LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    WiiChat Member rocknroll4eva's Avatar
    Member #
    1021
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    174
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6326-5849-8725-8414
    wii doesnt need hdmi because its not about the graphics

  2. #12
    Detroit Lions 2-1 d4mahern's Avatar
    Member #
    33371
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Kalamazoo (No, seriously...)
    Posts
    99
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    ^so s-video isnt much of an improvement over standard and people still do it...its just the fact that some people need it to play it at all...im surprised that no third party has made one yet....

  3. #13
    Got lifeboat? sremick's Avatar
    Member #
    27061
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vermont, USA
    Posts
    1,130
    Friends
    25
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by d4mahern
    ^so s-video isnt much of an improvement over standard and people still do it...its just the fact that some people need it to play it at all...im surprised that no third party has made one yet....
    Wrong. When I switched to S-Video from standard composite on my 36" TV there was a huge improvement. My TV has both so I don't have to use S-Video, but I use it because it's a lot better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

  4. #14
    Detroit Lions 2-1 d4mahern's Avatar
    Member #
    33371
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Kalamazoo (No, seriously...)
    Posts
    99
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by sremick
    Wrong. When I switched to S-Video from standard composite on my 36" TV there was a huge improvement. My TV has both so I don't have to use S-Video, but I use it because it's a lot better.
    Really? I didnt really notice a difference when i switched to s-video on my ps2...

  5. #15
    Got lifeboat? sremick's Avatar
    Member #
    27061
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vermont, USA
    Posts
    1,130
    Friends
    25
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by d4mahern
    Really? I didnt really notice a difference when i switched to s-video on my ps2...
    What size TV did you have? The smaller the TV, the less-noticeable the difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

  6. #16
    G'd up from the feet up Digitalldj's Avatar
    Member #
    12828
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    159
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4877-3781-9603-3455
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknroll4eva
    wii doesnt need hdmi because its not about the graphics
    thanks for reading the rest of the thread

    it's not about graphics, it's about the ease of having 1 common input which nearly all new TV's and receivers are using as their primary video/audio input, regardless of quality

    that triple switcher thing looks interesting, but again it's component :P

    oh well..i'm going to look at my options for a 40 foot component cable that i could perhaps run alongside the HDMI for my projector, although since we didnt realize we were going with a projector in the beggning, the cables are ran along the roof and behind the screen, which will look even uglier with a thick ass component cable running alongside
    Princess diana you were like a banana slipped on a peel went through the stearing wheel

  7. #17
    Are Wii having fun yet? spcmanspif's Avatar
    Member #
    34110
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    58
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by sremick
    Wrong. When I switched to S-Video from standard composite on my 36" TV there was a huge improvement. My TV has both so I don't have to use S-Video, but I use it because it's a lot better.
    When you say "standard composite", do you mean yellow/red/white RCA inputs or red/green/blue/red/white inputs? IIRC, red/green/blue composite inputs are better than S-Video.

  8. #18
    Got lifeboat? sremick's Avatar
    Member #
    27061
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vermont, USA
    Posts
    1,130
    Friends
    25
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by spcmanspif
    When you say "standard composite", do you mean yellow/red/white RCA inputs or red/green/blue/red/white inputs? IIRC, red/green/blue composite inputs are better than S-Video.
    That's component, not composite. I was referring to composite (single RCA connector for video), not component (3 RCA connectors for video).
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

do wiis have hdmi ports

,
does the wii have an hdmi hookup
,

does the wii have hdmi hook up

,
does the wii have hdmi hook ups
,
does wii have hdmi hookup
,

hdmi hookup for wii

,

wii have hdmi

,
wii hdmi
,
wii hdmi hookups
,
wii hdmi no sound
,
wii hdmi resolution
,
wii video hdmi
Click on a term to search for related topics.