LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2830-7183-6847-5811
    I saw this on Yahoo! News. If this was about 3 years ago I would be one of the people waiting to get on for Christmas and would have so dissappointed to not have one under the tree. Luckily I got mine in March and I no longer get XMas Presents, but hey its about giving.

Member #
    Friends
    man this means i will never, ever be able to buy a wii. I cant freaking afford one with finacial problems but if they cant even meet the damn demand then that means there wont be no wiis until........ *gulps* Spring.
    Hey everyone it's me MRCOOLGH its been forever and a half since I came back on in fact its been at least a year and a half since I was here. Last time I visited Wiichat was 02-26-2008 and I'm gald to be back everyone!

Member #
    Friends
    0703-1902-1226-7953
    The only way I was able to get my hands on a Wii a couple of weeks ago was because the local newspaper seems to have neglected to put the Toys R' Us ad in the Sunday edition... this the store had more than a dozen units and no one looking to buy them. The rest of the state... sold out. Scary, considering that Christmas is still more than two months away. That's how strong the demand is though... stores are going through dozens at a time, usually within hours of putting them on the shelf.

There is one positive side to all that though... being delayed in purchasing the system means that when one does finally get it, some of the best games yet to be seen on the Wii will be out (Smash Bros Brawl, MOH: Heroes II).
    Last edited by mirrin; 10-07-2007 at 10:56 AM.
    Tiger? Where?!? WHERE?!?

Member #
    Friends
    1176-2102-2777-2932
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisKhaos
    Good luck with that. A week before Black Friday? Your chances now are about 50/50 depending on the location to find one now, a week before America's official start of the Christmas buying season would probably be about 10%.

I wish I could give more encouragement, however now is the best time to get one before 2008.
    Yes I understand. It's just that I can't get one until then. I'm not in the States currently. From 18 November until 3 December I have a vacation and I'll be at the stores EVERY DAY! Still yeah it's possible I might not find one. I stlll haven't seen a Wii for sale in a store.
    Wii: Super Mario Galaxy, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, MLB Power Pros, Punch Out!!!, Legend of Zelda
    DS Lite (black): Madden '08, Tiger Woods '08
    iPhone (8GB), iMac (24"-2.4Ghz), MacBook (2Ghz Intel Core Duo), iPod Nano (4GB-Green)

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisKhaos
    Good luck with that. A week before Black Friday? Your chances now are about 50/50 depending on the location to find one now, a week before America's official start of the Christmas buying season would probably be about 10%.

I wish I could give more encouragement, however now is the best time to get one before 2008.

-EDIT-

It has everything to do with there production, the demand continues to exceed the supply.

However regardless Nintendo is still composed of human beings, and while modern machine technology helps with speedy production there is still a maximum limit to how much any producer can produce within a practical production model. Nintendo's has been well beyond max since it's release, and all efforts to increase production have been met with even more demand.

Go Nintendo.
    No, it doesn't have anything to do with production.
    They still are producing at a steady rate, demand is really high right now with new games and Christmas looming. Its not their fault many people want a Wii right? You even said it yourself with your last line there.

Production is fine my friend, its the people's demand here that is causing this.
    Supply maybe is a better term for you, the supply is not bad.
    The demand is.
    CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    I'm not quite sure about this but I think the shortage may, in fact, be bolstering the Wii's sales. When people make a large purchase of $200 or more they usually think about it before they buy it. The has kinda turned into an impulse buy. If someone sees that a store has one they grab it up before its too late. Some people might have waited to buy if it hadn't been for the shortage.

However, I'm not an expert by any means so I could be totally wrong.

They still are producing at a steady rate, demand is really high right now with new games and Christmas looming. Its not their fault many people want a Wii right? You even said it yourself with your last line there.
    Edit: I read a story awhile back that talked about how nintendo had been have trouble increasing the production speed of the processors in the Wii. I'll try and find the story and link it here.
    Last edited by Magorien; 10-07-2007 at 11:12 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    as a wii owner, I feel lucky

Member #
    Friends
    2328-3260-7811-1534
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetAWii

Production is fine my friend, its the people's demand here that is causing this.
    Supply maybe is a better term for you, the supply is not bad.
    The demand is.
    I think we are mis-understanding each other here, as I never said the production was BAD, however it is the production that is still to blame. Regardless the Supply is much less than the current Demand, and Nintendo despite there best efforts are unable to meet that demand. Debating which is at fault, "Supply or Demand" is kinda like the question, "Which came first? The chicken or the egg?", it's not going to go anywhere. My intentions wasn't to dis you or Nintendo but simply clear the fact that Nintendo's production is unable to meet the current demand, and yes production is to blame for this as it isn't shipping problems or any other possible problem to play. It's merely a difficulty to meet such a high demand.

I apologize for this mis-understanding, my original point was simply to clear a possible mis-understanding and instead I managed to create one. In regards to your original post I agree with you actually, it's just the use of the word "production" is too generic of a term and didn't mean for it to reflect Nintendo's ability to produce. (It is difficult to get a point across when you have the up-most respect for someone and even agree with them, however disagree with the choice of words used and continue to preserve that respect.)

It would cost a fortune to open up new locations just to attempt to reduce the overwhelming demand. It iss not in Nintendo's best interest to literally waste that kind of money, not to mention the hysteria is produces from people's anticipation actually adds a little to it's potential sales. Then again, you are at risk of loosing potential sales too if you are unable to keep up as well. It's really an ugly balance, but all in all Nintendo is doing there best to make everyone happy.

I think everyone deserves and needs a Wii, it's just too bad it takes time to get one to everyone.

"Real Men Wii Standing Up"

Member #
    Friends
    3632-7782-7801-4679
    well this was bound to happen since there r a lot of games that everybody r waiting ft but only one, that i kno of, is in decmeber. i think we can survive with the many games coming out already and don't forget we have now a few online that'll we'll nevre stop playing.
    like what mother always say,
    "If you have nothing nice to say,
    then don't say anytthing at all."

Where is your god now? zapasant's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2887-9874-6238-6951
    haha, im happy i got my wii, no need to rush, considering all i have to worry is ssbb shortages, luckily i live in a small town and not many people even know about the game, so im not preordering it
    PSN ID: zapasant93

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads