LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    The thing with the Wii is, it has not used its full potential.
    It has the ability to do much more than what it is, and I guess thats what the original poster was saying. I came in quite late into here.

However, I think developers are waiting for the right game to use its full potential, because although it will never ever push out Ps3 or 360 stuff (DUH)
    it has the power to do more than it is now.

Maybe the next Zelda we will see its true potential, or with the new character that is being made now.

Its a great time to be a Wii Owner, and I can not wait for the future.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by GThwaite
    You keep saying things that don't have any backing. Where was it advertised by Bungie to be the end of all FPS's? I know people outside of Bungie and Microsoft such as G4 and Spike may have said things like that but I'm pretty sure the commercials just said "believe" mostly. So please stop saying things that you can't prove. I went to that link, press "ctrl+f" and typed in idiot.. you guessed it, it never came up. If you mean it gave an explanation why it was in 640p, then yes, they did provide that, but I see no forward comments about it.

I'm also bewildered by you saying the single-player was less than mediocre. What? I don't think so. If you mean it wasn't a "revolution in gaming" like you expected then yes, call it what you'd like. But tons of people would argue otherwise. I work at a store that sells video games and when people come in and talk to me about games, they talk about Halo. I've only heard a couple of complaints about the graphics needing to be better, but as far as the single player is concerned, everyone agrees. A good end to a good game. I've heard that comment over and over again. However what halo is really best at is the multiplayer. I don't know how you call down the multiplayer. I don't know how you can really bash a game at all until you release a game that makes 170million in the first day. Break that record and come back and lay down some smack talk. Metroid and Halo are good in their own ways and to simply bash one or the other just shows ignorance.

Ya' know. You were quite quick to lay down the "fanboy" moniker when your favorite game was slammed by another, and you continue to attack me (as though you know me or something) as though I'm your enemy. Did you not see the """"'s around the word "idiot"? The link where gamers were "made out to be idiots" was from B3D. I'll link the thread as I don't have the time or desire to reread that novel. Have at it, I'm done with this.
    http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread...=43330&page=11
    Chances are good that I'm a LOT older than you.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Kil4Thril
    Ya' know. You were quite quick to lay down the "fanboy" moniker when your favorite game was slammed by another, and you continue to attack me (as though you know me or something) as though I'm your enemy. Did you not see the """"'s around the word "idiot"? The link where gamers were "made out to be idiots" was from B3D. I'll link the thread as I don't have the time or desire to reread that novel. Have at it, I'm done with this.
    http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread...=43330&page=11
    Haha, Halo 3 is not my favorite game, that honor would goto Ocarina of Time.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Magus
    true true...correct me if I'm wrong, but while the Atari had a joystick I believe it was a in fact a digital 8-direction joystick, basically a d-pad with a stick...and I'm not familiar with Vectrex so I can't say one way or another...
    The 2600 had an 8-way digital joystick, but the 5200 stick was analog, although I don't think much took advantage of that.

to further add to the point, I also did not mention at all that the Intellivision's controller has a circular pad that reads input in any of its 360-degree area...
    Actually the Intellivision disc was digital too, it was essentially just a 16 way d-pad (as opposed to the more common 8 way controllers of the time).

Member #
    Friends
    Howdy Folks!

I'd rephrase the title of this topic to something along the lines of:

"Developers emphasize art direction and gameplay to accommodate Wii's processing power"

I don't believe in some Nintendo master plan to build less capable (vs. 360/PS3) hardware in an attempt to force developers into building better games.

Along those same lines, there was another comment (not singling anyone out):

"nintendo scaled down on the graphics to make more room for other things like better gameplay"

Nintendo didn't have to "make room" for anything - they simply targeted a performance and price point for their platform and assumed that a combination of brand recognition/1st party titles, cost and UI tech would sell consoles, and they were correct!

That being said, developers targeting the Wii as a development platform will want to be as competitive as possible. As the software library for the Wii grows, if publishers don't want to get lost in the wash, they will need to make their products as standout as possible. I suspect that means we'll see more optimal use of the hardware and controllers, better, more interesting storylines, etc., and a 2nd generation of games that are much better than the current crop of titles!

~DT

Totally off topic sidenote:

Sea Battle for Intellivision? Wow, how great was that game
    "I want to be more like the ocean, no talking, all action"
    - Jane's Addiction

"Ga-blaaaaagh!!"
    - Liliane Eva

"The grammar corrections around here are officially old and tired."
    - Celeste

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by [DT]
    Howdy Folks!

I'd rephrase the title of this topic to something along the lines of:

"Developers emphasize art direction and gameplay to accommodate Wii's processing power"

I don't believe in some Nintendo master plan to build less capable (vs. 360/PS3) hardware in an attempt to force developers into building better games.

Along those same lines, there was another comment (not singling anyone out):

"nintendo scaled down on the graphics to make more room for other things like better gameplay"

Nintendo didn't have to "make room" for anything - they simply targeted a performance and price point for their platform and assumed that a combination of brand recognition/1st party titles, cost and UI tech would sell consoles, and they were correct!
    I agree with you 100%! I'm getting tired of people making excuses for Nintendo and the wii. They don't need excuses. The wii is what it is, take it or leave it. As you said, in the above, they knew what they were doing and their gamble paid off, big time!

[/QUOTE] That being said, developers targeting the Wii as a development platform will want to be as competitive as possible. As the software library for the Wii grows, if publishers don't want to get lost in the wash, they will need to make their products as standout as possible. I suspect that means we'll see more optimal use of the hardware and controllers, better, more interesting storylines, etc., and a 2nd generation of games that are much better than the current crop of titles! [/QUOTE]

I truly hope so...

~DT

Totally off topic sidenote:

Sea Battle for Intellivision? Wow, how great was that game [/QUOTE]

Member #
    Friends
    3632-7782-7801-4679
    ok i think comparing to the graphics of halo 3, which was stunning, yes the enviroment wasn't all good but still it look real enought to touch.
    and the wii has just more art into it. nice and all but it just depends on what u care more about. i personly like them both, they should get married and have the perfect kid, stunning graphics that look realer thenlife it self and have the most beautiful art work on top of that.
    like what mother always say,
    "If you have nothing nice to say,
    then don't say anytthing at all."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Ads