Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Quote Originally Posted by Trulen
    Actually, I don't really think that they have.

The people who gave them their success are in their 30's and 40's most probably.

So Nintendo is designing older-people-friendly games.

Neither of my parents can go and play Zelda TP (Or any Zelda since A Link to the Past), but do enjoy a good game of Wii bowling.

And I think they have every right ;x
    With what, most people abandoning the gamecube and going to other means of sources.

Still, the people who grew up with the NES, SNES, and N64. They probably got a gamecube if any of the consoles.

So, no. I don't think Nintendo has forgotten the people who've given them success.

Otherwise, this is another, "I want Xbox/Playstation-type games" thread.
    Yeah and no to mention the Virtual Console which allows those older gamers to play the stuff in their glory days. Unless that was what you were getting at.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends

I think Nintendo Has Sadly forgotten... or maybe......

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu256
    Hello Fellow Gamers, This is just a discussion thread, but I would like to ask you has Nintendo Forgotten the people who helped them to achieve their success?
    Right now I think Nintendo at a great spot in the gaming industry, but so far they have been making games that we don't expect. Like Super Smash Bros Brawl, after that comes out what other games do we expect? They are making more of a family mini-game than the games that people want to see. Whats the Future of Nintendo some Action games and Mostly family games?

In Conclusion, Do you think that Nintendo has let you down? Whats future in Nintendo lies after SSBB (Except family games)?
    I think nintendo needs to remember the roots of gamers because their gonna lose some people that sticked with them since the NES or GCN because of all the family oriented games. they really and i mean REALLY have to stop with the friendcode system its so annoying trying to get online with friends. even (i hate to say it) PSN is doing better than WFC if Nintendo really cares about their gamers who helped them then

1) get rid of the crappy friend codes
    2) follow the example that Live and (sadly) the PSN network and ditch Wi-fi
    3) start making games that are too short and make a normal sized game.

now im no microsoft or sony fanboy or nintendo fanboy. I just think that when its the appropiate time to point the mistakes from consoles i just do it. i like nintendo and all but the friend code system is annoying. (btw i dont have a wii ill be getting one soon)
    Hey everyone it's me MRCOOLGH its been forever and a half since I came back on in fact its been at least a year and a half since I was here. Last time I visited Wiichat was 02-26-2008 and I'm gald to be back everyone!

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by MRCOOLGH
    I think nintendo needs to remember the roots of gamers because their gonna lose some people that sticked with them since the NES or GCN because of all the family oriented games. they really and i mean REALLY have to stop with the friendcode system its so annoying trying to get online with friends. even (i hate to say it) PSN is doing better than WFC if Nintendo really cares about their gamers who helped them then

1) get rid of the crappy friend codes
    2) follow the example that Live and (sadly) the PSN network and ditch Wi-fi
    3) start making games that are too short and make a normal sized game.

now im no microsoft or sony fanboy or nintendo fanboy. I just think that when its the appropiate time to point the mistakes from consoles i just do it. i like nintendo and all but the friend code system is annoying. (btw i dont have a wii ill be getting one soon)
    1. FC's are perfectly fine. What's the difference between having to enter a FC and a username? You only have to enter it once and its done.
    2. Oh boo, hoo. Buy yourself an XB. Personally, I would rather play SSBB with shitty online than Halo 3 with god-like online.
    3. This doesn't even make sense. You want them to make shorter games?

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Wiichats Idiot Identifier balrogs.pa's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0588-9206-9468-1123
    lol i think he ment make a longer ''real'' game. and wi-fi is probably the best internet. why the hell would you want to pay 60 dollars per year for internet when you already have it?!
    Mario Kart DS 438194819390
    People i respect on this forum: Atomic,Santa Claws,Frogger,Cyan,Levesque, Balrogs.pain, Shoko, MushroomedMario, sremick
    I make my avatars/signatures!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    5574-4537-7049-7984
    All I can say is don't throw a hissy fit just yet. The Wii has only been out for about a year so it's hard to say if Nintendo has abandoned their core fanbase. I would start to complain later on if we get releases like Warioware anthology and Wii versions of classic board games. If that's the case, then Nintendo should sell of their franchises to someone who would make better use of them.

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Think of it this way:

The XB 360 was released a year before Wii, yet Halo 3 was released just 2 months before SSB Brawl.

Ninty Pwns!

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    agreed with the 2nd poster, i'm almost as excited about Medal of Honor as i am with ssbb. I'm gonna miss out on Halo but 360 won't be able to play a shooting game as interactive as the one on the wii. (plus it's only one player, friends can't mooch off me but i can play Halo 3 with them!)

formerly known as wii-fi

Member #
    Friends

Better games indeed

We need to some more games that are, well in my personal opinon RPG, ACTION, maybe some first person shooting games. So yes in a way they have let us down in a way. But I will say this I love the Wii sports, that was a awesome addition to thier line of games. peace
    Danteles

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    Nintendo and Valve have teamed up to make more software exclusive to the Wii. In the next few years a lot of developers will jump onto the Wii for 1 major reason. The development costs to make a Wii game are anywhere from $20 million to $5 million LESS. An average PS3 game costs over $20 million to make. That's double of what the norm was for last gen consoles.

If your $5 million investment flops, it's much easier to take than a $20 million one. The bonus with the 360 is you can port to the PC, so Microsoft also has their own market.

Member #
    Friends
    3525-6550-4927-2893
    I was on Amazon this morning and saw that Final Fantasy will soon be coming to Wii.

Ads