LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2170-3663-0776-5976

Wii Lock Up with some Loud Sound!

I was playing PaperMario I was on Chapter 5-4 and I was exiting the chapter cave maze. It lock up that was very odd. Some reason the CD and Wii Frozed and Lock it self up. Now I can't turn it off. Or Reset it. I have PaperMario for long time it never happen before. Good thing I hit the Save Star Block while I was exiting the maze. I going to unplug it I hope it won't make it worse.

Edit: never mind I unplug the Wii it unlock it self works now. Don't know why it lock up during the game.
    Last edited by wiiguy09; 10-09-2007 at 01:55 PM.
    Wii Games I Own: Zelda Twilight, Wii Play, Wii Sports, PaperMario 3D, TheBigs Baseball, Sonic Secret Rings, Sonic and Mario at Olympics!, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Brawl.
    =======================
    Feature Games I want for Wii: Wii Fit, Wii Music don't know about other games yet looking into it.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Member #
    Friends
    Never heard of that happening before.

Member #
    Friends
    2328-3260-7811-1534
    Quote Originally Posted by wiiguy09
    I was playing PaperMario I was on Chapter 5-4 and I was exiting the chapter cave maze. It lock up that was very odd. Some reason the CD and Wii Frozed and Lock it self up. Now I can't turn it off. Or Reset it. I have PaperMario for long time it never happen before. Good thing I hit the Save Star Block while I was exiting the maze. I going to unplug it I hope it won't make it worse.

Edit: never mind I unplug the Wii it unlock it self works now. Don't know why it lock up during the game.
    I had this happen while playing my best round of Golf on Wii Sports and had to do the same. Of the course of a week after the system started buzzing/vibrating and spitting more and more "Cannot Read Disc Errors" on any game played. Eventually it was shipped back to Nintendo.

Not saying the same will happen to you, however something to keep an eye on. Just in case.

"Real Men Wii Standing Up"

Member #
    Friends
    4842-2271-0989-9857
    this happened to me too. All u can do is pull the plug and wait 30 sec and then boot it up again.
    If I seem nice to you that is because I am.

Member #
    Friends
    2170-3663-0776-5976
    I going have to keep my eye on it. I hope nothing in the feature games etc will casue my Wii act up even more. I have firewall on my WIFI so no virus should not heart it etc.
    Wii Games I Own: Zelda Twilight, Wii Play, Wii Sports, PaperMario 3D, TheBigs Baseball, Sonic Secret Rings, Sonic and Mario at Olympics!, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Brawl.
    =======================
    Feature Games I want for Wii: Wii Fit, Wii Music don't know about other games yet looking into it.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by wiiguy09

If it keeps doing that, you gonna hafta send it back to Nintendo. The Loud sound is the disc drive messin up.

Member #
    Friends
    8340-4296-5417-5503
    I hate when that happens. Its happened to me a two times...

Member #
    Friends
    instead of unplugging it, you should hold the power button down for at least ten seconds.
    Mario Strikers Charged Friend Code-463963 487582
    PM me if you want to add me.

Wii-$245 Extra Wiimote-Free
    Nunchuck-$15 Virtual Console Control-Free
    Call of Duty 3-Free Need for Speed Carbon-$30 Mario Party 8-Free Mario Strikers Charged-$50

Ads