LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    Watch the prior E3 videos. I remember when Sony showed off the original PS3. The one with all the ports(controller and memory cards), and a so-called rumored built in Blue Ray burner. Now that would have been worth $500. These videos can be found on gamespot.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by f1982
    But definitely- this is what we really want for the next Wii!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayBMe5AvwhI

Unlikely, but possible.
    wow..that video is.. so well made. almost beleivable. id so play that lol

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarogan
    I hope not, I hated it when they released the DS Lite and I had just bought a normal DS.

I hope they make a usb hard-drive for it, or something, and about dvd, I don't really care about it, that's why I have my dvd player next to my Wii.
    Yes that is the case for a lot of people, dvd nearby, but many would like to have it all in one thing, the convenience factor. I am not saying thats what I want, but simply what I think will happen.

A hard-drive would be nice.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    5431-1607-7668-3461
    I don't really see the need for a hard drive, for me anyway, but...
    "My Pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my Charizard."

XBOX 360, PlayStation 3 and Nintendo Wii owner.

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by austinAlan
    It's not a prototype. The Wii is absolutely not a prototype. Nintendo's philosophy is to build a gaming system that is fun, affordable and profitable. That cannot be said of the other two consoles. The other consoles are trying to create a system that is compelling, i.e. a must have system.

Nintendo will not try to compete with these other systems on graphical power or processing power because it strains the costs of production too much. I think that's the lesson they have learned. They know they do have to have something truly fun to add.
    Yes, and they will master that process by learning from their mistakes with the wii.

It can be argued that anything that is new and isn't of normality is a prototype, simply because the next addition will be even better. Nintendo is learning lessons with the wii because it is so different, which is something I cannot say they did with the N64 or Gamecube.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetAWii
    Yes that is the case for a lot of people, dvd nearby, but many would like to have it all in one thing, the convenience factor. I am not saying thats what I want, but simply what I think will happen.

A hard-drive would be nice.
    I agree many would be happy to have built in DVD, but you have to think that a lot of Wii owners might also own a PS2/PS3 or an XBOX/XBOX 360 which have this capability already. So do they really need to do it? I don't think so, but they will because of the people who only own the Wii or have the Wii in a room away from their other systems which I realize is going to happen.

I have an external hard drive already, with USB connection and I believe it would be amazing if they could somehow release an update which allows the use of it. (Forgive me if it is capable of doing this already, if so I had not heard of it working)

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by blueovalboy7
    I agree many would be happy to have built in DVD, but you have to think that a lot of Wii owners might also own a PS2/PS3 or an XBOX/XBOX 360 which have this capability already. So do they really need to do it? I don't think so, but they will because of the people who only own the Wii or have the Wii in a room away from their other systems which I realize is going to happen.

I have an external hard drive already, with USB connection and I believe it would be amazing if they could somehow release an update which allows the use of it. (Forgive me if it is capable of doing this already, if so I had not heard of it working)
    What you said about people already having a DVD player is totally true. This to me is such a non-issue with the Wii. In fact, Nintendo is SMART for not including DVD playback functionality. Why? Well that might over tax the Wii motors and cause premature failures. Let the DVD players with all their optimization for video playback handle that.

I also agree that the USB connection should be enhanced for harddrives and other uses.

Official Metroid Breeder Zarogan's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5460-1571-7458-7185
    I'd be happy if they just release an update that lets the wii read and write directly from the sd cards. I still don't understand why can't I load save files from my sd.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    8708-0606-0103-6580
    Quote Originally Posted by SensesFail
    well im no expert on console life but i heard that teh ps3/360 will be around for that long, so i figured the Wii would be as well. i mean, you cant just have a system like the 360 around for 4 or 5 years, its already been out for around 2, are you telling me its life is half over?
    Systems come out every 5 or 6 years like clockwork. Never ever would they wait 8 years. The 360 might push 6, so all three new systems (and whoever else decides to enter the race, like Samsung) can come out in 2011.

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Quote Originally Posted by blueovalboy7

Yeah thats true, but if they were to release both version's still one with DVD and one without, it wouldn't really be a problem. That way people can buy one if they would like one with DVD. And the thing with the older system's like the ps2, with a combination of the Wii having ps2 ports and with it having its own games, if a DVD were to be included I would not see the real need to play the ps2 anymore, although it will still happen I guess. It's complicated really, but all I am saying is, it would not be that bad of an idea if they did it.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Ads