Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2889-0567-4141-1338
    i bought most of my games off ebay ....never had a problem

grrrrrrrr so its u guys that keep outbidding me for strikers ....*shakes fist*

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    i would sell my strikers to you But i love it to much lol

PSN daviduk2000

Gamertag daviduk2000

Member #
    Friends
    2889-0567-4141-1338
    well thanks a lot for letting me know grrr

Member #
    Friends
    There's nothing wrong with buying second hand. As long as you trust the retailer and know your rights you should be fine. I'm not an Ebay user though (I'd rather just buy a game straight away than having to bid for it), so I don't know how reliable they are.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    4103-3191-5795-3127
    I bought Red Steel brand new and sealed off eBay for £15, and got Zelda sealed for £20.

Wii Sports, Red Steel (27%), Zelda : Twilight Princess (Forest Temple), Resident Evil 4 : Wii Edition (3-1), Trauma Center : Second Opinion (Ch2 1), Super Paper Mario (Ch 3-1), Mario Strikers Charged Football, MoH Heroes 2

Member #
    Friends
    0999-0322-0469-1717
    Just check if the user has positive feedback. 90% are the good ones.
    Wii stuff: Modded Wii, 2 wiimotes and nunchucks, 2 gamecube controllers
    Wii games: Wii Sports, Strikers, Rampage, WarioWare, Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime 3, Super Paper Mario, Mario Party 8

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I think if you limit yourself to people who only have 100+ feedback or 100% positive, you're severely (and unnecessarily) limiting yourself.

I've been buying & selling on eBay for 8 years, but I don't do a ton. I'm just approaching 60 feedback. I had one loser who gave me negative feedback after I gave him neutral, accusing me of "maliciously leaving neutral feedback", as if there's anything malicious about neutral (I did it because he charged a ridiculous amount of shipping for what amounted to a 39-cent stamp, and took FOREVER to mail it out). So as a result of that one negative mark, I'm at 98.3%. I take my auctions very seriously though... pay fast when I buy, ship fast via UPS w/ tracking #s and the whole deal when I ship. And I've gotten lots of comments on my fine packing skills.

There are douchebags on eBay, but don't judge someone solely by their feedback score. Look into it more before you write them off... the person to avoid might be the jerk who left them the negative feedback, not them themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    That's completely understandable. I don't understand how one seller can charge $8.00 to ship a game while a different seller will only charge $3.00 to ship?

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Sellers pad the shipping since they don't pay eBay fees based on the shipping cost, only the sell price. So you might have a game that sells for $35 with $5 shipping, and another that sells for $20 with $20 shipping. The latter pays much lower final auction fees.

It's still slimey, though. I use the automatic shipping calc. That way I'm not screwed over taking a risk on some flat-rate shipping amount, and also the buyer doesn't feel like they're getting scammed on shipping costs. It also allows me to offer multiple shipping methods and the buyer can just choose which one they want when they pay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    Personally, I think that eBay is another term for Scamsville. I have never bought anything from that site, but I know of friends who have had very bad experiences in the past, so I would avoid that site at all costs.

The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee

PSN ID: Byuakuya

Ads