LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Good Wii Deal???

What do you Wii owners think about this Wii deal at Walmart? I don't have a Wii yet and seeking your advice. Thanks in advance.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5303671
    No Wii for Mii.....yet.
    DS: Madden '08

Member #
    Friends
    Well the unit is 250, an extra controller and nunchuck is 60, the games are 50 each. So 260+250 = 510. that deal is 538 plus. If you buy online, you can skip taxes, so they would make up some difference. I wouldn't say it is a good deal, unless I missed something

Member #
    Friends
    The package also includes an accessory from a list - so just to plug in something like the Classic Controller for $20, brings the total up to (using your math) $530-ish. Pretty close to the MSRP total of all the items.

No tax, but shipping (with an estimated 25 lbs?!).

I just sort of hate being forced into too many package items, but in general I'd say anything at MSRP is decent.
    "I want to be more like the ocean, no talking, all action"
    - Jane's Addiction

"Ga-blaaaaagh!!"
    - Liliane Eva

"The grammar corrections around here are officially old and tired."
    - Celeste

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by [DT]
    The package also includes an accessory from a list - so just to plug in something like the Classic Controller for $20, brings the total up to (using your math) $530-ish. Pretty close to the MSRP total of all the items.

No tax, but shipping (with an estimated 25 lbs?!).

I just sort of hate being forced into too many package items, but in general I'd say anything at MSRP is decent.
    Shipping is $40. Total price will be around $613 because there is tax. $34.71 worth of tax.
    Last edited by airguardim; 10-02-2007 at 11:37 AM.
    No Wii for Mii.....yet.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by airguardim
    Shipping is $40. Total price will be around $613 because there is tax. $34.71 worth of tax.
    Jeez, that seems a little steep to me, especially factoring in having to buy 3 games in addition to the included MP8 (though it is a terrific game).

The wifey and I were never in a had-to-have mode, so we just waited on a system only or minimal bundle (we got ours from Circuit City: system, extra controller, extra 'chuck + 1 game of our choice [we chose MP8]) - it also had free shipping. Yeah, I just looked back at our receipt and it was $381.56 to the door.

Er, but I don't want to be a party pooper, I mean, it's probably only going to get worse the closer we get to Christmas.

That bundle DOES offer pretty much every game as your pick three which is cool (vs. some limited, poor choices) - I'd do Metroid, Zelda and Paper Mario

~DT
    - Jane's Addiction

"Ga-blaaaaagh!!"
    - Liliane Eva

- Celeste

Member #
    Friends
    2328-3260-7811-1534
    Quote Originally Posted by timewasted
    Well the unit is 250, an extra controller and nunchuck is 60, the games are 50 each. So 260+250 = 510. that deal is 538 plus. If you buy online, you can skip taxes, so they would make up some difference. I wouldn't say it is a good deal, unless I missed something
    I agree. It's not a "good deal" but seems to be a decent bundle at the least. Even though timewasted forgot to add in $20 for the choice option of a classic controller/choice of cables/other misc crap.

If you are having trouble finding a Wii and planning on buying all the stuff offered, and they can guarantee availability plus fast shipping to the store it's not horrible.

EDIT: [DT], if you have them ship it to a local store the shipping is free.

"Real Men Wii Standing Up"

Member #
    Friends
    I think that's a really expensive bundle. No reason to get it. Wiis have been coming in stock online at a regular pace (once in a week or two) so if you subscribe to alerts from sites like http://wiialerts.com . itrackr.com is more of a hit or miss for local stores based on my experience.

Just make sure you can get the email notification (like yahoo messenger or something), or better still, forward to your cellphone and then login when you get an alert.

I got 2 last week. I'm going to get a couple more when they come back in stock next time for a couple cousins.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by haloagain
    I think that's a really expensive bundle. No reason to get it. Wiis have been coming in stock online at a regular pace (once in a week or two) so if you subscribe to alerts from sites like http://wiialerts.com . itrackr.com is more of a hit or miss for local stores based on my experience.

Just make sure you can get the email notification (like yahoo messenger or something), or better still, forward to your cellphone and then login when you get an alert.

I got 2 last week. I'm going to get a couple more when they come back in stock next time for a couple cousins.
    Oh thanks for that web site. I was so close to purchasing that bundle while working today, but I'm glad I showed patience and posted this topic. Seems like I would have been spending more money than I should.
    No Wii for Mii.....yet.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisKhaos
    Even though timewasted forgot to add in $20 for the choice option of a classic controller/choice of cables/other misc crap.
    I covered that - see above

Quote Originally Posted by KrisKhaos
    EDIT: [DT], if you have them ship it to a local store the shipping is free.
    Oh yeah? Good call!
    - Jane's Addiction

"Ga-blaaaaagh!!"
    - Liliane Eva

- Celeste

Member #
    Friends
    Yeah, I agree that is not a good price. Not where I'm at any way. We always have Wii's in stock, and alot of those games are selling for $40 or less here also. Plus AK has no sales tax either so that is not an issue either.

Ads