Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    d_k
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7162-8575-3268-1906
    well nintendo is not that very original like the ds was made from an idea from the game hey u pickachu i think u had a mic and u could talk to pika or somthing like that and they made a handheld that had that feature and there were also alot of systems that worked the same way as the wii does but just had like normal sports not the whole nintendo franchise but if were to expect somthing like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayBMe5AvwhI

YEAA IM A

▄█▀ █▄ █▄█ ▀█▀

DONT GOT A PROBLEM RITEE?

PROUD BBERRY OWNER

LETS GO SKINNY DIPPING =]

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    2808-0927-1557-0457
    Umm I'm pretty sure the idea of the ds did not come from hey you pikachu...no way in hell

Brawl Friend Code
    2406-4799-0198
    If you add me make sure you PM me so we can play

Member #
    Friends
    3599-7437-7191-4055
    the next system is going to have real live people eating cheese

Noblet: You're new here, so let me lay it down for you. I run a pretty tight ship around here. Thats why the student call me "the hammer".
    Orlando: We don't call you that.
    Noblet: Shut up.

Jellineck: If you're going to smoke Marijuana, be prepared to spend a lot of time laughing with your friends.... think about it.

MSC: 219150 113926 PM me if you add me

They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinphil
    the next system is going to have real live people eating cheese
    Damn drunks...

As for the next system, I am no expert, but I suspect it will be 5-7 years away and will have much improved graphics as well as processing in general, but who knows if they'll stay with the motion controls or not, they're a success now, but how long before people starting getting tired of it?

Member #
    Friends
    I can't say what the next gen consoles will be like, but I think it is safe to say that some form of the current control system will be included.

I also think that the other consoles will try to come up with their own versions.

The reason this new control system works and will be used in the future is, immersion.

The holy grail of gaming is immersion, getting the gamer lost in the game.

Why else to you see everyone trying to eliminate load screens, reduce load times and try to create more intuitive controls?

They all distract from the game experience and get in the way of immersion.

Combine the fact that the Wii controls are so easy to grasp, even for the casual gamer, and that the controls make you feel more of a part of the action and it's obvious why the Wii is so successful.

I look forward to see who is going to push the Wii control scheme to the limits and what the next iteration of consoles hold.

Member #
    Friends
    maybe it will be a hybrid of motion controls, and normal controls? like, some games have the option, or some are just motion while some arent? it would be a smart move to do that. somethign for everybody, and of course all your cool extras like the web browser, HD DVD (or blu-ray, whichever wins the format war) etc.

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Member #
    Friends
    Online play will expand of course hopefully with permanent communities that exist in the Wii world as well as in the games. Mii world where you can congregate and explore. Imagine little villages centered around multiplayer games like metroid prime 4. Outside the game everyone could discuss it, watch little videos of recorded gameplay, and check out what people are doing with the game. People could leave their mark somehow in the game village through structures, artwork or even user-created mini-games.

I could spend hours 'walking' around checking out games that I've never played before. Maybe some demos would be available but you could judge the game a little by the type of crowd it draws and the amount of user created paraphernalia existed. Wouldn't it be fun to walk up to 'video walls' of game play for games you weren't sure you would like?

Like the other consoles the processing power must increase but I'm not talking about graphics. AI, physics and ??? processing will expand as game 'worlds' become more complex. So much time is spent working on environments that it's really a shame to waste that on relatively simplistic kill routines.

The controller system will definitely continue but with a lot of tweaking. I imagine ankle devices and maybe even lightweight motion sensing outer ear pieces to partially replace the pointer by checking head position. I'm sure Nintendo is studying the way that disabled people are added by technology.

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    The next system Nintendo works on will support VC and carry over our VC accounts. That was the only thing Nintendo mentioned on their next system. The rest is a mystery. It will probably be as powerful as the PS3, because by that time that technology will be dirt cheap.

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    glitch, double post.

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    I think its safe to say the graphics will be a big improvement for sure.
    I see them sticking with the motion control, and being a lot bigger than the Wii was. Really though its hard to say and make predictions, because honestly after the Gamecube, I was not expecting their next console to be what the Wii is now.

However, I feel that within 2 years, there will be a Wii 2, or something that is simply an upgrade, one with DVD, and ultimately has a drive, not just limited memory.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Ads