Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6326-5849-8725-8414
    wii doesnt need hdmi because its not about the graphics

Member #
    Friends
    ^so s-video isnt much of an improvement over standard and people still do it...its just the fact that some people need it to play it at all...im surprised that no third party has made one yet....

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by d4mahern
    ^so s-video isnt much of an improvement over standard and people still do it...its just the fact that some people need it to play it at all...im surprised that no third party has made one yet....
    Wrong. When I switched to S-Video from standard composite on my 36" TV there was a huge improvement. My TV has both so I don't have to use S-Video, but I use it because it's a lot better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sremick
    Wrong. When I switched to S-Video from standard composite on my 36" TV there was a huge improvement. My TV has both so I don't have to use S-Video, but I use it because it's a lot better.
    Really? I didnt really notice a difference when i switched to s-video on my ps2...

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by d4mahern
    Really? I didnt really notice a difference when i switched to s-video on my ps2...
    What size TV did you have? The smaller the TV, the less-noticeable the difference.
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

G'd up from the feet up Digitalldj's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    4877-3781-9603-3455
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknroll4eva
    wii doesnt need hdmi because its not about the graphics
    thanks for reading the rest of the thread

it's not about graphics, it's about the ease of having 1 common input which nearly all new TV's and receivers are using as their primary video/audio input, regardless of quality

that triple switcher thing looks interesting, but again it's component :P

oh well..i'm going to look at my options for a 40 foot component cable that i could perhaps run alongside the HDMI for my projector, although since we didnt realize we were going with a projector in the beggning, the cables are ran along the roof and behind the screen, which will look even uglier with a thick ass component cable running alongside
    Princess diana you were like a banana slipped on a peel went through the stearing wheel

Are Wii having fun yet? spcmanspif's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sremick
    When you say "standard composite", do you mean yellow/red/white RCA inputs or red/green/blue/red/white inputs? IIRC, red/green/blue composite inputs are better than S-Video.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by spcmanspif
    When you say "standard composite", do you mean yellow/red/white RCA inputs or red/green/blue/red/white inputs? IIRC, red/green/blue composite inputs are better than S-Video.
    That's component, not composite. I was referring to composite (single RCA connector for video), not component (3 RCA connectors for video).

Ads