LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

General Questions about Wii

Hey,

I need to get rid of my PS2 and move on to something newer (I know it's a bit late, but still better than never ). I am checking out xbox, ps3, and wii of course.

I will ask my wii questions here; any help and pointers would be great:
    (also I am sorry if some of my questions are retarded, I'm not that hardcore with this stuff)

1- I know this is game specific, but usually up to how many players can play a games on the same wii console? Can different moniters be used for shooting games, or do we have to split 1 moniter?

2- Is there any way to network 2 or more wii's? (without going on the internet)

3- How often does your wii break down on you?

Thanks

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    First of all, welcome to WiiChat. Regarding your questions:

1- I know this is game specific, but usually up to how many players can play a games on the same wii console? Can different moniters be used for shooting games, or do we have to split 1 moniter?
    A maximum of 4 players can play a game on the Wii console in multi-player mode. The screen is split into two or four different segments to allow each player to interact with the game and each other. I am not sure if more than one screen can be used.

2- Is there any way to network 2 or more wii's? (without going on the internet)
    As far as I know, the answer to that question is "No".

3- How often does your wii break down on you?
    My Wii console has never "broken" down on me at all.

Happy gaming.

The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee

PSN ID: Byuakuya

Member #
    Friends
    I think you should really be looking at what games are available for each console and which ones appeal to you. As this is for your 'nintendo' questions, bear in mind please: Metroid prime 3, Smash bros, Mario Galaxy, Zelda Twilight Princess, Battalion Wars 2, Mario strikers, SSX Blur, Red Steel, Resident evil 4, Paper Mario, Mario kart, Trauma centre, Warioware, Super Monkey Ball, Wii Sports, Wii play, Wii fit, Animal crossing, and all the other games out now or coming..er.... "soon."

D S
    Member #
    Friends
    8371-1413-5471-1722
    1) Maximum of four players( one per Wiimote) and the screen is split into two or four sections, to allow all players to have a fair chance. To use dual screens is an unknown option to me yet, and highly unlikely, without a home brew or "modded" Wii.

2) Without a home brew or some kind of "modded" Wii, their is no way to connect/sync two Wii's without the use of the internet.

3) The wii has never broken down on me, or gotten "bricked" and i've had it for about 3-4 months.
    Join -No External Links.

If you wish to add me as a "Wii Friend" PM me
    D S ~~Since 1992

Official Metroid Breeder Zarogan's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5460-1571-7458-7185
    About question 2, I believe there is a way, doesn't BWii come with a WLAN option, to play multiplayer with two different Wiis? I think I read in the instruction manual too.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    the wii has a wireless LAN mode so can play certain games with multiple tv's instead of split screens. but i don't think this feature has been included in many games yet. (2 wiis and games required)

my wii is in perfect working order and always has been.
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Zelda TP, SSX: Blur, Excite Truck, The Godfather, and Mario Kart Wii
    PC games: Call of Duty 4, Halo 1, UT3, F.E.A.R., and The Orange Box.
    PS3 games: Ratchet and Clank F.T.O.D., Resistance 2, Wipeout HD, and MGS4.

Member #
    Friends
    Thank you all for your feedback.

I think everybody seems to agree that you need more the 1 WII to play a certain game on 2 screens.

Has anybody tried the wireless LAN thing trying to connect 2 or more wiis?

Ads