+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Sleeping. Do not disturb. Kherrek508's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0215-4972-1267-8022
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofspades
    as we all know, the dreamcast was a flop. and if you compare it to the new wii youll notice that they aint so different. dreamcast focused on the younger crowds, tried to create bizarre games. but it just didnt work out. the ps2 came out and muscled it down to a third party half assed game creating company. now i know that they are trying to bring a new crowd to video games, like old ladies and shit...lol. but lets face it they dont play video games for a reason. with the video game fanbase averaging at higher ages then it used to, game systems focused on teen to mature games are definately gonna succeed better then a platform with high quality amature games with garbage or dimmed down from its original quality adult games. you dont see a 17 year old sittin on his lazy ass all day playing mario party.
    you see him smokin a joint talkin trash and poppin off heads on call of duty.
    besides 90 percent of those zelda fans are now too old and not interested in it anymore. nintendo the next sega?? i think so.... what about you?
    PS3= Dreamcast
    Wii= N64
    Xbox= PS

Member #
    Friends
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    Well, the main thing it terms of sales for the wii atleast is that it will apeal in all 3 target locations. Europe, Japan, and the U.S. The ps3 may have some trouble with Europe due to the delay and the lawsuits with lik-sang(which i for one to still not understand) and besides these new Blue Dragon bundles the 360 looks as if it will die in Japan. But the wii will be in all 3 places right away.
    Also, when it comes the those people that havn't played zelda in 20 years, well they can now with the virtual console. I personally missed the nes, as my first console was the snes, so i will be all over those.

Plus, im not sure if someone stated this earlier or not but with the 360 getting a ps1 exclusive on xboxlivearcade earlier in the year there is a chance that if the wii even takes in early lead (which is really a guarentee with such a heavy outnumbering of consoles compared to the ps3) many developers of those games may really want them shipped over to the dream cast to make some nice cash. So, i could see the ps1, n64, every sega system and such all shipped to the virtual console during its life time. Nintendo could find a way of getting every console ever, excluding last-gen, on the wii. So, let's watch wii domination

So, for me anyway, there is no way the wii goes the way of the dreamcast

Thanks Star Striker for the sig.

Support the Third Parties!
    Buy Zack and Wiki
    and
    No More Heroes

Joe
    Member #
    Friends
    5856-5939-3035-0479
    Ahh not at all!!!
    Nintendo was long around before Sega.....Nintendo has much more....talent....
    ....What I mean to say is HELL NO!
    Nintendo is way to smart to end up in Sega's position!
    Last edited by Joe; 10-25-2006 at 11:11 PM.

Member #
    Perth, Western Australia, most isolated capital in the world, oyeah :P
    Friends
    4149-4465-6987-2962
    Any market predictions I have seen are all merely statistical, based off sales figures of the GameCube and N64. What's important to remember is they're not based off the actual level of interest the console has generated.

I don't believe the thread starter is a Sony fanboy, he is too objective, as Sony fanboys are usually characterised by their groundless flaming. He is stating his opinion as we are. He thinks it won't do well based on certain observations he has made. I think it will do fantastically based off observations I have made. Only time will tell who saw things the right way, my friends.
    My Friend Codes
    Mario Kart DS FC: 0558-9898-2921
    Metroid Prime Hunters FC: 1031-5066-6884
    StarFox Command FC: 8876-5756-1834

Give Ez some lovin! Rep me with the green mushy if you like my post!

Member #
    Friends
    i think the 360 is similiar to the dreamcast' actions...in the fact that...it was launched...TOO EARLY!
    ....gotta take a wii

Nintendo Wii: $200-$250
    Balance on my account: $0.67
    Overdraft fee: $30.00
    Total: PRICLESS

Joe
    Member #
    Friends
    5856-5939-3035-0479
    yah we should me talking smack about other systems.....shouldn't we?

Member #
    Friends

Not quite . . .

Quote Originally Posted by kingofspades
    this system wont survive on the faith of hardcore geeks, and that about sums up most of your comments. a hardcore nintendo fan trying to turn a cold shoulder on all of the facts, and having too much faith in a company thats destined for a downfall. kinda common among nintendo. see yall lata, im goin to have a smoke and play some call of duty hahaha.
    I'm so sure about your arguments. I suppose you're a Sony or Microsoft fan and feel threatened by the Wii? You should. Sony is trying everything from emulation to grouping its console with the Wii (as Microsoft did first) to nullify the Wii's popularity. There is a saturation point. Most Wii owners don't want two consoles. Sony won't sink . . . but it could get a huge black eye. It could splinter into many smaller companies, rather than stay a conglomerate.

If you don't like the Wii, don't buy and play it. Also, for your information, I'm not a hard core gamer (geek). I haven't owned all the Nintendo systems. I haven't played consoles since PS2 . . . which I played once or twice before shelving. The last time I played a console more than once or twice was the SNES.

I'm 30 years old. The Wii looks amazing to me. I also love the memories I have of past game play experience with the Nintendo systems. Nostalgia is a strong thing.

My generation has been waiting for Virtual Reality for a long time. It was promised to be main stream by now. It's not. The Wii takes a step in that direction.

We aren't against you. I'm not. I just know what I see clearly and objectively.
    Last edited by JeremyDay; 11-16-2006 at 10:00 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by in touch with the wii
    look man there are gonna be like 18+ on the wii there are games that are meant for everyone and nintendo is not gonna be the next sega they always beat them in the consle wars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i no alot of zelda fans that played every game since the start so stupid sony fanboy

hey, he makes a fair point, i hope all consoles do well, but we all know thats not gonna happen (so i hope ps3 doesnt do well coz thats the only one im not getting)

I hate Photobucket

Member #
    Friends
    you are wrong in so many ways, unfortunatly mature games do not attract a mature audience.

I guarantee you every person crying out for more mature games are all teens or pre teens themselves.

I am an older gamer I opt for the Wii for one reason only and that is Nintendos constant commitment to the philosophy of gameplay over graphics.

This is what the Wii is about. Every single person who wants it to be other wise should buy a PS3 as this is truly the machine for kids with your mindless gore and swearing, over anything more deep than the pond in my back garden!
    Next there will be a big hoopla about how the Wii isn't actually fun to play, as the funomoter2000 wasn't included in the hardware, Nintendo were lying to us this whole time and we weren't having 'real' fun it was all fake and tacky fun.
    proud member of -No External Links username: FedEx

Member #
    Friends
    Personally i think King of spades is being criticized for his opinion, he's allowed on this board but he doesent have to like the wii+ maybe he'll even like the wii when it comes out because he took the trouble to become a user
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I'm a proud member of the Online Campaign for Real English. If you believe in capital letters, correct spelling and good sentence structure, then copy this into your signature.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Ads