Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5431-1607-7668-3461

The future - what's next?

Anyone have any predictions when Nintendo will release another console and the Wii will just be another Gamecube? What do you think the next console will feature? I'd imagine they'd keep motion controls but enhance the power of the system to keep up with the current generation or something. It would have to feature something new to sell as well as the Wii did; and what about virtual console purchases?

Any predictions welcome.
    "My Pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my Charizard."

XBOX 360, PlayStation 3 and Nintendo Wii owner.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Next up on Nintendo plate: The Virtual Boy 2!

I can see the commercials now: Virtual Boy 2: no longer causes your eyes to implode!

CU Guild For Life! :DDD WiiWouldLike2Play's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2881-3576-4343-5770
    That's crazy! I can't imagine what Nintendo is doing next ..

_December 19th, o8`_
    My amazing Games
    CounterStrike || Left 4 Dead || World of Warcraft: Lich King.
    Steam ID: APPLExCHiCk
    Wanna play CounterStrike/Left4Dead? Hit me up (:
    WoW - Realm/Vashj || Character/Zaduka || Horde, ftw!
    Status - O_o Just got back guys. Nice to see you all again!

Member #
    Friends
    5431-1607-7668-3461
    Umm... not the answers I was expecting, but okay...
    "My Pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my Charizard."

XBOX 360, PlayStation 3 and Nintendo Wii owner.

Member #
    Friends
    well, i think their next system will keep up with the graphics of the current gen. as for when, ten 8-10 years sounds reasonable. as for Virtual Boy 2, eff that lol!

theres no telling what they will incorporate into next gen systems. absolutely no way to predict what type of technology will be available or whats even going to happen with this gen of consoles, people might get totally bored of motion controls over the next five years and decide graphics IS teh way to go.

im sad ill only be around for another 2-3 generations of gaming consoles. id like to see what gaming will be in 100 years.

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by SensesFail
    well, i think their next system will keep up with the graphics of the current gen. as for when, ten 8-10 years sounds reasonable. as for Virtual Boy 2, eff that lol!

theres no telling what they will incorporate into next gen systems. absolutely no way to predict what type of technology will be available or whats even going to happen with this gen of consoles, people might get totally bored of motion controls over the next five years and decide graphics IS teh way to go.

im sad ill only be around for another 2-3 generations of gaming consoles. id like to see what gaming will be in 100 years.
    8 to 10 years for their next system?

Try 4 or 5 years.

I don't really know what to expect from Nintendo next, they always seemingly have something up their sleeve. I honestly don't think it will be another gamecube though. I just don't think it will happen.

Member #
    Friends
    well im no expert on console life but i heard that teh ps3/360 will be around for that long, so i figured the Wii would be as well. i mean, you cant just have a system like the 360 around for 4 or 5 years, its already been out for around 2, are you telling me its life is half over?

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Member #
    Friends
    3599-7437-7191-4055
    trees may possiulby evlove nuclear weapons....i propose a toast

Noblet: You're new here, so let me lay it down for you. I run a pretty tight ship around here. Thats why the student call me "the hammer".
    Orlando: We don't call you that.
    Noblet: Shut up.

Jellineck: If you're going to smoke Marijuana, be prepared to spend a lot of time laughing with your friends.... think about it.

MSC: 219150 113926 PM me if you add me

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by SensesFail
    well im no expert on console life but i heard that teh ps3/360 will be around for that long, so i figured the Wii would be as well. i mean, you cant just have a system like the 360 around for 4 or 5 years, its already been out for around 2, are you telling me its life is half over?
    Pretty much. Consoles usually stay around between five and six years until a new one comes out.

N64-1996
    Gamecube-2001
    Wii-2006

Xbox-2001
    Xbox 360-2005

Ps1-1995
    Ps2-2000
    Ps3-2006

So it's a range from from 4-6 years. I mean, it's possible that the 360 or PS3 will still be up and running during their seventh and eighth year, it's quite possible looking at the hardware of both of those two. For the Wii though, it just doesn't seem like one of those systems that'll be around that long.

Member #
    Friends
    2808-0927-1557-0457
    So we safely expect a new nintndo system by 2011 then, or at least news of one...probably here about it during 2009 or 10 E3, can't wait

Brawl Friend Code
    2406-4799-0198
    If you add me make sure you PM me so we can play

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads