LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Detroit Lions 2-1 d4mahern's Avatar
    Member #
    33371
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Kalamazoo (No, seriously...)
    Posts
    99
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    exactly they are all next gen in their own way...360 for superior grafix and online play, wii for the controls, and ps3 for superior grafix and tanking hard...

  2. Ads


  3. #12
    Naruto Uzumaki MRCOOLGH's Avatar
    Member #
    33242
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    306
    Friends
    1
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    technically yes the wii is nex-gen not new-gen. second wii, ps3, and 360 wont be replaced till five years later because of a monopoly law in the video game market. consoles can not be released quickly right after another because Sega kept releasing too many console with out properly being space out in time. so thats why we wont see the nex-gen after this one till 2011-2015 cuz it all depends on the company.
    Hey everyone it's me MRCOOLGH its been forever and a half since I came back on in fact its been at least a year and a half since I was here. Last time I visited Wiichat was 02-26-2008 and I'm gald to be back everyone!

  4. #13
    Cogito Ergo Sum JAKE196's Avatar
    Member #
    34237
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Williamsburg, VA (U.S.A.)
    Posts
    1,720
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    no, this 7th generation of gaming is usually referred to as Nex-gen
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Zelda TP, SSX: Blur, Excite Truck, The Godfather, and Mario Kart Wii
    PC games: Call of Duty 4, Halo 1, UT3, F.E.A.R., and The Orange Box.
    PS3 games: Ratchet and Clank F.T.O.D., Resistance 2, Wipeout HD, and MGS4.

  5. #14
    Unofficial WiiChat Helper Link_of_Hyrule's Avatar
    Member #
    713
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Athens, AL
    Posts
    800
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7114-5214-3386-2022
    I don't know why people keep bringing this up its pointless "Next-Gen" is defined as the newest set of consoles from several companies competing against each other end of story the Wii is "Next-Gen" until the next console from nintendo, sony, microsoft, or someone else is out.

    Quote Originally Posted by MRCOOLGH
    technically yes the wii is nex-gen not new-gen. second wii, ps3, and 360 wont be replaced till five years later because of a monopoly law in the video game market. consoles can not be released quickly right after another because Sega kept releasing too many console with out properly being space out in time. so thats why we wont see the nex-gen after this one till 2011-2015 cuz it all depends on the company.
    I'm not saying this isn't true but I'm not quite sure I beleave that please provide me with a link to the law that you are quoting

    http://findlaw.com/
    Last edited by Link_of_Hyrule; 09-27-2007 at 06:41 PM.

    Please PM me before adding me!

  6. #15
    WiiChat Member trevpimp's Avatar
    Member #
    34543
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    27
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by el-zilcho
    I get your point but I dont think so because even though the unique control system is a huge part of what defines the wii ;
    the similarities of the system and its "next gen" counterparts are all too close knit to give the wii a stand alone "new generation" quality .
    Also i dont think it will be too long b4 sony + msoft follow suit on motion detection .

    yeah thats exactly what i thought. Then it would get better than motion sensors. maybe next would be controller-free and you just use your hands to play games

    like you wave your hand to swing the sword or something. i dont know.
    - TrevPimp


  7. #16
    WiiChat Member Chewtoy's Avatar
    Member #
    34173
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    North Pole, Alaska
    Posts
    113
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by trevpimp
    yeah thats exactly what i thought. Then it would get better than motion sensors. maybe next would be controller-free and you just use your hands to play games

    like you wave your hand to swing the sword or something. i dont know.
    Nah, I want the hollodeck from Star Trek the "Next Generation!!!" Lol

  8. #17
    WiiChat Member Dreamweaver's Avatar
    Member #
    21550
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    East Sussex, UK
    Posts
    143
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5133-1980-9154-2212
    I thought they were Current Gen now.


    iz-grafix.co.uk


  9. #18
    Bleach & Heroes fan. Byuakuya's Avatar
    Member #
    13437
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Soul Society
    Posts
    6,251
    Friends
    8
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy
    next generation = the generation that came after the previous generation.

    It has nothing to do with system capabilities, regardless of what people would have you believe.
    I completely agree with you. I am sure that is how the consoles are referred to. The same name will remain for the next set of consoles, which will be the next generation when compared to the current set of consoles.

    The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee


    PSN ID: Byuakuya


  10. #19
    Wiichats Idiot Identifier balrogs.pa's Avatar
    Member #
    29897
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    I forgot how to look at a map.
    Posts
    1,630
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0588-9206-9468-1123
    so if one kid is extremely smart he's part of the next generation, not his?
    Mario Kart DS 438194819390
    People i respect on this forum: Atomic,Santa Claws,Frogger,Cyan,Levesque, Balrogs.pain, Shoko, MushroomedMario, sremick
    I make my avatars/signatures!

    Spoiler Alert!

  11. #20
    ...:..:..:..:..:.. el-zilcho's Avatar
    Member #
    34441
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    the cellar
    Posts
    608
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2889-0567-4141-1338
    Quote Originally Posted by balrogs.pa
    so if one kid is extremely smart he's part of the next generation, not his?
    no he's smart for his generation .....like me
    ____________________________________
    Spoiler Alert!

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

newgen nintendowii

,

what is wii classified as

Click on a term to search for related topics.