LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Wii Sensor Bar: It just worked yesterday -- why is it not working today?!

I'm having the strangest problem and it's really, really annoying.

I sit back about 11 feet from my projector screen and I usually place my sensor bar above or below the screen. Everything has been working perfectly until last night.

I have THREE different sensor bars:

1) Official sensor bar modded to use 7.5v (or 9v? I forget) AC adapter.
    2) Nyko wireless sensor bar
    3) Custom-built sensor bar with high-power infrared LEDs

When I use the Wii sensor bar sensitivity screen I can see my two LED sources perfectly fine. They don't even blink or anything -- they are big, bright, and solid.

However, after I exit the sensitivity menu the cursor will NOT show up unless I get within 3 feet of the sensor bar.

I've tried two different Wii remotes and all three of my Wii sensor bars.

What the heck is going on? The sensitivity menu shows that everything that I have two (and only two) LED sources and they are perfectly viewable at 11 feet.

Also, my setup worked perfect just two days ago!

Can anybody give me any advice?

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    2102-9498-1680-7204
    put bateries in the wiimote DUH
    wii code:2102 9498 1680 7204
    wii name:adam
    pm me to add me

Awating Headset Support Jimmer1720's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    well...theres THAT.....but I think you answered your own question with this:

1) Official sensor bar modded to use 7.5v (or 9v? I forget) AC adapter.
    2) Nyko<--(?) wireless sensor bar
    3) Custom-built sensor bar with high-power infrared LEDs
    All the bolded terms shouldn't even be there. Why did you go wireless, what's with the modding, and why did you get a Cutom Built sensor bar? Btw wtf is Nyko? Never heard of that company before.

Someone probably screwed up royal in the "configuring" of the sensor bar, because your problem sure doesn't make any sense to me.

All this modded stuff, why can't people just stick with what Nintendo gave em?

“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” -Winston Churchill

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Yeah you shouldn't use modded things, just use the official stuff from Nintendo =]

btw Jimmer1720 Nyko is a company that makes accessories
    www.nyko.com
    KryKidd

Member #
    Friends
    1147-8411-9710-7036
    did you try blowing into it? but i have no idea. that is cool how you have yours on a projector, i want mine like that!

Member #
    Friends
    First off, the custom, modded, high power etc, is not the issue. He says they worked two days ago but don't now.

<start modding rant>
    None of what he describes is "wrong", nor is it "illegal". Modding is neither morally wrong, nor is it illegal. Of course you can't expect Nin to continue to support it after any mods, but without modding, we wouldn't have 1/2 (if not more) of all current and past technology. I know there are people who "mod" things in order to use copied games and cheat, but that is an issue for Nin, (and I will agree that it is both illegal and immoral) and the courts. However, modding for ANY other purpose, like extending your Wiimote range, increasing the "field of action" to match your screen size, and other mods of that nature (including re-purposing any device you purchase) is not only morally and legally good, but has led to a heck of a lot of technological advances that we enjoy today. <end modding rant>

As for the OP's problem, I would try new batteries in the wiimotes, then if that doesn't work, I would remove power from all devices (unplug, remove batteries, etc) for 2-3 minutes, and try again. Also try cleaning off the sensor end of the wiimotes (soft damp cloth only) and the sensor ends of the bars. If none of that helps, then I would start looking at what changed in the environment. Any new sources of IR can be causing this problem.

Member #
    Friends
    Also, I recommend testing another wiimote, be it a spare if you have one or borrow a friend's for a little bit.

Problem seems to be either your wiimote or even possibly your wii. If the problem occurred simultaneously with 3 different sensor bars, I wouldn't think they'd be the cause.

That's my opinion, anyway.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmer1720
    well...theres THAT.....but I think you answered your own question with this:

All the bolded terms shouldn't even be there. Why did you go wireless, what's with the modding, and why did you get a Cutom Built sensor bar? Btw wtf is Nyko? Never heard of that company before.

Someone probably screwed up royal in the "configuring" of the sensor bar, because your problem sure doesn't make any sense to me.

All this modded stuff, why can't people just stick with what Nintendo gave em?
    That's all covered in the original post.
    He uses a project screen for one, which means his Wii is probably nowhere near the actual screen which means he'll need an alternative. Also it says he's about 11 feet back from the screen which is pretty much out of range for the standard sensor bar, so he's going to need something that puts out a stronger infra-red light to boost the range.

And to top that off, he said in the original post that it worked before and now doesn't, so your rant about using only the standard Nintendo sensor bar is irrelevant.

Member #
    Friends
    may be b/c your wiimote has a problem?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sofakng
    I've tried two different Wii remotes and all three of my Wii sensor bars.
    Looks like he tried a different remote.

Ads