LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5134-2285-1457-3930
    if you were going to compare the two pics it would only be right to compare the mps pic with a pic from halo 3 single player not multiplayer. every one knows the graphics in the mulitplayer part of games are scaled down.
    Don't Be A Fan Boy Its Not Benaficial

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    I think that halo 3 screenie looks amazingly real. First real screen I see of Halo 3 btw. :P

The metroid screen looks more interesting because it has got so much more stuff on it. But I guess it depends wich screeny you take.

I do agree though. A game with more graphical stuff in it is nicer to play than a game that has just the coolnes of real graphics
    Tip of the day:
    A big mistake a lot of you make is that wiiware games will be free.

Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

Member #
    Friends
    5134-2285-1457-3930
    Quote Originally Posted by IzWiZzLe
    i guess its a matter of taste...some like really realistic games, while others like the game for the gameplay itself...to me, wii's graphics are good enough as long as the gameplay can keep me hooked....realism will only take you so far if the game bores you 1 hr in.
    This is the best opinion on this matter that i have heard! No graphics arent every thing, but it does emmerse you in the game better when graphics are great. i for one didnt care for nintendo since the game cube drought. Did not plan on getting a wii when i found out it wasnt going to be in hd. Im in love with the graphics capability of the 360 and ps3, but with any system you cant go on graphics alone. I got a wii and was surprised that i didnt even care what wii sports looked like, or what zelda looked like, it was fun. But at the same time the wii has it share of horrible looking and playing games, just as the 360 and the ps3 do. lets stop comparing apples and oranges, and just play the games that deserve to get played, and don't play the ones that are crap. No system is better then the other. Just like its different people in the world who like different things, there are different consoles that cater to differnt people, differnt games for different type of gamers. No matter what you choose remember THE COMPANIES ARE MAKING THE MONEY YOU ARE SPENDING IT. Get whats right for you if you can only get one, if you got it like that get em all. But lets not take sides thats ignorant
    Last edited by yungblood6; 09-27-2007 at 03:18 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    5574-4537-7049-7984
    It really is a matter of opinion and preference. Although, from the pics, it looks like Halo 3 has just a comparable polygon count to MP3. The only difference is that Halo 3 is running 1080p textures as oposed to 480p in Prime. Watching the games in motion is what really matters anyway. I'm not hating on Halo, but I was expecting a LOT more in the graphics department for Halo, but that dosen't mean that Prime 3 gets a free pass.

I'm diggin the Trashcat

Member #
    Friends
    5134-2285-1457-3930
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Foot
    It really is a matter of opinion and preference. Although, from the pics, it looks like Halo 3 has just a comparable polygon count to MP3. The only difference is that Halo 3 is running 1080p textures as oposed to 480p in Prime. Watching the games in motion is what really matters anyway. I'm not hating on Halo, but I was expecting a LOT more in the graphics department for Halo, but that dosen't mean that Prime 3 gets a free pass.

I'm diggin the Trashcat
    im an xbox player and Halo is overated. the first one was ground breaking but they have (in my opinion) been the same game over and over. this one with no exceptions its just halo 2 with a somewhat new story and better graphics, and a couple of new weapons. Only thing that makes halo 3 worth the purchase (in my opinion) is the multiplayer. I got the game at launch and have already played and beat the game on normal and the hardest difficulty leval Legendary. check my gamer tag if you need proof. on normal in 3 1/2 hours and on legendary 5 hours. yungblood6105

Member #
    Friends
    im an xbox player and Halo is overated. the first one was ground breaking but they have (in my opinion) been the same game over and over. this one with no exceptions its just halo 2 with a somewhat new story and better graphics, and a couple of new weapons. Only thing that makes halo 3 worth the purchase (in my opinion) is the multiplayer. I got the game at launch and have already played and beat the game on normal and the hardest difficulty leval Legendary. check my gamer tag if you need proof. on normal in 3 1/2 hours and on legendary 5 hours.
    EXACTLY!! Halo 3 even uses the same gun shot sounds from Halo 1 and 2!? It's just 1 & 2 smashed together and sprinkled with 1080P. To be honest, I was let donw graphically by this game. Captain Keyes looks bad up close and don't even get me started on the commander. I actually let a friend borrow my Halo 3 LE until January because I was so disgusted. I mean Microsoft has made a killing off of hype. The game even had the freaking flood in it from teh Halo rings, WTF! The flood can fly ships now!? It was a horrible experience dipped in eye candy. MP3 to me does more than just rehash, it innovates also. This game uses (to me) the Wii controls flawlessly. The only other game that showed potential with the controls was Godfather:BE. Halo was, is, and will be over rated. The Wii has good games, the PS3 has good games, and the 360 has good games. Cash your check, review teh games, and make the purchase right for you.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by yungblood6
    This is the best opinion on this matter that i have heard! No graphics arent every thing, but it does emmerse you in the game better when graphics are great. i for one didnt care for nintendo since the game cube drought. Did not plan on getting a wii when i found out it wasnt going to be in hd. Im in love with the graphics capability of the 360 and ps3, but with any system you cant go on graphics alone. I got a wii and was surprised that i didnt even care what wii sports looked like, or what zelda looked like, it was fun. But at the same time the wii has it share of horrible looking and playing games, just as the 360 and the ps3 do. lets stop comparing apples and oranges, and just play the games that deserve to get played, and don't play the ones that are crap. No system is better then the other. Just like its different people in the world who like different things, there are different consoles that cater to differnt people, differnt games for different type of gamers. No matter what you choose remember THE COMPANIES ARE MAKING THE MONEY YOU ARE SPENDING IT. Get whats right for you if you can only get one, if you got it like that get em all. But lets not take sides thats ignorant
    ^^^^ Thank you.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by COLDshiver
    I would like you to compare them to this:

^^^^ What game is that? It looks like a painting.

come to the dark side.... dark samus's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7159-9733-2785-0220
    nintendo scaled down on the graphics to make more room for other things like better gameplay, better enviroments and who cars about graphics? the only real difference graphics make is that things LOOK better, but games like mp3 have the best controls/gameplay ive ever seen.

guitar hero friend code: 451091730984
    PM me if you wanna add me.

Member #
    Friends
    1356-2901-5350-4509
    Quote Originally Posted by arcticreaver
    i dunno man, comparing halo3 to mp3 in turns of graphics? i would have to say i want halo 3's graphics. why? because of 1080p. why? because halo 3 can generate more polygons than the Wii and the fact is that 1080p is just way better than 480p.

mp3 has good graphics for a Wii game i mean. but if you put mp3 on say an xbox 360 or ps3, it would look way better.
    All very good points however you forget that if someone does not have a HD tv they can only show 480p 1080P is HD i think if I am wrong just say it but I think that is the right stats for a standard definition

Ads