LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Why does Europe always get the shaft?

I really really want to know. I was already mad about Paper Mario and Trauma Center but seeing Bleach Shattered Blade scheduled for release in USA in October 2007 and in Europe at March 2008 (this is not certain but for sure is in 2008) makes me want to smash my Wii.
    And don't get me started on the cost of the games.
    It almost seems like Nintendo wants Europeans to mod.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    I understand where you are coming from. I have also thought about it so many times as well, but I guess thats just the way life is. At least we get the games in the end. Its better late than never.
    Last edited by Byuakuya; 09-06-2007 at 06:27 AM.

The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee

PSN ID: Byuakuya

Member #
    Friends
    It's always been like that. We pay more money for games, we wait longer, and that's if we're lucky enough to see them at all. Alright, I'll admit translating a game into various European languages can take a little while, but I doubt it took five months to translate Super Paper Mario. Microsoft can usually give us a European release within two weeks after America, which I would say proves Nintendo just aren't trying.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Nintendo has it main area targets as Asia and America, those get the most sales
    and are the main targets for Nintendo. They could try harder for I understand some games coming late because of having to translate into all the European languages and such but it is just the way it works, we may get it late and expensive but it is just how it is sadly.

$30 for a average wii game?

30 for a average wii game which is roughly around $58...

It all is down to economy and such to the prices but for the release date it is down to the company's own reasoning.

Member #
    Friends
    4103-3191-5795-3127
    The Wii games aren't any more expensive (forget USA) than games have been since the Playstation. We got Mario Strikers first and there will probably be games released in Europe before the US in the future too.

Wii Sports, Red Steel (27%), Zelda : Twilight Princess (Forest Temple), Resident Evil 4 : Wii Edition (3-1), Trauma Center : Second Opinion (Ch2 1), Super Paper Mario (Ch 3-1), Mario Strikers Charged Football, MoH Heroes 2

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc
    The Wii games aren't any more expensive (forget USA) than games have been since the Playstation.
    True, but given we're paying more than double what our American cousins are paying, I still can't help but feel ripped-off.

We got Mario Strikers first and there will probably be games released in Europe before the US in the future too.
    I'm betting that's the exception rather than the rule. Footie is more popular here than in the US, so naturally Nintendo would push for a quick release here. But when it comes to the games that really matter (e.g. Metroid Prime 3) guess who's left waiting? Hint- it's not the Americans.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    uhu. With the important games ( any game from now on ) they will release it in the USA first.

And I didnt knew the games where that much cheaper overthere. Even if you count the value of the dollar compaired to youre own coin?
    Tip of the day:
    A big mistake a lot of you make is that wiiware games will be free.

Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

JT.
    Member #
    Friends
    We're Nintendo's extra income... The ones they could do without. They don't care about Europe, and it's time we faced it!

Signature under construction

"Life's a game", and I lost the manual...

Member #
    Friends
    So we pay more money for games, we wait longer, and that's if we're lucky enough to see them at all as napalmbrain (very correctly) said because of the smaller sales volume in Europe.
    I mean, if that's not respect for the customer then what is?

Member #
    Friends
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    They dont care. Its a business. Businesses only want to make money, instead of what they want you to believe.

They dont care about you unless you are the bigger market.
    Tip of the day:
    A big mistake a lot of you make is that wiiware games will be free.

Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

Ads