Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Unofficial WiiChat Helper Link_of_Hyrule's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7114-5214-3386-2022
    I don't know why you would want to sell your wii ether but ETQW is freakin awesome!! I can't say the same about UT3 because my pc cant really play it that well so I don't really know I like 2k4 better i guess but I'll wait to play it on a good pc before I make my final decision.

Please PM me before adding me!

Member #
    Friends
    dude ur lucky u have a wii, i wasnt interested at first but now with the great games coming out, i want one pretty bad. im trying to find a place where they have them in stock

Member #
    Friends
    Its very surprising you can't sell a good working Wii. I mean you have to discount compared to a new one, but people are paying premiums of 50+ bucks for a new one.

Where do you live? Unless it's in the middle of nowhere, in most big cities craigslist is pretty active with Wiis and they go very well. You should be able to get 250 for the console and maybe 1/2 or 2/3 MSRP for the accessories. you do the math.

Obviously, the console is worth more because they're hard to find, but accessories are readily available so people need a decent discount.

Member #
    Friends
    It's your decision, but I do have to say one thing:

If you are/were into PC gaming, I really can't see you buying a 360 just because of the prospect of a First Person Shooter in the form of Halo 3. Blasphemy for a PC gamer! . PC will always have the best of the FPS genre. I think you need a much better reason before you buy a 360...especially given its track record with hardware failures and all (estimated 33% of all 360s are expected to have at least one failure).

Nonetheless, $220 is ok, I'd try to go for $250. It is, after all, still difficult to find in many areas. I'm not sure if you gave the console much of a chance, though. Zelda doesn't have that much replay value, and DBZ is a mediocre fighting game; it's expected that you got tired of your wii after only a couple/few months.

plus waving the controller around make me loot like an idiot.
    I absolutely hate it when people use that argument. It's fine if you just said [later] that it felt "too predictable," but when people say they "look like an idiot," they sound way too superficial. If you're having fun with the motion controls, then stop the dang complaining with what it looks like. If you don't think the "waving" is fun (do you really ever have to seriously "wave" it? Games only require simple flicks), then fine, the argument is far more understandable.

Honestly, the only time the Wii controls look absolutely ridiculous is in the actual TV commercials, but that's not how everyone plays. I kinda wanna punch the directors of those commercials. Yeah, I'm just angry today. Dang cheesy, smiling, happy families...
    Last edited by vi3tmix; 10-18-2007 at 12:53 AM.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    2625-5585-1810-7837
    Quote Originally Posted by highroller
    XBOX 360 has good games but the console is very unreliable, you will end up sending your console to service for repairs sooner or later.

PS3, Sony will drop down the price on November to $399 (40 GB) version. They have good games too

Wii will have great games coming on November and further on.

You should keep your wii, or sell it and get a PS3 when the price drop occurs next month. Avoid 360 like a plague (too unreliable)
    You do know they replace 360s for free right? Guess not...
    My Wii was boring also, but my X-Box reigns supreme over any PC.
    WiiChat Forum Moderator
    Need help with anything, PM me.

We remain unwritten through history
    no x will mark us on the map
    but in books of pros and poetry
    you loved me once in a paragraph.

SteamID: WaywardWaterGod

For any Pokemon games, PM me.

Member #
    Friends
    5873-1290-1753-2112
    Are you trying to sell it or just start a fuss?

"My Wii is Boring"
    The most unnecessary comment in the whole thing. Who cares?
    Also, the Wii has been out for a little less then a year. 360 owners were singing a similar tune about this time in it's life span.

Have patience, man!

Hm. I was going to say something else... But I forgot...
    By the way, did you play Bioshock on the PC? I got the demo, but it's frame-rate was rather sluggish... Sad...
    GAME OVER

Member #
    Friends
    liek teh worst time to sell it man. . .
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Zelda TP, SSX: Blur, Excite Truck, The Godfather, and Mario Kart Wii
    PC games: Call of Duty 4, Halo 1, UT3, F.E.A.R., and The Orange Box.
    PS3 games: Ratchet and Clank F.T.O.D., Resistance 2, Wipeout HD, and MGS4.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicB
    By the way, did you play Bioshock on the PC? I got the demo, but it's frame-rate was rather sluggish... Sad...
    Well, it has to do with the game in a sorts running through a sort of 360 emulator. It's a problem that has to do with most console-to-PC ports, in that the PC versions will always seem to run a little sluggish no matter how good your PC is.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by vi3tmix
    Well, it has to do with the game in a sorts running through a sort of 360 emulator. It's a problem that has to do with most console-to-PC ports, in that the PC versions will always seem to run a little sluggish no matter how good your PC is.
    Never heard of the game being emulated on the PC through some kind of 360 virtualization. I don't believe this is the case - while PC's and 360's share a bit of the same architecture, development for the PC version is a ground up effort, just like the 360 version.

The +big+ difference with consoles is they provide a standard, reference platform - they don't change (minus small firmware revisions), they're a fixed target. Developers can use every trick to optimize the game engine, knowing it not going to break because of some common, but untested hardware combination. Consoles also are optimized for games, vs. general computing. PC's have a number of abstraction layers for dealing with modular hardware, unknown peripherals, 3rd party drivers, etc.

Bioshock is also using a fairly advanced shading engine, and if it's not supported in hardware, it suffers a severe performance hit.

I saw Bioshock on a stout PC with an NVidia 8xxx series card, Vista/DX10, etc., and it looked incredible at 1680x1050, but that was a pretty expensive gaming tuned rig (the videocard was as much as a 360). It looked noticeably better than the 360 too.

My reasonably quick, primary dev machine ran Bioshock like poop.

Has everyone seen the Gears of War PC demo? It uses the original, higher res textures, has better frame rate, you name it vs. the PS3 version, but it needs a monsterous machine to run it at high res with a decent fps.
    "I want to be more like the ocean, no talking, all action"
    - Jane's Addiction

"Ga-blaaaaagh!!"
    - Liliane Eva

"The grammar corrections around here are officially old and tired."
    - Celeste

Ads