LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Reggie said there would be more Wiis for the holiday season so they probably won't be any harder to find than usual.
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Zelda TP, SSX: Blur, Excite Truck, The Godfather, and Mario Kart Wii
    PC games: Call of Duty 4, Halo 1, UT3, F.E.A.R., and The Orange Box.
    PS3 games: Ratchet and Clank F.T.O.D., Resistance 2, Wipeout HD, and MGS4.

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisKhaos
    I think we are mis-understanding each other here, as I never said the production was BAD, however it is the production that is still to blame. Regardless the Supply is much less than the current Demand, and Nintendo despite there best efforts are unable to meet that demand. Debating which is at fault, "Supply or Demand" is kinda like the question, "Which came first? The chicken or the egg?", it's not going to go anywhere. My intentions wasn't to dis you or Nintendo but simply clear the fact that Nintendo's production is unable to meet the current demand, and yes production is to blame for this as it isn't shipping problems or any other possible problem to play. It's merely a difficulty to meet such a high demand.

I apologize for this mis-understanding, my original point was simply to clear a possible mis-understanding and instead I managed to create one. In regards to your original post I agree with you actually, it's just the use of the word "production" is too generic of a term and didn't mean for it to reflect Nintendo's ability to produce. (It is difficult to get a point across when you have the up-most respect for someone and even agree with them, however disagree with the choice of words used and continue to preserve that respect.)

It would cost a fortune to open up new locations just to attempt to reduce the overwhelming demand. It iss not in Nintendo's best interest to literally waste that kind of money, not to mention the hysteria is produces from people's anticipation actually adds a little to it's potential sales. Then again, you are at risk of loosing potential sales too if you are unable to keep up as well. It's really an ugly balance, but all in all Nintendo is doing there best to make everyone happy.

I think everyone deserves and needs a Wii, it's just too bad it takes time to get one to everyone.
    Fair enough, its fine.
    I always like god debates, discussing things with others is great.
    You have good knowledge, I hope you stick around.
    I to feel for those that will be wiiless this holiday season, but hope that many can find one somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by JAKE196
    Reggie said there would be more Wiis for the holiday season so they probably won't be any harder to find than usual.
    That may have been true a few months back, as I heard the same thing.
    But recently he was interviewed and he said that many people may not get a Wii as the demand is still very high.

Hence the discussion shown here on the first page.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    Yup.. Unless you wanna get one of those bundles -_-. I'm so glad I got one already.

LAK
    Member #
    Friends
    4406-3939-2779-8753
    wii shortages are really disappointing so long after its release, but it's that amazing of a system. i recently bought mine off ebay and paid more than i would have had i walked into a store. it was frustrating to pay more, but worth it to finally have the wii. i'd say if you can get the wii for under $300 on ebay, it's a good buy. it'll only skyrocket during the holidays.

Ads