LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    G'd up from the feet up Digitalldj's Avatar
    Member #
    12828
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    159
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4877-3781-9603-3455

    HDMI for the Wii?

    Is there/Will there be an HDMI output for the Wii??

    i have not seen any locally, but i'm kind of stuck needing one..as my Yamaha Receiver does not downconvert Analog Signal to the HDMI input for my projector

    so it's either i'm stuck keeping the Wii in my room and playing it on a smaller TV, or leave it dangling from my projector with no audio
    Princess diana you were like a banana slipped on a peel went through the stearing wheel

  2. #2
    Are Wii having fun yet? spcmanspif's Avatar
    Member #
    34110
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    58
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    No reason to have HDMI since the Wii is only capable of 420p picture quality. The projector doesn't have component or RCA in? Can't you run the sound to the receiver with red/white RCA and then run video to the projector directly (if it has component/RCA in)?

  3. #3
    Got lifeboat? sremick's Avatar
    Member #
    27061
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vermont, USA
    Posts
    1,130
    Friends
    25
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Or option C) Get an S-Video to HDMI converter. You can get them for about $200.

    All depends on how bad you want it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

  4. #4
    WiiChat Member Master Foot's Avatar
    Member #
    6145
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    388
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5574-4537-7049-7984
    Quote Originally Posted by sremick
    Or option C) Get an S-Video to HDMI converter. You can get them for about $200.

    All depends on how bad you want it.
    He might as well put something extraand get a regular TV with component inputs.

  5. #5
    G'd up from the feet up Digitalldj's Avatar
    Member #
    12828
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    159
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4877-3781-9603-3455
    i searched and found other topics regarding this..

    how is there "no reason" to have HDMI output on the wii?

    yes, it cannot put out as full HD resolution, but HDMI is A COMMON and perhaps up and coming the most popular source for HD Tv's and home theatres, i think it's absolutely rediculous nintendo doesnt at least offer it as a source of output

    and hooking straight into the projector is not an option as it's ceiling mounted..
    Princess diana you were like a banana slipped on a peel went through the stearing wheel

  6. #6
    Gearhead Surf Coder [DT]'s Avatar
    Member #
    33107
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Vilano Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,329
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalldj
    i searched and found other topics regarding this..

    how is there "no reason" to have HDMI output on the wii?

    yes, it cannot put out as full HD resolution, but HDMI is A COMMON and perhaps up and coming the most popular source for HD Tv's and home theatres, i think it's absolutely rediculous nintendo doesnt at least offer it as a source of output

    and hooking straight into the projector is not an option as it's ceiling mounted..

    Sounds like you have a nice setup.

    Gefen makes several converters (assuming you don't want to go full tilt scaler like a DVDO product, handles several in/out). Anyway this Gefen box:

    http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/E...AUD-2-HDMI.htm

    Handles component video + analog audio -> HDMI for $178

    FWIW, I've dealt with RAM on a few occasions and have had excellent customer service. Hope that helps!

    ~DT
    "I want to be more like the ocean, no talking, all action"
    - Jane's Addiction

    "Ga-blaaaaagh!!"
    - Liliane Eva

    "The grammar corrections around here are officially old and tired."
    - Celeste

  7. #7
    G'd up from the feet up Digitalldj's Avatar
    Member #
    12828
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    159
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4877-3781-9603-3455
    man..already spent so much money :S

    oh well..i guess a switcher or converter is gonna be my only option in the long run

    until then the projector only sees the PS3 and 360 i guess
    Princess diana you were like a banana slipped on a peel went through the stearing wheel

  8. #8
    Are Wii having fun yet? spcmanspif's Avatar
    Member #
    34110
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    58
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalldj
    how is there "no reason" to have HDMI output on the wii?
    Also no reason because the Wii is only capable of Dolby Pro Logic II sound and not 5.1 which the HDMI handles.

    Really a unthoughtful move on Nintendo's part because I agree that we are going to see more and more HDMI hookups on TVs in the near future, HD or not.

  9. #9
    Got lifeboat? sremick's Avatar
    Member #
    27061
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vermont, USA
    Posts
    1,130
    Friends
    25
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Well, considering just an S-Video -> HDMI converter box costs almost $200 I wonder how much an HDMI port would have added to the cost of the Wii. Certainly not a full $200 but it wouldn't have been negligible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

  10. #10
    Detroit Lions 2-1 d4mahern's Avatar
    Member #
    33371
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Kalamazoo (No, seriously...)
    Posts
    99
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I only looked for a minute or two but found this... you could probably find one of these with hdmi instead of the standard component cables if you really wanted to... maybe try checking their website or something....Either way its pretty dang sweet looking
    http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-ente...ps2-226320.php

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

do wiis have hdmi ports

,
does the wii have an hdmi hookup
,

does the wii have hdmi hook up

,
does the wii have hdmi hook ups
,
does wii have hdmi hookup
,

hdmi hookup for wii

,

wii have hdmi

,
wii hdmi
,
wii hdmi hookups
,
wii hdmi no sound
,
wii hdmi resolution
,
wii video hdmi
Click on a term to search for related topics.