LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5409-0948-4525-7180

Will the Wii soon be the center of attention again?

With all of the new amazing news coming out surrounding Nintendo's new information on networking possibilities and some sweet (hefty looking) wii ware titles, new amazing news on smash (and how well it plays and looks), the news of the exclusivity of monster hunter 3, and well everything else...does this mean the wii will stop being the forgotten "fad" console that everyone likes to think it is? I really think Nintendo is here to stay this generation despite what many people think...Its just going to take a few months

Smash Bros. Brawl Code: 4296-2641-1219

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    8161-1890-9256-0423
    The Wii will probably always be refered to as a "fad" console. People will keep saying that it just won't last, because they don't want to admit that they were wrong. So they'll keep calling it such until the next generation of consoles come out.

In the darkness lies your fears...
    -Resident Evil

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    No, its starting to get away from that stage or term I think anyways.
    It was considered as a fad back when there was hardly no good games, yet it was still kicking some serious butt.

Now, there are some good games coming, so the Wii is starting to prove itself more and more as months go by.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    6636-1630-0874-1365
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetAWii
    No, its starting to get away from that stage or term I think anyways.
    It was considered as a fad back when there was hardly no good games, yet it was still kicking some serious butt.

Now, there are some good games coming, so the Wii is starting to prove itself more and more as months go by.

Correct but when Brawl and Galaxy come out the Wii will take the crown.
    Arguing Over The Internet Is Like Participating In The Special Olympics, Even If You Win You Are Still Retarded.
    Super Smash Bros Brawl:
    2320-5790-2320

Mario Strikers friend code:
    494028-363289

Member #
    Friends
    5409-0948-4525-7180
    Quote Originally Posted by laderer5
    Correct but when Brawl and Galaxy come out the Wii will take the crown.

I totally agree...if the Wii has sold as many consoles as it has already....just imagine when smash and mario hit...its going to go crazy. An improved online system never hurts either

Member #
    Friends
    6597-7058-7157-6973
    I never considered the Wii a fad console. I knew it would take off as time goes by. Especially with the release of Metroid Prime Corruption and the soon releases of Brawl and Galaxy? The Wii ALREADY HAS the crown. To all those who think it was just a "fad"..why is it still on very high demand? It's still hard to find a Wii where I live even after almost a year since launch. The only garenteed chance over here is by using Ebay or going to the Nintendo World store in NYC. thats a fad right?

"We've all been down this path before
    You're trapped in this town
    And it wears you down
    When we leave today maybe you'll understand
    That this constant struggle isn't always in the palm of our hands."

Member #
    Friends
    5409-0948-4525-7180
    Quote Originally Posted by ARav989
    I never considered the Wii a fad console. I knew it would take off as time goes by. Especially with the release of Metroid Prime Corruption and the soon releases of Brawl and Galaxy? The Wii ALREADY HAS the crown. To all those who think it was just a "fad"..why is it still on very high demand? It's still hard to find a Wii where I live even after almost a year since launch. The only garenteed chance over here is by using Ebay or going to the Nintendo World store in NYC. thats a fad right?

Tell that to the people that don't play theirs anymore after the "novelty" has worn off. I know, I'm with you and think it pretty much owns right now.

Member #
    Friends
    5409-0948-4525-7180
    This is the article that kinda got me thinking...even though it seems more and more developers are coming to their senses

http://wii.ign.com/articles/826/826558p1.html

Member #
    Friends
    6597-7058-7157-6973
    dont double post. edit.

and yeah i agree. that article got me thinking as well. but the people do buy it out of curiousity sometimes. although, when an amazing game does come out, some dont give it a shot. it's thats individuals lose.

EDIT: 400th post *looks at join date* gosh im a noob. lmao

"We've all been down this path before
    You're trapped in this town
    And it wears you down
    When we leave today maybe you'll understand
    That this constant struggle isn't always in the palm of our hands."

Member #
    Friends
    2294-2353-1207-3330
    That article is stupid.

EA has already said they made a mistake not focusing on the Wii and were going to improve their efforts. Obviously Ubisoft knew it was a good thing, because they started working on Rayman Rabbids 2 before the first one started flying off of the shelves. And, with WiiWare, they are opening it up to all of the small developers who want to get their games out there but can't get them passed in the big game houses. Does XBox and PS have that option? I am betting that they don't.

The next 6 months will be very exciting for Wii owners. Those who are bored of their Wii's, they'll be back on.
    Wiiaffied : April 22, 2007
    Accessorwiis : 4 sets of motes and chucks, 2 motionPlus, 1 dance pad, Wii Zapper, colored battery doors, component cables, aluminum travel case
    Gamiis : Wii Sports, Elebits, Big Brain Academy, DDR : Hottest Party, Battalion Wars 2, Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, Medal of Honor : Heroes 2, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, Rayman Rabbids TV Party, Tiger Woods 08, EA Sports Active, Game Party 1&2, Punch Out, Wii Sports Resort

Do you Wii-B-q?

Ads