT3 on the wii. LOL!!!

I cant even play it well on a controller, its to fast paced. I need a mouse/keyboard to actually do well.

6ix
    Member #
    Friends
    Wow I thought for sure Golf games would be a blast for that crowd. I personally don't really like Golf but I thought the motion sensing definitely enhances the experience in Wii Golf.

But to answer your question I think Motion sensing has a fair chance of ruining on ports, it seems only EA and RE:4 have nailed it so far, but other ports seem to throw in random motion sense gestures at the last second making the games either bad or very gimmicky.

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Meh, some games look good.
    Depends on the type, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it ruins games.
    Look at MP3, and some other new games.

Even the games not made by Nintendo, in most cases, its the gameplay or game itself that is bad, the controls tend to make up for it.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    I think in a game like tiger woods you want the finesse to make those good swings. With the wiimote it becomse a question of Hard, less hard, slow and really slow instead of accurate timing when to swing with the push of a button.
    Tip of the day:
    A big mistake a lot of you make is that wiiware games will be free.

Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I think it definitely depends on the game. Something like Tiger Woods, I think it makes it better to be honest, but only as long as they get the controls right, and they work as you would expect them to. The same goes for some other games, like RE4, Corruption, and just shooting games in general - but again, as long as they get the controls right.

There are some games that will be ruined by motion controls though, I can't think of any off the top of my head but there are bound to be some, as it would be hard to implement motion controls into the game effectively. This may be the case with Fifa 08, but we'll just have to wait and see.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    5207-2685-9420-8549
    I think motion control will enhance more games then it ruins if proper time is taken to perfect the controls before shipment. If a game seriously can't be developed for the Wii Remote, it should be designed to play with the GC controller/classic controller.

Member #
    Friends
    4103-3191-5795-3127
    I wouldn't say motion sensing is ruining games, but it can be over done.

Wii Sports, Red Steel (27%), Zelda : Twilight Princess (Forest Temple), Resident Evil 4 : Wii Edition (3-1), Trauma Center : Second Opinion (Ch2 1), Super Paper Mario (Ch 3-1), Mario Strikers Charged Football, MoH Heroes 2

Member #
    Friends
    I think Tiger Woods 08 is fun with the wiimote. It feels good and you have to be consistent in your form. Yes I could flic the remote and get similar results but it's harder to control the draw/fade.

The problem I have with TW 08 is that it's not like MS Links way back in, what, 1996?

Member #
    Friends
    I like it but as soon as I got the wii I wished that it was optional. Use the sensor/motion or if you want just an controller.

Ads